The transfer portal opens today | Page 25 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Hausen is a proven shooter who made 61 3PA (38%) in only 17 MIN/G this year. I agree he needs to be more involved in all other areas, but he’s been coached by the worst coach in the conference the last two years. He’s valuable as a shooter already, but has potential to open up his game much more under this staff IMO.

Griffiths shot 28% from 3, turned the ball over 1.6x as often and had a ORtg of 85.1 which is genuinely awful. Hausen is way more ready to play so I don’t consider them the same type of prospect per se.
Griffiths has more long term potential because of his height and athleticism but you just can't be sure it will develop and he may want to be the man. Hausen is totally underutilized because of the deficiencies of his coach. He would fit right in here day one as an easy 40%+ floor spacer and I'm confident there's more to unlock in his game with our staff.

Reaction Score
Hausen's assist rate is certainly a lot lower than Spencer's was throughout his career pre-UConn.

But also despite taking a bunch of 3s (which are assisted at a high rate), Nova had like a D1 average assist rate as a team. Neptune doesn't know how to teach passing.

But either way, I expect us to use him more like Hawkins and less like Spencer. Another big thing is that Hausen may be willing to come off the bench (at UConn at least), which is rare for a transfer. Obviously that's all speculation based on the smoke, but if we want to keep Ball on the team, he's likely to require starter minutes.

Reaction Score
Which is what we thought about Spencer before he got here. Hurley has shown a willingness to use these guys beyond the stand on the line, catch and shoot. I suspect a lot of players have more in their game and don’t get to show it.
If you watched him at Rutgers, he WAS the same type of player he showed out to be for us. I was posting about his bball iq and nadav like qualities in June.

Hausen is Cam Spencer ish. Not as good as a shot creator,or pick and roller but has high bbiq, off ball motion and is lights out kyle korver shooter. Watch the final 3 pointer he hits against seton hall in the video I posted. Tell me he doesn't look like Cam in his using the screen to get cleaner look

Reaction Score
Could be. Mercifully I watched very little Rutgers basketball this season but from what I read their offense was incredibly bad. Couldn't create looks for people, limited ball movement, couldn't break down the defense, etc.
Pikiell is a great defensive coach and a terrible offensive coach, they also had no point guard play which hurt Griffiths. Neptune is just terrible at everything.

Reaction Score
Which is what we thought about Spencer before he got here. Hurley has shown a willingness to use these guys beyond the stand on the line, catch and shoot. I suspect a lot of players have more in their game and don’t get to show it.
Not necessarily. Spencer made Rutgers a decent team when they looked like they would be awful. Spencer has winning in his blood. I'm sure Pikiell conveyed that to Danny. Villanova underachieved.

Reaction Score
Griffiths has more long term potential because of his height and athleticism but you just can't be sure it will develop and he may want to be the man. Hausen is totally underutilized because of the deficiencies of his coach. He would fit right in here day one as an easy 40%+ floor spacer and I'm confident there's more to unlock in his game with our staff.
Yeah I definitely wouldn’t count Griffiths out as a potential stud, I just don’t see UConn or any potential contender being able to promise him a substantial role. I could see him transferring to an A10 school or a program that is struggling, could use some upside, and can afford to give him the runway to become a star.

Hausen's assist rate is certainly a lot lower than Spencer's was throughout his career pre-UConn.

But also despite taking a bunch of 3s (which are assisted at a high rate), Nova had like a D1 average assist rate as a team. Neptune doesn't know how to teach passing.

But either way, I expect us to use him more like Hawkins and less like Spencer. Another big thing is that Hausen may be willing to come off the bench (at UConn at least), which is rare for a transfer. Obviously that's all speculation based on the smoke, but if we want to keep Ball on the team, he's likely to require starter minutes.
Yeah I think it’s more of a Polley role (definitely closer to Hawkins than Spencer) until he proves he can do more. Villanova never had him on ball so he didn’t show much playmaking. I’m not sure how his handles are, but if he can control the ball I would think Hurley would try to flesh out that part of his game. He also never hit the offensive glass and only had a 10% DReb%, which I think would have to change too. He’s a one trick pony right now, but it’s the best trick to have.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think we would be looking for more of a Joey California type role player than a Cam Spencer type that would start and play big minutes.

Hausen would fit in wonderfully here.

Besides everything else already mentioned, he plays with a fire in his belly. He'd take to Hurley's coaching like a duck to water.
Kid is really good, was the only good outside shooter on Villanova and Neptune barely used him. Cam Spencer light with better range. Will help space the court

Reaction Score
Don’t get me excited. Defense might hold it back a little, but Hausen would be an All BE Team caliber player by the time he’s done playing under Hurley’s system. Would instantly become one of the, if not the, most dangerous shooting threat in the BE

Reaction Score
Don’t get me excited. Defense might hold it back a little, but Hausen would be an All BE Team caliber player by the time he’s done playing under Hurley’s system. Would instantly become one of the, if not the, most dangerous shooting threat in the BE
this exactly. I normally don't get into recruiting or portal stuff, but if we could pull Hausen, Liam and a good 5 man, giddyup

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom