The Next Two Weeks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Next Two Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, at least I should take solace in the fact that you are giving UConn credit for something here.

And USF got their "teeth kicked in"? Really? A touchdown with 1 minute remaining to win by 4 is getting your teeth kicked in?? They had a UConn-WMU moment; one I'm sure they want back desperately, as most of us do. It doesn't mean that they are a bad football team. That is still a quality win for Rutgers, especially since it was in Tampa.

It's a good win for Rutgers because it's a conference road win. A UConn/WMU moment? You act like UConn didn't get their asses kicked yesterday. Just like UConn the game wasn't as close as the score.

I guess we have found the fundamental difference in our viewpoints. I do believe that losing games makes a team bad. Especially when said team is a BCS conference team losing to teams from the Mid-America Conference.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's a good win for Rutgers because it's a conference road win. A UConn/WMU moment? You act like UConn didn't get their asses kicked yesterday. Just like UConn the game wasn't as close as the score.

I guess we have found the fundamental difference in our viewpoints. I do believe that losing games makes a team bad. Especially when said team is a BCS conference team losing to teams from the Mid-America Conference.

We certainly do have a profound difference in our viewpoints. We're driving down the field in the 4th quarter down 7 points in their territory, and we "got our asses kicked"?? We turn the ball over on their 2-yard line and they take a fumble to the house in a 14 point swing, along with our missed field goal to lose by 6 points and we "got our asses kicked"??? I just struggle to take you seriously, my friend. You are so locked into hyperbole in most of your statements, and it's over the top for me.

Look, all I can say is that the Associated Press and the Coaches seem to feel the way I do. I'll take that on my side over a thumbs-up from Whaler any day...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Go with my 7-5 number. I see them losing to A&M and LSU. I see them winning Kentucky, Ole Miss, Tulsa, Auburn, and Miss St. The toss up to get them to 7-5 would be South Carolina.

Well Arkansas is a 12 point dog at A&M. They will probably be twice that at USC - so you'll be in a pretty distinct minority calling that a 'toss-up'.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We certainly do have a profound difference in our viewpoints. We're driving down the field in the 4th quarter down 7 points in their territory, and we "got our asses kicked"?? We turn the ball over on their 2-yard line and they take a fumble to the house in a 14 point swing, along with our missed field goal to lose by 6 points and we "got our asses kicked"??? I just struggle to take you seriously, my friend. You are so locked into hyperbole in most of your statements, and it's over the top for me.

Look, all I can say is that the Associated Press and the Coaches seem to feel the way I do. I'll take that on my side over a thumbs-up from Whaler any day...

LOL at the polls. They are idiotic, if you think Rutgers is one of the 25 best teams in the country because this week they are ranked I don't know what to tell you. I have no idea if they are or aren't - but the poll isn't going to determine it. Did you think USF was the second best team in the country when they were ranked #2?

And yes, UConn got their asses kicked on Saturday. Missed field goal? This is frigging college football - it was 51 yards, it was stupid to even attempt - nevermind pretend that 3 points were lost over it. They got lucky the QB got hurt and were able to get back into the game. You act like the fumble returned for a TD was an accident. It was just another byproduct of the coaches and offensive line getting their asses kicked.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well Arkansas is a 12 point dog at A&M. They will probably be twice that at USC - so you'll be in a pretty distinct minority calling that a 'toss-up'.

Well, in a couple of weeks, South Carolina will hit a stretch of #5 Georgia, @ #3 LSU, and @ #11 Florida, and we'll get a chance to see which SC team this really is. If they win even one of those games, I'll change my view to 6-6, how's that?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
LOL at the polls. They are idiotic, if you think Rutgers is one of the 25 best teams in the country because this week they are ranked I don't know what to tell you. I have no idea if they are or aren't - but the poll isn't going to determine it. Did you think USF was the second best team in the country when they were ranked #2?

And yes, UConn got their asses kicked on Saturday. Missed field goal? This is frigging college football - it was 51 yards, it was stupid to even attempt - nevermind pretend that 3 points were lost over it. They got lucky the QB got hurt and were able to get back into the game. You act like the fumble returned for a TD was an accident. It was just another byproduct of the coaches and offensive line getting their asses kicked.

The polls aren't just saying that Rutgers is the 25th best team in the country. They are saying that their body of work merits them being in the top25, which is what I'm saying. That's also why Oregon leapfrogged LSU this week, because they felt the body of work became better after that spanking.

And THAT is what getting one's ass kicked looks like, my friend. Not what you saw yesterday. You kill me. A few posts ago, you said Rutgers will learn more about themselves against UConn than they did against USF and Arkansas, but a few posts later, you continue to say that we got our asses kicked by the MAC. So which one is it? (I'm sure you'll find a way to choose both, but I'm just curious as to how you get there)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I also love the fact that you say we were lucky that their QB got hurt, but they weren't lucky that they took a fumble to the house that could just as easily have been called a forward pass...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The polls aren't just saying that Rutgers is the 25th best team in the country. They are saying that their body of work merits them being in the top25, which is what I'm saying. That's also why Oregon leapfrogged LSU this week, because they felt the body of work became better after that spanking.

And THAT is what getting one's ass kicked looks like, my friend. Not what you saw yesterday. You kill me. A few posts ago, you said Rutgers will learn more about themselves against UConn than they did against USF and Arkansas, but a few posts later, you continue to say that we got our asses kicked by the MAC. So which one is it? (I'm sure you'll find a way to choose both, but I'm just curious as to how you get there)

It's pretty simple.

A. UConn got their asses kicked by WMU
B. UConn is better than they played
C. As mediocre as UConn if they play well they could play better than either USF or Arkansas did against Rutgers
D. Rutgers will learn if they can handle success - they will learn if they can win as a favorite - they will learn if they can focus and beat a team when a 9-0 start is staring them in the face - they will learn if 10-2 or 11-1 is a realistic outcome for their regular season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I also love the fact that you say we were lucky that their QB got hurt, but they weren't lucky that they took a fumble to the house that could just as easily have been called a forward pass...

Yeah that's exactly right. It wasn't a forward pass and it wasn't lucky they were in that position since they had spent the entire day knocking Whitmer around. To Whitmer's credit he hadn't fumbled before that play - he took about 10 huge shots in that game.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's pretty simple.

A. UConn got their asses kicked by WMU
B. UConn is better than they played
C. As mediocre as UConn if they play well they could play better than either USF or Arkansas did against Rutgers
D. Rutgers will learn if they can handle success - they will learn if they can win as a favorite - they will learn if they can focus and beat a team when a 9-0 start is staring them in the face - they will learn if 10-2 or 11-1 is a realistic outcome for their regular season.

Forgive me, but I'm just so confused right now. One minute, you are saying, "I guess we have found the fundamental difference in our viewpoints. I do believe that losing games makes a team bad," and the next minute, you are saying, "UConn is better than they played...if they play well, they could play better than either USF or Arkansas..." This is why I can't take you seriously. You bend everything to fit your viewpoint, and you do it within the span of an hour, almost as if you are suffering from early onset Alzheimers...

Reaction Score
why are we bickering about whether or not Rutgers merits a ranking of 25? The bottom line is we have a chance to beat a top 25 team in the next few weeks, let's be happy about that. We could debate all day whether different ranked teams deserve their ranking, but all that matters is where they're ranked, and if Rutgers is ranked when we play them let's be happy about it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
why are we bickering about whether or not Rutgers merits a ranking of 25? The bottom line is we have a chance to beat a top 25 team in the next few weeks, let's be happy about that. We could debate all day whether different ranked teams deserve their ranking, but all that matters is where they're ranked, and if Rutgers is ranked when we play them let's be happy about it.

Agreed!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who cares whose fault it is? So if a team like Murray State goes undefeated in basketball should they get a #1 seed because "it's not their fault" that their schedule sucks?

Not really sure your point? 4 weeks ago Arkansas was a team people thought was a national title contender. I'll judge Rutgers by what they do and what Arkansas really is - but how were they supposed to know the program was going to melt down overnight? My only point is they get rightfully killed for playing a weak schedule - they tried to upgrade - they can't do anything about what happened to Arkansas.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

The way I see it, UConn might be afforded the opportunity of playing against 3 ranked teams this year, especially if Cincy handles its business against Va Tech (Rutgers, Louisville being the others, of course). How we perform in those three games might change the way we feel about this year's team in a big big way...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No one is bickering about Rutgers being ranked. I don't care what they are ranked or if they are ranked. I don't ever even look at the rankings, they are meaningless. All I pointed out was people are getting hot and bothered over Rutgers and they haven't proved anything yet. I wasn't even saying that anyone here was getting hot and bothered over Rutgers - I have just seen it elsewhere.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here is a nice touch for the Big East. If Rutgers is 9-0 going into Cincinnati - the game will be on regional TV at noon. I don't know if that deserves laughter or tears.
Doesn't Disney have the ability to move games onto ABC (albeit, still regionally) and change the time slot depending on what other games are on the slate? I seem to recall one of our slugfests with USF getting this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Doesn't Disney have the ability to move games onto ABC (albeit, still regionally) and change the time slot depending on what other games are on the slate? I seem to recall one of our slugfests with USF getting this.

Maybe. But that game is scheduled as the Big East network regional broadcast with a noon kickoff according to Rutgers' website. As opposed to most of the games left this season where you find out 12 days prior the network and time.

It's the only game of the week that the Big East owns the TV rights to - so the league probably needs to provide that syndicated game before ESPN/ABC gets any options.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
No one is bickering about Rutgers being ranked. I don't care what they are ranked or if they are ranked. I don't ever even look at the rankings, they are meaningless. All I pointed out was people are getting hot and bothered over Rutgers and they haven't proved anything yet. I wasn't even saying that anyone here was getting hot and bothered over Rutgers - I have just seen it elsewhere.
Some folks are getting hot and bothered about RU, as often happens around here when we're mucking around a stretch of .500 and Rutgers has strung together three or four wins. I think the inverse is true on their boards when the roles are reversed, except instead of them saying "Is UConn passing us???" they tend more to react as "If UConn can beat ____ (ND, USC(e), random big east team) why are we sucking???" and the answer was usually because of a Schiano brainfart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom