• Other

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • It doesn't matter, Geno will change it up every game

Votes: 22 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you been coached by Geno, like I have, you move your feet all the time and you don't wait until your 4th foul to make adjustments.

Coco---Geno has spoken often the need to move your feet--keep your position such that you see the opposing player and the ball--
As for you having been coached by Geno----I have no doubts---however some mystery -- is essential--

Reaction Score
No, I have told this story on BY several times. I was coached by Geno in HS JV basketball 1979.
O' phooey---another mystery disclosed---. next thing you know--Father Brown will be DE-frocked..
Is it true--as reported in the press, awhile back, that all the Teenies fell for Geno's Italian good looks and smooth manner (except when coaching)??????

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes!!! thanks for correcting my gaff. ;)
You probably need to take a break. First Nurse and now this. What shape will you be in if Walker commits to ND?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You probably need to take a break. First Nurse and now this. What shape will you be in if Walker commits to ND?

Mentally, I've already made provisions if that happens, I'll turn my attention towards other coveted players like I did when we didn't get Cox, Durr, Ogunbowale, Wilson, Boley, Turner, and the like. You turn the page and move on. MW will go where she is supposed to be.........where ever that is. I believe in fate. I believe what Geno tells potential recruits: "We're going to win with or without you". He has, he does and he will. You can't beat that!! THAT's why I won't stress. ;)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I did on page 3.
Whats all this talk about gabby fouling too much? I don't recall her fouling out of any game last year.
It doesn't matter who is guarding the post, because uconn makes it tough for the other team to pass it inside.

A good example of an "internet legend." Somebody posts it and others seize on it so it takes a life of its own.

Last season UConn went undefeated, won (another) NC, averaged only 11+ team fouls per game, and nobody ever fouled out.

Stats (like PF per minute) may be unreliable for Gabby because she was consistently matched up against taller opponents and always scrapping for rebounds.

Case in point. I just watched the 2016 NCAA semi-final game vs, Oregon State. When Geno took Stewie out (2 1st half fouls), he sent 5'11" Gabby (not Nat or Pheesa) to take her place.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A good example of an "internet legend." Somebody posts it and others seize on it so it takes a life of its own.

Last season UConn went undefeated, won (another) NC, averaged only 11+ team fouls per game, and nobody ever fouled out.
Stats (like PF per minute) may be unreliable for Gabby because she was consistently matched up against taller opponents and always scrapping for rebounds.
Case in point. I just watched the 2016 NCAA semi-final game vs, Oregon State. When Geno took Stewie out (2 1st half fouls), he sent 5'11" Gabby (not Nat or Pheesa) to take her place.
Kib that is accurate but as misleading as the legend you are trying to debunk. Stewie picked up her 2 foul at the 7:56 mark of the first quarter. She continued to play with 2 fouls until 1:26 mark of the first quarter. In those 6.5 minutes Stewie tangled with OSU center 3 times at the rim and could have easily pickup a third foul. Gabby came in to the game at the 1:26 mark but this is Gabby's normal rotation not because Stewie was in foul trouble. When Gabby came into the game her defensive assignment was to guard Katie Williams a wing player. So except for two switches Gabby did not spend much time defending in the post & Stewie was back in the game to start the second quarter.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kib that is accurate but as misleading as the legend you are trying to debunk. Stewie picked up her 2 foul at the 7:56 mark of the first quarter. She continued to play with 2 fouls until 1:26 mark of the first quarter. In those 6.5 minutes Stewie tangled with OSU center 3 times at the rim and could have easily pickup a third foul. Gabby came in to the game at the 1:26 mark but this is Gabby's normal rotation not because Stewie was in foul trouble. When Gabby came into the game her defensive assignment was to guard Katie Williams a wing player. So except for two switches Gabby did not spend much time defending in the post & Stewie was back in the game to start the second quarter.

You are correct, of course. The only point I made (and obviously not very well) was that when Stewie did come out, it was 5'11" Gabby who replaced her, not a seemingly more logical sub, like 6'5" Natalie. I concede the point that this was a minuscule sample but, still, Gabby did not magically grow by several inches the instant she left the scorer's table to enter the fray.

Reaction Score

BUT ... also keep in mind that Stewie'player to guard (before switches of course) was Hamblin and when Stewie picked up her second foul, she and Tuck took Hamblin for the rest of the half. And Oregon State had its own foul problems so Gabby's challenge defensively wasn't the big big, or even the big.

Reaction Score
The 16-17 will have a character all its own. Will it be a four guard or maybe even a five guard offense? Will Phee or Gabby play post or wing? or a combination of both? Will Gabby extend her range? Will Phee improve her strength? Phe and Gabby were strong on the offensive boards, and on the weak side of defensive boards? Will coach go with a fast offense, or a strong post?

We won't really know what he settles on until the end of December.....

and then I think Coach will settle on Kia, Gabby, Lou, Crystal, Kyla with Phee first off the bench.

to be clear ..... first game of the year it will Kia, Gabby,Phee and Lou . the fifth starter will change several times into the end of December and then Coach will settle with a fast four guard team and the 6 2 post: Kia, Crystal, Gaby, Lou and Kyla

I'm starting to feel pretty good about my prediction......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm starting to feel pretty good about my prediction.

April, 20 2016.

The 16-17 will have a character all its own. Will it be a four guard or maybe even a five guard offense? Will Phee or Gabby play post or wing? or a combination of both? Will Gabby extend her range? Will Phee improve her strength? Phe and Gabby were strong on the offensive boards, and on the weak side of defensive boards? Will coach go with a fast offense, or a strong post?

We won't really know what he settles on until the end of December.....

and then I think Coach will settle on Kia, Gabby, Lou, Crystal, Kyla with Phee first off the bench.

Seven months later and you are still struggling with this?
In 10 days UCONN will play the FIRST GAME of the season.
Who will be the Starting 5 for UCONN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr