The zone is not doubling Vance. | The Boneyard

The zone is not doubling Vance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd like to see him drive.

All the guys who get the ball in the corner need to drive and kick.

Also wouldn't hurt to set a pick for Jalen once in a while.

Reaction Score
I believe Vance is 0 for his last 10. It takes him some time to get his shot off.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Vance is a deer in the headlights. Thank god Durham has had his best game. Jackson looks like this is the first time he's played in and against a zone

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really thought this kid was going to be a lights out shooter
He looks lost, he looks uncomfortable, he looks over his head - also needs to work on his ball handling
He's a freshman so hopefully he comes around but with the injury situation - he can't wait too long
He is seeing more floor time than anyone could imagine this year and needs to take advantage

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
He looked hesitant all day and afraid to shoot all night, lost his confidence somewhere.

C

Chief00

I really thought this kid was going to be a lights out shooter
He looks lost, he looks uncomfortable, he looks over his head - also needs to work on his ball handling
He's a freshman so hopefully he comes around but with the injury situation - he can't wait too long
He is seeing more floor time than anyone could imagine this year and needs to take advantage

Freshman

Reaction Score
Malik Monk and Josh Jackson are freshmen too

giphy.gif

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is almost exactly what people were saying about Rashad Anderson before he broke out in the 2nd half of the UMass comeback as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I couldn't resist one for the "rankings don't matter" crew....

[

QUOTE="FeedTheDove, post: 1926197, member: 2219"]
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Kid can shoot it just struggling it happens. He will find it and maybe it's at OSU?

Reaction Score
His form is awful, so when he has to play faster or is defended by bigger players it exposes it.

Kid can shoot it just struggling it happens. He will find it and maybe it's at OSU?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
His form is awful, so when he has to play faster or is defended by bigger players it exposes it.

His form is NOT AWFUL.

This rhetoric you keep up is getting old.

I'm not hammering you on THIS specific post bc his form could use a tiny adjustment, but he's also 6'8 so his form is most likely NOT the cause of his struggles, yet you keep bringing it up as tho he's shooting underhand granny 3s.

He's struggling to adapt to the speed, which is the biggest adjustment moving up ANY level. Some never are affected, some never are not affected, and some take time to adjust.

I'd be shocked if he's a guy who never adjusts, and i can assure you if he never adjusts, his lower release on his J is not gonna be the reason.

Reaction Score
He shoots from his chest, which is fine against 6-3 slow HS kids. It's not a criticism as much of a reason it will take time for him and why his impatient father is not getting yet

How many college QBs enter the NFL and immediately need to have the throwing motion rebuilt or baseball pitchers, etc.

His form is NOT AWFUL.

This rhetoric you keep up is getting old.

I'm not hammering you on THIS specific post bc his form could use a tiny adjustment, but he's also 6'8 so his form is most likely NOT the cause of his struggles, yet you keep bringing it up as tho he's shooting underhand granny 3s.

He's struggling to adapt to the speed, which is the biggest adjustment moving up ANY level. Some never are affected, some never are not affected, and some take time to adjust.

I'd be shocked if he's a guy who never adjusts, and i can assure you if he never adjusts, his lower release on his J is not gonna be the reason.

Reaction Score
He shoots from his shoulder, has nice form on the release actually but needs a little time, but not that much. Needs to use his ball fake and people need to make good passes for him to ready to shoot. The art of bring sure you deliver to the shooters strength is kind of gone, kids are just happy to throw a look no look pass in the vicinity, that doesn't help. You have a shooter make sure you deliver.

Reaction Score
He shoots from his shoulder, has nice form on the release actually but needs a little time, but not that much. Needs to use his ball fake and people need to make good passes for him to ready to shoot. The art of bring sure you deliver to the shooters strength is kind of gone, kids are just happy to throw a look no look pass in the vicinity, that doesn't help. You have a shooter make sure you deliver.

Yeah agreed. Could his form be tweaked? Sure and it will. But it's tight and high for the most part. He dips a little which impacts his speed and he tends to ball watch.

Kid just needs to see a few go in and play jos game. His shot is plenty good enough for college ball.

Reaction Score
Right now he's lost all confidence in his shot and looks terrified -- which is typical for many freshman at the start of the year. How long it takes him to adjust will define him as a player. The bigger problem is that he has no way to help the team other than his shooting -- he is just a terrible defender, not much of a rebounder, and when he puts the ball on the floor and goes charging into the lane only bad things happen. At least he seems to have given up on that HS "spin move" in the lane that he started the year with, so there's a sign of growth.

C

Chief00

I agree that a good pass makes the difference with a lot of shooters. The mindset to set up a shooter for a good shot vs throwing a bailout inaccurate pass when your move to score is halted.

Reaction Score
Right now he's lost all confidence in his shot and looks terrified -- which is typical for many freshman at the start of the year. How long it takes him to adjust will define him as a player. The bigger problem is that he has no way to help the team other than his shooting -- he is just a terrible defender, not much of a rebounder, and when he puts the ball on the floor and goes charging into the lane only bad things happen. At least he seems to have given up on that HS "spin move" in the lane that he started the year with, so there's a sign of growth.

All but the rebounding. He's like many kids I'm guessing, lose the concentration on doing everything else because your offensive game is stalling. Earlier in the year and a few times in maui he did a nice job boxing out and rebounding but as you said, it's not there the last couple. I think there's a lot there but he needs to figure it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom