The Summitt... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Summitt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
What does certification involve????
It's not easy to achieve. Requires a "body of work."

Or being a piece of work. Or having a working body.

I forget. It came naturally. One minute you're going along, just being a , and the next --

Boom! Some guy with bad breath in an orange clown suit walks up and lays your certificate on you.

It's truly humbling.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Never mind them, Louisville, we UConn fans see the irony. If there's any team that's been consistently snakebit by injuries over the last few years, it's the Cardinals. I do admire your restraint, though. I might have been tempted to ask them - between Louisville & Tenn, which has been to a Final Four most recently?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's not easy to achieve. Requires a "body of work."

Or being a piece of work. Or having a working body.

I forget. It came naturally. One minute you're going along, just being a , and the next --

Boom! Some guy with bad breath in an orange clown suit walks up and lays your certificate on you.

It's truly humbling.
clown-costume-1-440x550.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have been poking fun at them (good-natured, in my estimation) off and on for more than 10 years, and I finally get my due. Kind of like a gold watch at the end of a long career.

One might not readily equate crude name-calling with gold, but as with any gift it's best to consider what the giver has to spend -- as well as how well his choice will serve to remind you of him.
You finally have arrived! Arrived in Appalachia. :(

mr006

Reaction Score
"unlike their board, our mods keep things in check."

C'mon mods, get with the program if you wanna get paid like theirs. :p

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"unlike their board, our mods keep things in check."

C'mon mods, get with the program if you wanna get paid like theirs. :p

Yeah, I almost laughed out loud at that comment when I read it. I couldn't believe that they were serious. Who the heck are they kidding? I know one moderator - or assistant moderator - or whatever title she has over there who is the worst - THE WORST for fanning the flames. Maybe they beat down the posters from other teams (maybe?), but they let their kids run absolutely wild over there without any restrictions at all. I think perhaps the only thing that gets deleted is anything having to do with recruitment - cause they do things the "right way"

Reaction Score
Yeah, I almost laughed out loud at that comment when I read it. I couldn't believe that they were serious. Who the heck are they kidding? I know one moderator - or assistant moderator - or whatever title she has over there who is the worst - THE WORST for fanning the flames. Maybe they beat down the posters from other teams (maybe?), but they let their kids run absolutely wild over there without any restrictions at all. I think perhaps the only thing that gets deleted is anything having to do with recruitment - cause they do things the "right way"

Vol posters on The Summitt are really a piece of work, delusional, but still a piece of work!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Vol posters on The Summitt are really a piece of work, delusional, but still a piece of work!

to be fair I wouldn't generalize like that. there are some really nice folks over there. However their humanity can be overshadowed by the others. It is the memory of behavior of the others that one takes away, not the niceness. Sadly

Reaction Score
Haven't been to that site in years and years. I know that not all who post on the checkerboard square are irrational, vitriol spewing minions of the LadyVols(sic). But enough of them are that I have no desire to surround myself in their delusional aggrandizement of their team and themselves as fans.

Reaction Score
The Summitt is filled with delusional trolls. They basically have a 3 page thread trolling Louisville's womens basketball program because they fear they are going to lose Mercedes Russell to us...

They also hate Sherri Coale because she lured Sade Wiley-Gatewood to transfer from TN to OU. Oh wait; except she didnt.
And I'm pretty sure they started the anti-Brenda Frese campaign (why I chuckle when all the BYers fall in line and criticize her as well).

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
to be fair I wouldn't generalize like that. there are some really nice folks over there. However their humanity can be overshadowed by the others. It is the memory of behavior of the others that one takes away, not the niceness. Sadly

Really? Then I must have missed the posts from those "really nice folks" objecting to the non-stop lying, vicious and hateful posts on that board against Geno, Maya, Maya's mom, etc. over the last 6 or 7 years.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Really? Then I must have missed the posts from those "really nice folks" objecting to the non-stop lying, vicious and hateful posts on that board against Geno, Maya, Maya's mom, etc. over the last 6 or 7 years.

at least they didn't participate in those discussions. Look I am not going to go crazy defending my opinion. I know there are nice folks over there, and I know that there are a folks not so nice (understatement). There are some folks over here whose posts I find offensive, but I keep it to myself.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
at least they didn't participate in those discussions. Look I am not going to go crazy defending my opinion. I know there are nice folks over there, and I know that there are a folks not so nice (understatement). There are some folks over here whose posts I find offensive, but I keep it to myself.

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."—Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I still don't know who these nice folks are, but I am curious who you think they are. Feel free to PM me some names.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."—Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." - Rush

Reaction Score
They also hate Sherri Coale because she lured Sade Wiley-Gatewood to transfer from TN to OU. Oh wait; except she didnt.
And I'm pretty sure they started the anti-Brenda Frese campaign (why I chuckle when all the BYers fall in line and criticize her as well).

Why chuckle? Do you know for sure that Frese isn't sketchy? Based on Geno's relationship with Coale, I tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. Plus, she is hot. And, she has never done anything to make me suspect she is anything but honest. The bottom line is that we have very little hard data on what any of these coaches do to lure players. When it comes to stuff like this I just use common sense and the eyeball test. And, frankly, I have often wondered why and how Maryland gets as many great recruits as they get. It is especially suspicious when a team got blue chip recruits or is getting those recruits before the program and coach have anything to sell to recruits that would logically want them to turn down UConn or Tenn or Stanford, etc. to go to their school. In some cases it works for them and they eventually achieve the success that should have been a prerequisite to landing such recruits. The cart came before the horse and now they have the horse to put in front of the cart, so to speak. Maryland, under Frese, does/did not pass my eyeball test. And, honestly, what is happening at UNC right now is really suspect too. UNC has had some success so seeing them land a top recruit is not suspicious. Landing the number they are landing and creating a scholarship logjam is suspicious. On the women's side, not many coaches have failed my personal eyeball test. Frese is one of them and Mulkey is the other. Actually, the entire Baylor athletic department makes me cringe.

On the men's side, the list is long and notorious. Calipari (of course), Scott Drew, Billy Donovan (cart came first), Bill Self, every coach at Ohio State for as long as I have been following college basketball, Steve Lavin and so on.

Reaction Score
....is going to a pay site. Probably good in the long run.

You gotta love the National Enquirer-like tactics of The Summitt by posting a "juicy" headline about a possible new recruit shortly after they flipped the switch to become a fill-fledged pay site. I can just imagine all those orange-clad hillbillies searching frantically thru their drawers for change so they can become a paid member....SUCKERS!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You gotta love the National Enquirer-like tactics of The Summitt by posting a "juicy" headline about a possible new recruit shortly after they flipped the switch to become a fill-fledged pay site. I can just imagine all those orange-clad hillbillies searching frantically thru their drawers for change so they can become a paid member....SUCKERS!

I had deleted that site from my drop down, but I took a peek and noticed the thread you are talking about. Posted by one of the long time idiots and man haters one that site, only a fool would pay to read what she says.

When we had a premium board on the boneyard, the members would post the occasional "juicy" subject line in order to try to get people to join. It never worked.

The next big recruiting news that breaks will be who DOESN'T go to Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom