The transfer portal opens today | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score

The talented 6-5 guard with huge upside will either transfer or enter the NBA Draft. He hasn't decided yet. That’s his decision.

I fixed it for Garwey. Forget the PC "rivalry" or whatever you want to call it. I genuinely feel bad for Garwey. He had a rough season that didn't go according to plan and I think he is getting bad advice. I say that because the words "NBA Draft" shouldn't be in his head and someone put it in his head and is inflating his head. Maybe Dual is blaming Kim English for his rough season.

I like Kim English a ton and I think he will be good for PC, and I think he genuinely cares for his players. Josh Oduro following him from George Mason to PC and naming English the godfather to his son is an example of this. However, I don't know if he hampered Dual in any way either.

Reaction Score
DePaul just picked up Troy D’Amico, a 6’7 212 SR from Southern Illinois. Originally from Chicago.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 9.02.33 AM.jpg

Haven't watched him, but his stat line screams efficient, creative and skilled combo forward.

Reaction Score
A buddy and frequent lurker on here (what up Jared!) reminded me that Saint Louis' Gibson Jimerson is in the portal.

He isn't as versatile of an offensive piece as Princeton's Matt Allocco, but at 6'5 215 he's a three-point shooter with size: career 39.5% from three and 312 made threes in his career.

I was able to watch him play live last season when Saint Louis visited Iona. He hit like every three in warm ups. I don't think he's a starter for us, but an excellent shooter off the bench.

Reaction Score

Anyone watch Murray play?

Wonder if Merrimack can strike gold with Murray. This season, Sacred Heart's D3 grad transfer Alex Sobel was a fantastic find, averaging 12.3 points, 7.4 boards and 2.8 assists. He should have won the NEC DPOY.

I've watched this kid. He's like Bonzie Colson. Undersized but tremendous feel and game. Athleticism sneaks up on you.

Reaction Score
A guy rumored to be entering the portal I’d love to have a second chance of getting:

Kadary Richmond

Reaction Score
Either it’s my algorithm figuring me out, or there’s a LOT of guys entering the portal today

Probably the biggest name I’ve seen so far:

Ohio State NIL already tweeting about him allegedly. No rules anymore

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ohio State NIL already tweeting about him allegedly. No rules anymore
Started his career at Ohio St. Not sure what the fascination is with him, he isn't that good.

Reaction Score
I'm sure this has been posted, but how stupid is it that the portal is open while the tournament is still going on. It puts teams that are still playing at a disadvantage. I just hope that once Hurley knows who's leaving and who's staying, that there will be some players still undecided that fit UConn's culture and what we need.

With that said, they know they'll need at the 5. I doubt that Clingan returns, but even if he decided to return we could still use another center. And with Cam not granted another year, they could use another deep shooter who can pass, knock down midrange shots, and has the BBIQ to pick up Hurley's motion O. Finding one in the portal who can do all that at a high level won't be easy. I think Stewart, Ball and maybe even Roumaglou have the potential to fill some of that. We all know how valuable it is to add a couple of experienced skilled players to maintain an elite level of play.

I think AK returns, but if he were to move on, we probably could use a versatile 4. Stewart should be able to fill that starting spot. If Roumaglou can add a little muscle, he could get some minutes at the 4. He's got an excellent handle for player his size and is a very good deep shooter.

I think we'll be fine at the 1 if Hass returns. The Freshman Nowell should give us some good minutes and Ball can play the 1 or the 2. Adding a big lead guard like Newton would be nice, but that's hard to find and could push one or more of the potential returning guards to the portal.

Can't hurt adding experienced skilled players at any position that will fit UConn's system. Just hoping there are such players available once the staff is ready to shift their attention to to the portal. Though it's sort of a shell game where bringing in a player could chase an existing player to enter the portal. I'm hoping that won't be the case if Hurley thinks the potential returning players have a good shot at carving out a role.

I have mixed emotions about all this. I like how Hurley has been able to fill a few needs via the portal without having to do wholesale changes like some programs have had to do. And you never know what current players that would have wanted to return are promised big NIL elsewhere and recruited away from UConn.

Reaction Score
Surprised to see Mack enter, you don't usually see the Ivy League guys leave unless its a post grad year

Reaction Score

The 6'5 215 wing from Newark has a career 37 3P% (just 57 attempts) and is easily Oklahoma's best defender on an overall strong defensive team.

UConn didn't offer out of Blair Academy, but Providence, Georgetown, St. John's and DePaul did.

A player like Oweh would be an intriguing two-year starter at the 3 and plays with a similar defensive versatility as Castle.

Reaction Score
Not my cup of tea, but he’s fun to watch (for good and for bad)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom