The Summitt... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Summitt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I remember the arguement between the fanbases on who had better TV coverage between TN and UConn. With Tennessee on so many national stations and various regional stations, they might have been reaching more with the limited audience of CPTV. And they always pointed out that you actually had to pay for the internet broadcasts....!

Now UConn is on more national broadcasts, has many more viewers with the SNY deal and you actually have to PAY for the privledge of reading and posting on their message board.

We know who is the top dog now.

Reaction Score
To answer my own ('sorta) question: Area 51 will still be available - just The Summit is going private for pay.

It'll be interesting to see what affect it has on partcipation (both Summit and Area 51).

That's too bad. I'm a big fan of Area 51 there.

Reaction Score
Terrible thought . . . will those that don't want to pay to post on the new site decide to hang out here more often?

Lock and load, people; lock and load!!!

Reaction Score
Per Josh on "that other site": "...you can still come to this board, just have to be a paying member to read it."
You must be Joshing. I thought that when they said it was becoming a pay site, that they were going to pay us to read it!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Terrible thought . . . will those that don't want to pay to post on the new site decide to hang out here more often?

Nah, those folks are welcome here. They just need to follow the rules like our other valued visitors.

Reaction Score
My question, 'is Pat Summitt still receiving her full salary' ? Only so much money to go around. I believe that they already cut staff !

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My question, 'is Pat Summitt still receiving her full salary' ? Only so much money to go around. I believe that they already cut staff !
Not sure if it is relevant, but her contract was posted when she became HCE. The salary is significantly less than she received previously.

Reaction Score

I thought the same thing, justML! I never visited the Summit, and never intended to...and when they charge, I'll stay away EVEN MORE!

Reaction Score
Maria announces that the Summitt is to become a "premium"site. That, dear friends, is the definition of an oxymoron!

JS

Reaction Score
when they charge, I'll stay away EVEN MORE!
Good deal. Although considering your avatar, they long ago exceeded their quota.

JS

Reaction Score
Maria announces that the Summitt is to become a "premium"site. That, dear friends, is the definition of an oxymoron!
Maybe they're gonna start selling insurance to stupid purchasers.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing, justML! I never visited the Summit, and never intended to...and when they charge, I'll stay away EVEN MORE!
The reason I use to visit the Summitt is the same reason my former boss said he gave me good raises in pay. When he fired me, he wanted it to really hurt.

Reaction Score
The Summitt is filled with delusional trolls. They basically have a 3 page thread trolling Louisville's womens basketball program because they fear they are going to lose Mercedes Russell to us...Which I believe is going to happen. I can't wait to watch their program slowly dissapear and die off without Pat Summitt.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Gee, JS, they are upset with you on The Summit. Thankfully, it will be the last day they can pubically trash you, the posters here, Geno, Diana, and a list of many others.

If you post insults on a board that only a few can read, does it count as an insult?

Well, from one to another, JS, thanks for being a fair and all around great moderator.

Doggydumdum, Doggydoodoo....lol. Wow...they are killing me.

JS

Reaction Score
Gee, JS, they are upset with you on The Summit.
Have been poking fun at them (good-natured, in my estimation) off and on for more than 10 years, and I finally get my due. Kind of like a gold watch at the end of a long career.

One might not readily equate crude name-calling with gold, but as with any gift it's best to consider what the giver has to spend -- as well as how well his choice will serve to remind you of him.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Have been poking fun at them (good-natured, in my estimation) off and on for more than 10 years, and I finally get my due. Kind of like a gold watch at the end of a long career.

One might not readily equate crude name-calling with gold, but as with any gift it's best to consider what the giver has to spend -- as well as how well his choice will serve to remind you of him.

And now, Johnny, what do we have for a party gift?

A bag of crap....

A bag of crap???

Yes, but it's great crap!

And now a word from our sponsor.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Quote on LV late 2012:
"Remember when the Lady Vols had a free message board that you wanted to see from time to time, even if just because it make you chuckle?"

Ouote on LV 2015:
"Remember when the Lady Vols had a relevant basketball team that you wanted to see from time to time and referring to them as a NC contender didn't make you chuckle?"

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
And now, Johnny, what do we have for a party gift?

A bag of crap....

A bag of crap???

Yes, but it's great crap!

And now a word from our sponsor.

It's Orange crap! The best kind!

Reaction Score
I told Mrs. JS I'd been called a "certified " on a message board.

She said, "I thought they didn't know you personally.
What does certification involve????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr