The Truth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I know a few of these kids personally and I know a number of parents of players. I cannot say a bad word about any of them and while some may not have the abilities to be able to crack the two deep at Alabama, each deserves far better than what they've gotten from the leadership of the football program.

I will leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Effort. There were a few guys out there going through the motions it felt. Foxx got effed up cause he was jogging after whitmer got picked off. That is what happens.

If P does anything. he has to hold guys accountable for lack of effort. No reason for a 5th year sr like donahue to be taking valuable reps from RS freshman like Vann if he isn't going all out on every play. That effort was very sad. Our boys HAVE NEVER played like that before. That was a horrible effort.

Reaction Score
Dude I have hated P since day 1. I have three years of posts mocking and bashing him.

You are trying to defend players who appeared today to not care enough to even give an effort.

It's not all coaching.

Dude, whether or not it is or isn't "all coaching" is the most ridiculous moot point ever. If this was Vanderbilt, Iowa St., or Western Michigan in 2011, your point would be valid. But right now, you just sound like a big meanie.....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Blaming them for quitting is BS.

Well if what I read in this thread is true.. Then people waste a lot of time worrying about recruiting because only the coaches impact the results... Not the players.

And that was a stellar effort where UConn showed a lot of energy. It was almost impossible to tell the difference between the last two weeks because the effort was so good today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude, whether or not it is or isn't "all coaching" is the most ridiculous moot point ever. If this was Vanderbilt, Iowa St., or Western Michigan in 2011, your point would be valid. But right now, you just sound like a big meanie.....

I'm a big meanie for mentioning that when you lose to Buffalo by 30, some of the blame falls on the players? Um.. Ok.

HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!! It's not your fault that you got embarrassed by Buffalo at all. YOU ARE WAY BETTER THAN THEY ARE!!! Don't get fooled by the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
They need to take some of this windfall from being rejected multiple times by every imaginable conference and pay this guy out and get an upcoming guy or coordinator. Just give Weist the job for remainder of season and see if he has the goods.

Reaction Score
I'm a big meanie for mentioning that when you lose to Buffalo by 30, some of the blame falls on the players? Um.. Ok.

HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!! It's not your fault that you got embarrassed by Buffalo at all. YOU ARE WAY BETTER THAN THEY ARE!!! Don't get fooled by the scoreboard.

Oh, you big meanie.
Earmuffs, children. Daddy doesn't mean it. He just had another rough day of coaching ineptitude.

*EDIT* Whaler, I fully realize you may stab me. But this point, I don't seem to care if I get shanked or not. My frustration level has finally boiled over. I know you are right that the players take some percentage of blame, but that percentage of blame has diminished to the point of irrelevance. If this was year 1 of the PP collapse, i'd totally agree. But not now. Now, it doesn't even matter anymore.

Reaction Score
I know a few of these kids personally and I know a number of parents of players. I cannot say a bad word about any of them and while some may not have the abilities to be able to crack the two deep at Alabama, each deserves far better than what they've gotten from the leadership of the football program.

I will leave it at that.

And I resent that UConn has to play players not talented enough to make Alabama's two-deep. That was UConn football before 2003, shouldn't be the case now. Conference realignment has gutted UConn football, will soon do the same to men's basketball (they've lost more than share of recruits) and will do likewise to women's hoops once Geno steps down.

Reaction Score
Yup. Getting to the point where losing all interest in college sports.

And I resent that UConn has to play players not talented enough to make Alabama's two-deep. That was UConn football before 2003, shouldn't be the case now. Conference realignment has gutted UConn football, will soon do the same to men's basketball (they've lost more than share of recruits) and will do likewise to women's hoops once Geno steps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom