The KML "Brush-Off" Three will be.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The KML "Brush-Off" Three will be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes it should be in the UCONN play Hall Of Fame!

Other candidates (Or obvoius choices)

The famous Jen Rizzotti drive in the 95 NC game.
Sue Bird's shot to beat ND at buzzer in BE Champ game
Taurasi's shot OVER the backboard
Meghan Gardler fixes her hair then drains a 3
Swin shooting at the wrong basket

I'm sure there are many others

Swin's basket shall always be No. 1 shot of all time! I mean how often it happens? Ever?
I would also add Taurasi's buzz beater-half court 3-pointer at half time and then another buzz beater at the second half of the same game to beat Tenn.

Reaction Score
KML will forever be missed. Love everything she does on the basketball court. There will never be another like it comes around..........

Reaction Score
To me, it was a down-the-middle, over-the-defense, slam dunk. It transcends women's basketball. You can see it in the, "Oh My" expressions in the crowd. I could just hear Stuart Scott: "Cool as the other side the pillow."

Reaction Score

We can't leave out Stewie's full court run-down monster block last year against Rutgers!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

As much as I liked the KML play in this game it would be behind that Mo Jeff move where she totally faked her player and drove to the basket uncontested.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Add Geno's shuffling his feet, face guard, and chest bumping of Faris as the ultimate sign of respect after Faris single handedly tore Duke Apart-Offensive and Defensively. 48:41 mark of this video.

Another Classic!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Stewie's block where she chased the Rutgers' player 3.4 of the court and denied the breakaway layup.
Classic-right in front of us at Mohegan Sun! That was something!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was thinking of that play as well, but not sure you put in the "wow" category like many of DT's plays. Maya had those cobra like reflexes to knock a ball loose from behind. ESPN back in the day had a Science Behind Maya Moore segment where they calculated how fast her hands were to poke those balls away from the opposing offensive player.
That play plus the time UConn played a game in Bridgeport, want to say it was vs Kansas State, a kid stole the ball and took off alone up the court. Maya ran about 75 feet up the court for a clean block on what looked like an uncontested layup.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
As much as I liked the KML play in this game it would be behind that Mo Jeff move where she totally faked her player and drove to the basket uncontested.
I was just thinking of a forever KML memory- Mo Jef certainly had her highlights! :)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Htfd Ct- Big East Championship vs Rutgers I think! Renee Montgomery has early foul trouble. Freshman? Lorin Dixon plays much of first half and a lot of 2nd half and does a great job! Leaves court to allow Renee back in in 2nd half and flies at Geno and leaps up into his arms! That was fun!!!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Geno, this is what I posted in another Thread yesterday.

I was going to start a new thread "Favorite parts of last's night game" For me it was KML so casually shedding Tiffinay Mitchell on her backside looking at Mitchell and draining a 3. Priceless, Iconic! Equal to DT popping the UCONN on her shirt against Tenn.
Sorry- I must have missed that! U hit it perfect! I had a world class male Siberian Husky for 15 yrs. love the copper! Your dog I assume?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Will's dive for the ball against Tennessee. Without that, Annie's behind the back, step back, drive and DT's ridiculous tying three don't happen.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
That play plus the time UConn played a game in Bridgeport, want to say it was vs Kansas State, a kid stole the ball and took off alone up the court. Maya ran about 75 feet up the court for a clean block on what looked like an uncontested layup.
Nan- I was at that game. I was right at the point where Maya was on a full tilt for an offensive break beyond mid court when the ball changed hands and the girl trying to catch Maya intercepts a bad pass and had a head start on Maya that was not even close. We were up by 25-30 on Texas- almost sure it was Gail G at Texas- 2nd game that night. The look on Maya's face when she stopped on a dime and bolted in a direct line for the opposing teams basket. She went high and far thru the air and swatted that ball10 rows or more up into the stands. One of the greatest plays ever! I think she was a freshman- maybe sophomore. She was healthy and an absolute gazelle. One of my all time fav's! :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Forever etched in my memory! And I would think it would be a staple on future highlight reels forever!!! Am I wrong???
Geno-Ista , nope you not wrong. Especially when it came in the BIGGEST game of the year in wcbb.

Reaction Score
How about Taurasi's no look backwards touch pass? Or her 3/4 court bomb against Tennessee? I'm trying to think of some plays for Maya...maybe her tip in vs. Baylor in her senior season?

How about the number of times D would drain the 3 right by the opposing coach standing in the coaches box.
Had to be intentional. It happened too many times

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry- I must have missed that! U hit it perfect! I had a world class male Siberian Husky for 15 yrs. love the copper! Your dog I assume?
Not my dog. Just a picture I grabbed off the internet. Maybe someday I will acquire it.

Reaction Score
Diana's **** *** three against Tennessee belongs on the list.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Also, Ann Strother had a spectacular baseline spin move against Tennessee, her freshman year I believe.
Are you thinking of Ann's double crossover behind the back? It wasn't a spin move but it was even better.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more....that may be the most athletic play I've ever seen in WCBB....have watched it about 5 times and its freakish in athleticism and basketball IQ

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more....that may be the most athletic play I've ever seen in WCBB....have watched it about 5 times and its freakish in athleticism and basketball IQ
Most guards can't do this. Extremely rare in women's bb and not common in men's bb. Certainly not frequently done as well in men's bb imo. I was surprised that ESPN didn't replay it in their montage of Mo Jeff's great plays.

Wish someone would show that play in this forum. I've saved that game and plan on watching it again but that play will forever be etched in my mind.

Loved KML's play people are discussing. But shrugging off players is far more common, particularly in the men's game. Her 3 point accuracy is another thing. What a marksman she is.

The starting five is as well balanced and skilled a team as I've seen in bb both on offense and on defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah's plays were better than many of Sports Center's Top 10.

One of my favorite plays came in the 2010 NC game vs. Stanford. Nneka (or was it Jayne?) went in for a layup. Tina blocked it and controlled it. She whipped an outlet pass to Maya who was closely guarded by Jeanette Pohlen. Maya drove to the basket with Pohlen draped all over her. Then, in an instant, Maya went airborne with her arm extended for her patented scoop shot. The layup was good, the foul was called, and Maya made the free throw. Zero points for Stanford; three points for UConn. It was a great play under pressure by the two best players in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom