The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Ribbon boards and Temp seating revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stadium looks sweet... But I expect a lot of empty seats on Saturday night

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I"The two ribbon displays will provide the opportunity to showcase sponsors throughout events and provide up-to-the-minute statistics and game information. One of these displays will wrap around the fascia of the seating bowl featuring 20 millimeter line spacing and measuring more than 2 feet high by 210 feet wide. The other display will measure more than 2 feet high by 73 feet wide and feature the same 20 millimeter line spacing."

(Read: Sarcasm) Real fans don't need up to the minute statistics. That is just a distraction to the real fan. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Anyone know the Capacity with the Temporary seating? Can we call that our Capacity from now on??? have to say the Ribbon boards are fine but a little underwhelming. I wasn't sure what to expect but I guess I was expecting a bit more. the temporary seating though looks real nice. Can we keep it???

Reaction Score
Stadium looks sweet... But I expect a lot of empty seats on Saturday night
John Silver posted that only 2,000 seats are left for the Maryland game. I asked if the temp were being used for Maryland he said he was unsure but will check.

Reaction Score
John Silver posted that only 2,000 seats are left for the Maryland game. I asked if the temp were being used for Maryland he said he was unsure but will check.

Great to hear. If that is the case, one would think they must be using the temp seats.

Reaction Score
Also want to say thanks Gilligan. Stuff like this keeps me coming back to the boneyard. Love this place.

Reaction Score
I
think they are. I went online looking for an extra for someone and I could swear one was in the temps.

Reaction Score
I

think they are. I went online looking for an extra for someone and I could swear one was in the temps.

based on the uconn ticket site...If you use the seating map to select a ticket...the TEMP seats are not options. the vast majority of seats remaining are in the usual visitor section and then some in the last couple rows of the chairbacks

Reaction Score
They are an improvement but I'm not impressed with the ribbons. They're almost too this to notice. Maybe for a night game they'll something but that's about it.

Reaction Score
Went to NC State/ UNC game a couple years ago.. @NCState... They have temp-like bleachers in their endzone just like that..

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Do we know how many extra the temp seats hold? I have heard anything from 2k to 5k.

I was wondering the same. Would not be hard at all to make those permanent. Would seem like a cheap and easy first step at increasing capacity (not that it is needed at this point). A 44,000 seat stadium surprisingly sounds a lot better than a 40,000 seat stadium to me. Again though, it is all irrelevant until we can fill more seats on a weekly basis.

ETA: I don't like the looks of "1st and 55 to go" on the scoreboard though. That may be a little much for this offense to handle.;)

Reaction Score

Looking at this picture, The Rent should remove the glass for the 'club seats.' Would make it look like there's more people and wouldn't cut off any fans from the 'atmosphere.' They can still go inside and stay warm and get food and all, but the actual seats should be outside.

Reaction Score
(Read: Sarcasm) Real fans don't need up to the minute statistics. That is just a distraction to the real fan. :rolleyes:

Order of the Day:
No Non-football fun allowed.
Report to your seats.
Eyes front on football field only.
Eyes right to scoreboard during stoppage of play.

Reaction Score
The red liners by the scoreboard are gonna throw a fit. :cool: I expect a sizable police presence for the Mich game by the temp seats. The red line drunks are not gonna be happy if we are getting blown out and those seats are full of loud Mich fans.

I don't care about what the drunks like and don't like. It will be nice not having them standing behind us, blocking our view of the scoreboard. I hope they leave the temp seats up.

Reaction Score
They are an improvement but I'm not impressed with the ribbons. They're almost too this to notice. Maybe for a night game they'll something but that's about it.

They can only be so tall before they start to interfere with the view above and hang to low....I imagine they are the exact same height of the old ad boards that used to ring the lower bowl. Those were fine

I had an expectation that they would at least be the length of the field, if not all the way around. but, hell...its way better than it was

Reaction Score
Pretty impressed by the temporary seating, though I wonder how the back seats are with the scoreboard right there. Ribbon boards look decent, probably stand out more in action. You really need the motion to appreciate them, I suspect.

Reaction Score
Those bleachers in the end zone are so damn long overdue. Got to figure a way to make them stay.

Reaction Score
How the EF do the ribbon boards not wrap the entire stadium, obviously excluding the scoreboard endzone. The state saved 100k by not having to bring in the temporary scoreboard for the Towson game.

Reaction Score
How the EF do the ribbon boards not wrap the entire stadium, obviously excluding the scoreboard endzone. The state saved 100k by not having to bring in the temporary scoreboard for the Towson game.

... and that would mean they need to come up w/ a minimum of another $half a million for more pretty flashing lights.

Non-issue IMO

Reaction Score

Really? How about we win a frigging football game and get people back to the stadium before you start byatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom