The Next Two Weeks | The Boneyard

The Next Two Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Alright, now that I'm off the fourth floor balcony and most Boneyarders have killed each other off, here's what I'm looking forward to over the next two weeks:

1) Taking care of Buffalo - I think that the team will go into that game with a renewed focus and energy, and I expect us to win comfortably in that game. The defense gets back to it's old habits of "you ain't crossing the 50 yard line," and the offense begins to show a lot more life with a more confident QB and a much lower reliance on the wildcat.

2) Going into Piscataway - Now that Rutgers is ranked (and will remain so, due to a bye-week) and are starting to gain some national recognition, this game is one that can win us back a great deal of respect with a "W". 4-0 vs. 3-2 in a rivalry game in their house. Nova as a QB has really impressed me from what I've seen of him, and that scares me, but I think that winning this game will cure a lot that ails us. Getting to 4-2 after a win at Rutgers would be just what the doctor ordered for this team and this fanbase.

Here's to a better next two weeks...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And maybe we can turn the barn into a theater. And put on a show!

Reaction Score
I was looking for a very special year from UConn FB. Losses to State and a MAC team were not consistent with a special year.

I think we have a good team, HCPP just has to kick Deleon in the cubes and then say when the swelling subsides use them.

Reaction Score
Rutgers looks like a real top 25 team, beating them at there place will certainly say something about the team.

Reaction Score
Well I think this team will be playing with a sense of urgency from now on. Losing this game was a total let down, worse than NC State. 2-2 instead of 4-0, we need to focus on the positives and take care of Buffalo, going to Rutgers 3-2 after a dominating performance against Buffalo will be big.

Rutgers wants this game against us BAD, it going to be who wants it more, our whole team, not just our D, better be focused. I want to see intensity on both sides of the ball. If we go 2-0 in the next two games, I'll forget about NC State and W Mich.

Get it done Huskies, that's an order.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can everyone take a deep breath on Rutgers? They have won 3 times on the road which is impressive. It's not really their fault that South Florida and Arkansas are terrible but they have beat no one. The scary part is if they get past UConn they could start 9-0 without breaking a sweat. I saw a Blaudshun post earlier today that predicted they could go undefeated - which seemed like lunacy until you look at their schedule.

Here is a nice touch for the Big East. If Rutgers is 9-0 going into Cincinnati - the game will be on regional TV at noon. I don't know if that deserves laughter or tears.

Reaction Score
Can everyone take a deep breath on Rutgers? They have won 3 times on the road which is impressive. It's not really their fault that South Florida and Arkansas are terrible but they have beat no one. The scary part is if they get past UConn they could start 9-0 without breaking a sweat. I saw a Blaudshun post earlier today that predicted they could go undefeated - which seemed like lunacy until you look at their schedule.

Here is a nice touch for the Big East. If Rutgers is 9-0 going into Cincinnati - the game will be on regional TV at noon. I don't know if that deserves laughter or tears.

The "it's not their fault" argument is one of the worst in all of sports.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Wow. So if we win, Rutgers sucked, and if we lose, we just happened to suck worse. I've seen Rutgers play two games so far (USF, Arkansas), and they look every bit like a top25 team. I'm hoping we break their hearts like we did last year, but this is not going to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. They have a lot of talent on their team, and they are finally starting to play like it...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow. So if we win, Rutgers sucked, and if we lose, we just happened to suck worse. I've seen Rutgers play two games so far (USF, Arkansas), and they look every bit like a top25 team. I'm hoping we break their hearts like we did last year, but this is not going to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. They have a lot of talent on their team, and they are finally starting to play like it...

No. I'm saying people are hyping up Rutgers and they haven't proved anything yet. They have taken care of business but it's been against bad football teams. Usually it's their fault they have played no one, this time they actually scheduled someone but how do you predict one of the biggest disasters in college football history.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The "it's not their fault" argument is one of the worst in all of sports.

Rutgers did a great job getting Arkansas on their schedule. What can they do about the program blowing up?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No. I'm saying people are hyping up Rutgers and they haven't proved anything yet. They have taken care of business but it's been against bad football teams. Usually it's their fault they have played no one, this time they actually scheduled someone but how do you predict one of the biggest disasters in college football history.

I would say that Arkansas was a complete disaster, except for the fact that the one trouncing they took was to the number 1 team in the country, and the other loss besides Rutgers was to UL-Monroe. Under normal circumstances, that's a laughable loss, but for the fact that UL-Monroe took Baylor down to the wire and lost to Auburn in OT. This is clearly a team playing very good football right now, and the Sunbelt should be proud of them.

Which brings me to USF. USF caught a lucky break in winning at Nevada, which isn't all that impressive, except for the fact that I watched that team (part of the game, anyways) put up 69 points against Hawaii and win by 45. USF was also battling with Rutgers until late in the ballgame, when BJ Daniels became....well, BJ Daniels. I think their recent loss to Ball State was a hangover from dropping that conference game.

So in short, Rutgers beat two teams with a fair amount of talent and it should be recognized as two quality wins. It's clear that both the AP and the Coaches poll are recognizing it as that, and so should we all. There's a reason why they are the ranked team and not Cincinnati (although they'll get their chance against Va Tech this week).

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
They did schedule a preseason Top Ten team on the road last minute OOC.

Agreed. And in my opinion, the idea of the Arkansas road win not being a quality win is preposterous. I know people are looking at a team with a 1-3 record and laughing, but that is a good football team with good football players. It would not shock me to see that team at 8-4 or 7-5 when it's all said and done...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would say that Arkansas was a complete disaster, except for the fact that the one trouncing they took was to the number 1 team in the country, and the other loss besides Rutgers was to UL-Monroe. Under normal circumstances, that's a laughable loss, but for the fact that UL-Monroe took Baylor down to the wire and lost to Auburn in OT. This is clearly a team playing very good football right now, and the Sunbelt should be proud of them.

Which brings me to USF. USF caught a lucky break in winning at Nevada, which isn't all that impressive, except for the fact that I watched that team (part of the game, anyways) put up 69 points against Hawaii and win by 45. USF was also battling with Rutgers until late in the ballgame, when BJ Daniels became....well, BJ Daniels. I think their recent loss to Ball State was a hangover from dropping that conference game.

So in short, Rutgers beat two teams with a fair amount of talent and it should be recognized as two quality wins. It's clear that both the AP and the Coaches poll are recognizing it as that, and so should we all. There's a reason why they are the ranked team and not Cincinnati (although they'll get their chance against Va Tech this week).

Arkansas is a program that is completely on fire. Burning to the ground. This is patently evident to anyone who owns a television or has internet access. Good for Rutgers beating them, you can't do anything but play the games on your schedule. They have done more than Cincinnati.

They are getting noticed in the polls because that is what happens when BCS conference teams don't have losses in a year when there is profound mediocrity in the ACC and Big 10. The teams they have beaten are not good. Good teams don't get their teeth kicked in by Ball State.

They might be good. UConn will actually be a test where people will learn more about where Rutgers is.

Reaction Score

Whaler, I agree with you on Rutgers, they are a product of their schedule, they struggled against Tulane and beat Howard, but they are a ranked team now, so they should get the credit they deserve, they beat Arkansas at home, kudos to them, but they are not the best team in the BE, by far.

We need to win our next two.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed. And in my opinion, the idea of the Arkansas road win not being a quality win is preposterous. I know people are looking at a team with a 1-3 record and laughing, but that is a good football team with good football players. It would not shock me to see that team at 8-4 or 7-5 when it's all said and done...

Based on your definitions you wouldn't be shocked if UMass finished 8-4.

Reaction Score
Rutgers did a great job getting Arkansas on their schedule. What can they do about the program blowing up?

Who cares whose fault it is? So if a team like Murray State goes undefeated in basketball should they get a #1 seed because "it's not their fault" that their schedule sucks?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Arkansas is a program that is completely on fire. Burning to the ground. This is patently evident to anyone who owns a television or has internet access. Good for Rutgers beating them, you can't do anything but play the games on your schedule. They have done more than Cincinnati.

They are getting noticed in the polls because that is what happens when BCS conference teams don't have losses in a year when there is profound mediocrity in the ACC and Big 10. The teams they have beaten are not good. Good teams don't get their teeth kicked in by Ball State.

They might be good. UConn will actually be a test where people will learn more about where Rutgers is.

Well, at least I should take solace in the fact that you are giving UConn credit for something here.

And USF got their "teeth kicked in"? Really? A touchdown with 1 minute remaining to win by 4 is getting your teeth kicked in?? They had a UConn-WMU moment; one I'm sure they want back desperately, as most of us do. It doesn't mean that they are a bad football team. That is still a quality win for Rutgers, especially since it was in Tampa.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Based on your definitions you wouldn't be shocked if UMass finished 8-4.

Give it a rest, dude. I would be shocked if UMass could finish 1-11, okay? Let's get real...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For Arkansas to finish 8-4 they need to win 7 of 8. Here are their 8 games:

@ Texas A&M
@ Auburn
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Tulsa
@ South Carolina
@ Mississippi State
LSU

That wouldn't be shocking? There is a better chance they lose 7 of 8 than win 7 of 8.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
For Arkansas to finish 8-4 they need to win 7 of 8. Here are their 8 games:

@ Texas A&M
@ Auburn
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Tulsa
@ South Carolina
@ Mississippi State
LSU

That wouldn't be shocking? There is a better chance they lose 7 of 8 than win 7 of 8.

Go with my 7-5 number. I see them losing to A&M and LSU. I see them winning Kentucky, Ole Miss, Tulsa, Auburn, and Miss St. The toss up to get them to 7-5 would be South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom