The View From Section 241 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Of course Diaco wants to win, saying otherwise is foolish. However he definitely wants to win his way. As in, his way or the highway. As in stubborn beyond belief. It didn't work this year, that we know. Time will tell if it will work next year.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine that I'd waste a Saturday night hauling my butt out to see this team play again in September. And, for the first time ever, I'm not sure that I even want to renew. I'm sure I will, but it will feel more like a charitable contribution that I feel I need to make than something I want to do.

When people like me stop caring about a loss like this....and When THIS GUY starts posting like this?!?!?!?!? Yeah it's pretty safe to say this staff and team have lost the fanbase. They REALLY need to turn this thing around next year.

Reaction Score
When people like me stop caring about a loss like this....and When THIS GUY starts posting like this?!?!?!?!? Yeah it's pretty safe to say this staff and team have lost the fanbase. They REALLY need to turn this thing around next year.

There is no question that by the end of the '15 season we have to be heading in the right direction. In terms of getting people back to the stadium, it may be a longer road back than just getting the football team back into the top 50.

Reaction Score
I think that the conference realignment mess has made our sense of urgency and our feelings of desperation even greater than they would be in a normal rebuilding situation. However, after all the talk about the attention to detail, nutrition, and strength training I made the mistake of thinking that we would be working toward being a competitive team toward the middle and end of the season. The fact that the team has had so many deflating losses and were just destroyed by Cincy is going to be hard to come back from, but the main thing is how the team feels about the leadership it is getting. It seems clear that the fans don't believe anything that the coach is saying and they aren't going to attend non-competitive games. I feel that next season needs to show a strong turn in the right direction from the beginning of the season. We need to compete in games, develop a competent offense that can sustain drives and score points, and really put more pressure on the opponents in every game. If we continue to present this incompetent offense and continue to lay the onus on the defense to win us games and there is no improvement game to game, he will lose the team as well as the fans and there will be strong pressure for him to be fired at the end of year two. I believe that coaches should get at least three years to turn a program around, but the caveat should be that there is some definite improvement in each of the years and hopefully no stepping back. The Cincy game was a giant step back from where we were in THIS season and there needs to be no repeat of this type of performance. I hope we can close out the season with two strong performances going into the off-season and hopefully we do not see a repeat of this on the road at Memphis. It's certainly not out of the question given how Memphis is playing and how we are playing right now. Like I've said before I'm not giving up on the team or the coaches and I will renew for next year, but I'm really hoping that we get some positive movement we can build on and feel good about like the UCF game.

Reaction Score
so many fairweather fans.
i blame the NE Patriots and their success the 10-15 years or so.

3 year stretch in the crapper and people are crying like a newborn. can you imagine if these bandwagon fans had to endure the decades long stretch of incompetence that was the Patriots in the 60's, 70's and early 80's and a portion of the 90's?

10-20 years from now when Uconn is in the 8 team playoff, this stretch will be about how the die-hard fans earned their badge of courage. Braved the frigid cold with 2,000 other people in an empty stadium to see the team get blown out.
and 50K season ticket-holders will be claiming to have been there through it all...

Reaction Score

They have the first two games of next year to show me something. Two winnable early season home games. If not, I'll probably just check out until the next coaching turnover . . .

Reaction Score
I'll see what he does next year.

That's fine. I have trouble seeing farther than what's in front of my face. I want to see what he does this week. Actions speak louder than words, and we just came off a nasty loss at home, in our first game after the season goals were wiped off the table, and we are going on the road against a team that has the opportunity to achieve theirs.

What you gonna do?

Reaction Score
That's fine. I have trouble seeing farther than what's in front of my face. I want to see what he does this week. Actions speak louder than words, and we just came off a nasty loss at home, in our first game after the season goals were wiped off the table, and we are going on the road against a team that has the opportunity to achieve theirs.

What you gonna do?
Hang in there Carl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

3 year stretch in the crapper and people are crying like a newborn. can you imagine if these bandwagon fans had to endure the decades long stretch of incompetence that was the Patriots in the 60's, 70's and early 80's and a portion of the 90's?

10-20 years from now when Uconn is in the 8 team playoff, this stretch will be about how the die-hard fans earned their badge of courage. Braved the frigid cold with 2,000 other people in an empty stadium to see the team get blown out.
and 50K season ticket-holders will be claiming to have been there through it all...

You blame the Patriots for UConn fans being tired of 4 straight miserable seasons?

Well that wins the award for the strangest post of the week.

Reaction Score
Had to leave early in the second half last week. Could not take the ineptness any longer when we ran Boyle into the line twice and could not get a first down. It is too painful to see us struggle like this when at one time it seemed like we were on the upswing and gaining respect yearly for this program. Throw in the realignment aspect and the bad level of play is just amplified in how brutal this is for our fanbase. We need to see improvement this week. At least put up a fight.

Reaction Score

At least in the pros you are getting beat by the best players in the world. There's still some entertainment value even for a bad team. We can't beat Army or even belong on the same field as Cincy. I've been to every game but I can't blame people for not showing up, the fact that we are still getting the amount of people we've gotten to at least show up is impressive to me.

Reaction Score
At least in the pros you are getting beat by the best players in the world. There's still some entertainment value even for a bad team. We can't beat Army or even belong on the same field as Cincy. I've been to every game but I can't blame people for not showing up, the fact that we are still getting the amount of people we've gotten to at least show up is impressive to me.

Agreed, fans are there hoping to see something positive but the toll is going to be great on next seasons attendance. Hope the new QB's can generate some interest.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I have trouble in Paradise. The Mrs. informed me that she's done with UConn for the balance of the season & won't attend the last game. I guess that I'll ask my brother-in-law if she actually means it. (It might actually have something to do with wedding planning for the little princess).

Good luck and Godspeed Coach...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Oh please. Does anyone really believe that? I am 100% positive Coach Diaco wants to win. I am not positive he knows how to get a team to win. And that makes me extremely nervous. We cannot afford a Greg Robinson at this point in time.

Cheezus those 2 names in the same breath give me nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom