The Truth | The Boneyard

The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
u gotta point here bro... This was a bad fit (coach for this team). We have talent. Unfortunately (a fact) the system, coaching, psyche just isn't meshing (sp?). I still love my UCONN Huskies ... FOR LIFE!

Reaction Score
Lets not absolve the players here the lack of effort by some was appalling. Looking at you # 52.

Reaction Score
Please. They showed up and played with zero energy and emotion.

If they want/need hugs maybe that is why they are 0-4.

So the fact that UConn is 10-18 and has the worst head coach (not to mention GDL, who somehow is worse) is the players fault? is that what you are saying?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So the fact that UConn is 10-18 and has the worst head coach (not to mention GDL, who somehow is worse) is the players fault? is that what you are saying?

Serenity now. Yes the players share a good amount of 18-10.

Reaction Score
Coaching prepares players to play. You cannot play inspired footbally for an idiot for ever. At some point you have to recognize your coach is a utter fool, and that is deflating.

Reaction Score
If you are a UConn fan and you do not want to hug each player on this team (especially Whitmer) and tell them this is not their fault, you are a human being.

Of all the dumb posts I read on here this is one of the dumbest.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There was zero energy on the field. They were flat, which mirrored the coaching staff

Reaction Score
If you say so. Guess we'll see next year.

No, we won't. That is 3 years of quality players like Blidi, Gratz, Sio, Masters, Griffin, Davis, Phillips, Smallwood, Trevardo, Joseph, Stephen, and Ty-Meer utterly wasted. Not to mention guys whose careers could have been so much more like McCombs, Whitmer, Bennett, Friend, and any number of other current players stuck with this utter turd of a head coach.

You are honestly gonna tell me the last three years of incompetence falls on these guys? Or on any f the current players? Nonsense. PP and GDL David Carr-ed Whitmer and I feel horrible for him.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In defense of the players, they've had to spend a minimum of nine months with this jerkwad coach. If we are tired of his obvious BS, image having to pad up everyday. I imagine the eyeroll count at daily practice is off the charts.

Reaction Score
In defense of the players, they've had to spend a minimum of nine months with this jerkwad coach. If we are tired of his obvious BS, image having to pad up everyday. I imagine the eyeroll count at daily practice is off the charts.

This.

You have no idea what these players have endured for 28 games. Do you not think they know what we see and say? They see it and say it themselves. Yet they have to try and make it work.

They are human. Nobody should have to endure what they have had to endure. Unless you walk in their shoes.....

Reaction Score

LMAO.. hillarious, but you gotta think at least a good # of players are feeling this way by now...

Reaction Score
If you are a UConn fan and you do not want to hug each player on this team (especially Whitmer) and tell them this (the last 3 years) is not their fault, you are a human being.
I, personally don't want to hug them, if they need hugs they should have decided to play intramurals

Reaction Score
This.

You have no idea what these players have endured for 28 games. Do you not think they know what we see and say? They see it and say it themselves. Yet they have to try and make it work.

They are human. Nobody should have to endure what they have had to endure. Unless you walk in their shoes.....

Thank you, sportsart. This is 100% my point.

Bashing on Whitmer or any of the players over the last three years is like demanding they recreate the Sistine Chapel using roadkill, burning dumpsters, and a steaming bag of . And then beating them mercilessly when they can't do it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This.

Good lord. You guys are unbelievable.

It's there names and a**es out on the field on Saturdays. If they have so little pride that they can't muster the desire to even put up a fight against a program like Buffalo they don't belong on the roster.

If you are just going to quit on the field just pack up your crap and go.

Reaction Score
If you are a UConn fan and you do not want to hug each player on this team (especially Whitmer) and tell them this (the last 3 years) is not their fault, you are a human being.
While we get your point I think hugging is a little much. I'm hoping you mean to say that this solely on PP, GDL and the entire staff.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
These are very dangerous times. Recruits are watching. We cannot allow this fossil to coach 8 more games. No hugs. Not for no.72 OL for dang sure. He should have hugged his man for a holding penalty instead of letting Whitmer get whacked. Game was lost after that 2 mins in

Reaction Score
Good lord. You guys are unbelievable.

It's there names and a**es out on the field on Saturdays. If they have so little pride that they can't muster the desire to even put up a fight against a program like Buffalo they don't belong on the roster.

If you are just going to quit on the field just pack up your crap and go.

Interesting. If you weren't such a grouchy pessimist, you'd realize this isn't the NFL. And that everything you just said applies more to PP and GDL than to any player on the roster.

Reaction Score
Looks like PP didn't improve recruiting either. He has sucked in all aspects of the game. At a minimum he should resign tonight - at a minimum. Watching Florida v Kentucky. Another Connecticut kid playing for the Gators. Tell me Murphy would be an upgrade over Whitmer since he can run and throw.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Interesting. If you weren't such a grouchy pessimist, you'd realize this isn't the NFL. And that everything you just said applies more to PP and GDL than to any player on the roster.

Dude I have hated P since day 1. I have three years of posts mocking and bashing him.

You are trying to defend players who appeared today to not care enough to even give an effort.

It's not all coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22