The KML "Brush-Off" Three will be.... | The Boneyard

The KML "Brush-Off" Three will be....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I loved that play. We rewound it several times, and the defender did not have her hand on the ball. She was grabbing KML's arm. When we saw the play the first time live action, we thought maybe KML committed a foul. But upon further review, nothing wrong with shaking a kid who has grabbed your arm off of you.

Reaction Score
I like how she often does that little jump to ensure she's behind the 3 point line before shooting. When was the last time she had her foot on the line? As I was reminded by a post on the SC board during the game, "no team will ever have any one like her again." True or not, we need to really appreciate these last weeks of watching another UConn legend's storied career come to a close.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Eric- also- Tiffany was off balance to begin with in close qtrs, and KML came over with her front leg/thigh with a legal b ball move that also started pushing her, as she was off balance. She has a lot of highlight shots rebounds passes and screens- but that's going to be it for me. She is the consummate b ball player. Her iq is off the charts- Kelly Farris-like!!!! :)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Forever etched in my memory! And I would think it would be a staple on future highlight reels forever!!! Am I wrong???

Yes it should be in the UCONN play Hall Of Fame!

Other candidates (Or obvoius choices)

The famous Jen Rizzotti drive in the 95 NC game.
Sue Bird's shot to beat ND at buzzer in BE Champ game
Taurasi's shot OVER the backboard
Meghan Gardler fixes her hair then drains a 3
Swin shooting at the wrong basket

I'm sure there are many others

Reaction Score

I like D's half court bucket, and Geno's look..... what...it's suppose to go in...:)

Last edited:

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
How was that NOT a foul??? (on the SC player, not on KML...who as we know, NEVER fouls)

Reaction Score
I like how she often does that little jump to ensure she's behind the 3 point line before shooting. When was the last time she had her foot on the line? As I was reminded by a post on the SC board during the game, "no team will ever have any one like her again." True or not, we need to really appreciate these last weeks of watching another UConn legend's storied career come to a close.
True.
As I've said many times here: the most beautiful shot in any sport.

Reaction Score

How about Taurasi's no look backwards touch pass? Or her 3/4 court bomb against Tennessee? I'm trying to think of some plays for Maya...maybe her tip in vs. Baylor in her senior season?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Hoops-No one could say it any better! We will be great next year- but she is unique. Rarely made a shot that didn't look like it would be all net! Love u noting that little both ft jump/hop back- she's done it forever. I'm sure it's engrained like her shooting stroke!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
How about Taurasi's no look backwards touch pass? Or her 3/4 court bomb against Tennessee? I'm trying to think of some plays for Maya...maybe her tip in vs. Baylor in her senior season?
Regarding Maya: The steal against DePaul in the final seconds of the game in her freshman year, with UConn down by 1 point. As soon as she had the ball, she called timeout, and that was followed by Ketia Swanier's coast-to-coast driving layup to win the game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The SC fans were, of course, incensed about that play, and also about the play at the end of the first half. One of them posted; "Lowered shoulder or not, no UConn player would ever be called for a charge on that play." However, I was just watching the Memphis game, and with about 6 to go in the first half, MoJet DOES indeed get called for a charge on almost an identical play. Most bball fans are mostly convinced that the stripes have it in for their team.

Reaction Score
Regarding Maya: The steal against DePaul in the final seconds of the game in her freshman year, with UConn down by 1 point. As soon as she had the ball, she called timeout, and that was followed by Ketia Swanier's coast-to-coast driving layup to win the game.
I was thinking of that play as well, but not sure you put in the "wow" category like many of DT's plays. Maya had those cobra like reflexes to knock a ball loose from behind. ESPN back in the day had a Science Behind Maya Moore segment where they calculated how fast her hands were to poke those balls away from the opposing offensive player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Forever etched in my memory! And I would think it would be a staple on future highlight reels forever!!! Am I wrong???

Geno, this is what I posted in another Thread yesterday.

I was going to start a new thread "Favorite parts of last's night game" For me it was KML so casually shedding Tiffinay Mitchell on her backside looking at Mitchell and draining a 3. Priceless, Iconic! Equal to DT popping the UCONN on her shirt against Tenn.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Maya with the overhead bounce pass to a streaking Kelly Faris on the fast break, while turning in midair and falling backwards

Maya with the swooping up-and-under layin to break the all-time UCONN scoring record

Maya and Tiffany 'meeting' at midcourt , going after a loose ball, and Tiffany losing the battle, knocked cold while Maya stands there looking puzzled...:)

Maya going over part of the press and/or scorer's table during play, then dusting it off with her hand before returning to the court

Dozens more, waiting to be remembered if I spend a while and 'cheat' by watching her old games!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Add Geno's shuffling his feet, face guard, and chest bumping of Faris as the ultimate sign of respect after Faris single handedly tore Duke Apart-Offensive and Defensively. 48:41 mark of this video.

Reaction Score
Ok so I came on here and hammered on her in the early part of the season. Well deserved but politically incorrect I guess.

Now I would like to say she was really good the other night on both ends. While she couldn't guard their best player out of the gate (not sure why she would have been matched to her anyway) the rest of her game was nearly flawless. She made shots which is never unusual, she defended really well on other match ups, she anticipated some passes and damn the girl can use that body to post up when at the advantage. What was very noticeable the other night was how much of an IQ she has, very high for the game. I don't watch a lot from beginning to end for obvious reasons but she stood out in this one.

Crow tastes real good sometime. Congrats to her, you fans and the whole team. They were really good the other night.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok so I came on here and hammered on her in the early part of the season. Well deserved but politically incorrect I guess.

Now I would like to say she was really good the other night on both ends. While she couldn't guard their best player out of the gate (not sure why she would have been matched to her anyway) the rest of her game was nearly flawless. She made shots which is never unusual, she defended really well on other match ups, she anticipated some passes and damn the girl can use that body to post up when at the advantage. What was very noticeable the other night was how much of an IQ she has, very high for the game. I don't watch a lot from beginning to end for obvious reasons but she stood out in this one.

Crow tastes real good sometime. Congrats to her, you fans and the whole team. They were really good the other night.

Mau, very big of you. KML is leading UCONN in minutes played. UCONN is largely regarded as the best conditioned team in the country. Your previous thoughts about KML's conditioning could not possibly be reconciled with these two facts.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kaleena also never touched the kid with her elbow. She didn't swing it at the defender, she was just shaking her arm free.

UConn - USC highlights

There are Gamecock fans who need this explained to them. Do you have that slowmo vid of the play you shared the other day? I can't find it right now.

Reaction Score
I like D's half court bucket, and Geno's look..... what...it's suppose to go in...:)
Also, Ann Strother had a spectacular baseline spin move against Tennessee, her freshman year I believe.

Reaction Score
Eric- also- Tiffany was off balance to begin with in close qtrs, and KML came over with her front leg/thigh with a legal b ball move that also started pushing her, as she was off balance. She has a lot of highlight shots rebounds passes and screens- but that's going to be it for me. She is the consummate b ball player. Her iq is off the charts- Kelly Farris-like!!!! :)
Geno-ista, great comments. I just love her, but you don't think this play had anything to do with her being so slow and out of shape as we've all been reading in other threads??? ;)

Reaction Score

Stewie's block where she chased the Rutgers' player 3.4 of the court and denied the breakaway layup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom