This Day is for You | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Day is for You

Reaction Score
We get that Casual Fan is a term of endearment to you Chief and we don't want to bust your chops but it reminds me of the term "amateur", like you and the "real UCONN fans" don't bother with First Night because it's just a little show you spend too much time in the locker room, at practice, and in deep meaningful conversations with coach Hurley all week long as any insider would, while the rest of us scrounge for scraps of information on the program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We get that Casual Fan is a term of endearment to you Chief and we don't want to bust your chops but it reminds me of the term "amateur", like you and the "real UCONN fans" don't bother with First Night because it's just a little show you spend too much time in the locker room, at practice, and in deep meaningful conversations with coach Hurley all week long as any insider would, while the rest of us scrounge for scraps of information on the program.

It’s his way of saying that people who don’t affirm everything he posts don’t know anything about basketball.

Reaction Score
Cmon guys no one on the BY is a casual fan. We pour hours into into discussing UConn basketball, breaking down players and strategy, and collectively hating certain rivals and the NCAA. The "casual fans" Chief talks about are the folks who don't know the difference between man and zone defense, who would believe you if you told them Craig Austrie was the backup PG, and who are going to first night for Ayo and Teo. Quite frankly, their investment in UConn basketball is measured by how entertained they are by a game or event. Don't be offended! If you are on this site, you are not a casual fan.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Cmon guys no one on the BY is a casual fan. We pour hours into into discussing UConn basketball, breaking down players and strategy, and collectively hating certain rivals and the NCAA. The "casual fans" Chief talks about are the folks who don't know the difference between man and zone defense, who would believe you if you told them Craig Austrie was the backup PG, and who are going to first night for Ayo and Teo. Quite frankly, their investment in UConn basketball is measured by how entertained they are by a game or event. Don't be offended! If you are on this site, you are not a casual fan.

post/handle

BOOM!!!!!

Reaction Score
I feel like boneyarders aren’t casual fans. Casual fans don’t talk about UConn men’s/womens Athletics year round or post here on the bone yard. Casual fans, to me, are those who are very laid back when it comes to their team. They throw the game on here and there, might own some husky gear, and might be able to hold a UConn conversation. They won’t invest their time into observing the team during the off season to the extent the yard does. Pretty sure they would even call themselves a casual fan.

Not us. We are a different breed. We are mostly made up of die hard fans. You have your casual fans, the die hards, and the insiders. Your all animals to me!

Let’s have fun tonight!

Go Huskies!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not going. Have never gone. Maybe when I retire. Nah, I don't like the music now and would hate it then. It's for the students, and ours do need a reminder of the energy and enthusiasm level they need to bring.

Reaction Score
I feel like boneyarders aren’t casual fans. Casual fans don’t talk about UConn men’s/womens Athletics year round or post here on the bone yard. Casual fans, to me, are those who are very laid back when it comes to their team. They throw the game on here and there, might own some husky gear, and might be able to hold a UConn conversation. They won’t invest their time into observing the team during the off season to the extent the yard does. Pretty sure they would even call themselves a casual fan.

Not us. We are a different breed. We are mostly made up of die hard fans. You have your casual fans, the die hards, and the insiders. Your all animals to me!

Let’s have fun tonight!

Go Huskies!

There's a Casual Fan Spectrum. Boneyarders can still register on it.

Reaction Score
Am I a casual fan? Sure, if the situation demands it. That doesn't mean I disregard the finer things and creature comforts that make any occasion suitable for my highly tuned and discriminating tastes.

m2YuSybSH1zF9JpfDlqOLBQ.jpg

Reaction Score
@Chief00 [to haters]: Son, we live in a world that has online forums, and those forums have to be guarded by men with inside information. Who's gonna provide it? You? You, @UconnBoston ? Chief has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Kevin Ollie, and you curse Chief. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Chief knows -- that Chief's predictions, while cryptic, probably saved lives; and Chief's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at First Nights, you want Chief on the Boneyard-- you need Chief on the Boneyard.
We use words like "dams," "casual fans," "flood waters." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

Chief has neither the time nor the inclination to explain Chief's self to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very information that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

Chief would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, Chief suggests you pick up some information and make a post. Either way, Chief doesn't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Chief, there is no emotional process involved Chief. Chief started a Chief thread with the two things Chief shows the most disdain for in previous Chief messages. If Chief stayed up past midnight so Chief could post a misleading title to the message of Chief's post then I must congratulate Chief's subterfuge. If Chief does not realize that Chief is being jerky then Chief is not being honest with his Chiefself.

C

Chief00

Chief, there is no emotional process involved Chief. Chief started a Chief thread with the two things Chief shows the most disdain for in previous Chief messages. If Chief stayed up past midnight so Chief could post a misleading title to the message of Chief's post then I must congratulate Chief's subterfuge. If Chief does not realize that Chief is being jerky then Chief is not being honest with his Chiefself.

I am sorry, I read your post twice but still don’t understand it enough to respond in a meaningful manner. Please let me suggest, Chief staying up past midnight might not be the unusual milestone event it is to you. The title was from the heart and entirely consistent with previous posts. I have always been an advocate of casual fans and respect and appreciate their value. I want them to enjoy this day.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this time of year,my preference is watching a competitive practice by a long shot.
I can’t believe how so many have been so damaged that they just don’t accept the well wishes for what it is - and say thanks. Who brought you dudes up?
Are you allowed in practice?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom