The Refs Stole The Game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Refs Stole The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be honest, there really isn't a good excuse for the officials to mess this one up. As a fan watching the game, I knew the rule and I also knew the review would not be allowed if they didn't stop play right away. The excuse of stopping a fastbreak doesn't work, because in this case, it was a made basket, so the Lynx had to take the ball out from under the basket after the made shot.

It was poor officiating at it's finest and it happens all too often. I simply do not agree that it cost the Lynx the game, because there was ample opportunity of 1:12 after that shot to still get the win.

Last, these officials get paid to do a job. At minimum, they could at least learn the basic rules. If myself, as a fan knows this rule, how in the world did they not? It's not a judgement call, like a foul or traveling, it's a simple rule.

You don't believe it cost the lynx the game?

Giving How tight a game that was and under those circumstances the actions by the refs could have cost any team the game.

What one believes is irrelevant. It was a tight game to the end with a miss (by LA), that's a fact.

Another fact is the lynx even scored on the next play, so had the basket been waved Minnesota would have been up 2 points with under 50 or 40 seconds left. That's a fact.

Beliefs and assumptions has no part when explaining circumstances that played out in that game. Show me the Carfaxs.

In addition, who is the pressure on the most now if the basket is waved and the lynx go up 2, giving Minnesota did score? Are we to say they wouldn't have scored when they did?
Can morph & alter time and events now?

And even (if) LA ties it the lynx can still play for the last shot. And they did score again, (Maya). But it didn't cost them the game?

Had this been reversed every team that a former Uconn player beat would have flooded this boneyard with all sorts of slander.

The Duke Blue Ducks - Lady Vols and many more. Saying, "LA was robbed" "Maya nem cheated"

You don't believe it cost them the game. Yet many believe the lynx would have won that game if not for what the refs set in motion.

And some don't care what no one believe.

Them girls played hard. They played their hearts out. They gave it their all. They were on the brink of tying history. And someone took it from them. Someone took it from them. LA took nothing that wasn't given.

I don't care what no one believes regarding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom