The zone is not doubling Vance. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The zone is not doubling Vance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His shooting form is fine, he just seems a bit slow out there. The obvious comp is giffey, niels use to really get after on defense and would be relentless cutting on offense, even when he had no shot of getting a touch. That famous basketball quote , ollie uses it , "the ball finds energy" couldn't be more accurate to describe vj's shortcomings. I know he is a talented shooter, just needs to pick up his motor.

Reaction Score
He shoots from his chest, which is fine against 6-3 slow HS kids. It's not a criticism as much of a reason it will take time for him and why his impatient father is not getting yet

How many college QBs enter the NFL and immediately need to have the throwing motion rebuilt or baseball pitchers, etc.

Shawn Marion played 16 years in the league with a low release push/flick shot.

You can get away with a low release.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He SHOULD heighten his release a bit, and he probably could quicken it a bit too.

But I don't see many of his issues so far this year being from his shooting form.

The overall speed of the game, and getting ready to shoot, and which shots are the right ones are the things he has to figure out to become a shooter of his reputation and ability.

That's all stuff that, given the player wants it bad enough, will come with experience and work and PT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He SHOULD heighten his release a bit, and he probably could quicken it a bit too.

But I don't see many of his issues so far this year being from his shooting form.

The overall speed of the game, and getting ready to shoot, and which shots are the right ones are the things he has to figure out to become a shooter of his reputation and ability.

That's all stuff that, given the player wants it bad enough, will come with experience and work and PT.

He can either heighten his release or elevate. Honestly, elevating would be easier. I think he's tentative, and that extra second allows the defense to close making him either not shoot, or shoot contested. Hopefully they can work on this. Some confidence would go a long way towards eliminating his hesitancy. He's going to be a good outside shooter for us eventually.

Reaction Score
He is just off right now. he missed wide open jumpers with no one, not a 6'9 defender or slow high schooler in his face, but by himself. He just has to keep shooting and he will find his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom