This Day is for You | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This Day is for You

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Chief is just trying to understand how my original post, wishing Casual Fans well attending First Night, is even remotely considered a “Rant”?
Not a criticism, Chief is just trying to understand your thought or emotional process.
At times I think it comes off as condescending. I think it’s funny but admit there are days when I would be annoyed with the schtick

C

Chief00

At times I think it comes off as condescending. I think it’s funny but admit there are days when I would be annoyed with the schtick
Tucker - Thanks for the feedback. Chief seeks first to understand before expecting to be understood.

C

Chief00

Chief never experienced that is all I can say. Never had a problem with practice access.
Everyone couldn’t have been more gracious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Does the third person references increase with the level of alcohol in your bloodstream?

Reaction Score
A day for us is nice, but some groups have a whole month. Chief, can October be Casual Fan Month from now on?

C

Chief00

A day for us is nice, but some groups have a whole month. Chief, can October be Casual Fan Month from now on?

I wouldn’t be opposed - why not? The month of First Night.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1539400063770.png

Since I agree we all use handles here, this post is "Lurker" certified.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not counting them but thank you for the "like". Lurker appreciates those who realize he knows a secret.

Reaction Score
Chief can think outside of himself - which so many can’t do today. Just because it’s not Chief’s thing doesn’t mean Chief can’t appreciate that others enjoy it - and Chief is all for happiness and getting as many Casual Fans involved with UConn MBB as possible.
Love ya buddy, but why are you speaking in the third person? It comes off very egotistical, don’t get caught up in all the minutia with the posters.

C

Chief00

Love ya buddy, but why are you speaking in the third person? It comes off very egotistical, don’t get caught up in all the minutia with the posters.

The advice on minutia is good advice.

Reaction Score
The advice about the third person is good, too. How, exactly, did that become a thing with you? Do you have a split personality or something? Did a teacher slap your hand for using the first person incorrectly?

Reaction Score
Bezz likes the third person thing. Keep Chiefin', Chief!

Actually, that felt kinda weird. Only Chief can pull it off.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Chef (thanks tcf) is meant to be read with wry sarcasm. Always surprised to see people offended by his condescension.

Reaction Score
Chef (thanks tcf) is meant to be read with wry sarcasm. Always surprised to see people offended by his condescension.

Agreed, I'm never offended and I enjoy what Chief brings to this board but lately it's becoming a bit too much for this casual fan! The barrage of content on most threads is giving me Chief-fatigue.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Agreed, I'm never offended and I enjoy what Chief brings to this board but lately it's becoming a bit too much for this casual fan! The barrage of content on most threads is giving me Chief-fatigue.

Agree. Not up to Chief par these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom