The fickleness of our fanbase | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The fickleness of our fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
all these ppl who dont show up, i bet 90% of them watch on tv so they are still supporting, just less $$ wise which the school will see the trend. please stop with the front runner bs. u can't tell other ppl how to spend there money. they dont like the rpoduct so they wont pay for it. simple. they aren't front running, they are picking what to spend $ on. front running is a yankee fan who goes to 2 summer games a year and come september starts talking about baseball. then until the next summer when the yanks and mets play he doesn't say a word about baseball.

I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money - if you don't want to go the don't go. But if you stop supporting the team because they aren't winning that is a front-runner.

Reaction Score
that seemed to work fine for cuse, pitt and bc? wern't u one of the guys that wanted to go to the acc? well then we are setting ourselves up to look real pretty vs pitt. the acc will see a empty stadium and ****ty fball and say, we ned to add them also like ****ing now.

The ACC move with adding Pitt and Cuse looking quite smart right now. Their b-ball and football teams poised to enter ACC as very competitive. ND likely to have regained its national power stride in football and will sell many tickets across the ACC conference stadiums. Years down the round, if ND considers giving up the NBC money to join ACC full time, it is doubtful Uconn will get the call to even out the list with its state of football and basketball right now, look for Louisville or Cincy to fill that role if the ACC were to go Big East again.

If coach Kelly keeps the Irish on this pace, look for NBC to lay out a really $weet contract for the Irish and the ACC stays at 12.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money - if you don't want to go the don't go. But if you stop supporting the team because they aren't winning that is a front-runner.

so bc fans the past 2 years were front runners? they didn't go to games, they didn't donate $, they created wensites and were all over the media. but they were front runners?

or they are diehard fans who saw the issue and were willing to make sure it gets fixed. they saw that hurting the school short term for a long term gain was better then letting the school go down to its death over several years more of bs. i guess bc fans are front runners. your right, they aren't fans. fans dont care so bad that they bitch n moan and create websites and threaten office interns over money and so on becuase of on field product.

stop with the front runner Stop. get off your horse and enjoy uconn. to which degree u enjoy is right now is up to u.

as for recruits, i will ontinue to be friendly with them but they actually all know my stance with this staff. otherwise if i wasnt open about it they wouldn't be able to read my twitter without decommiting from this program. im 10 steps ahead of u in many ways u dont know. mind your own business.

warde has swoung and missed once and fouled the ball down the 1st base line on another thing i would like to see more of/change imho. so he has a 0-2 count in my head right now. this coaching staff will make or break his at bat. if he wanted to be so out spoken about a bad move he made(bball contract) then how come hes being so quiet fball wise. hes either got big balls and needs to show them soon or he is a 6'5 that southtampabill could up. we will see soon enough.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The ACC move with adding Pitt and Cuse looking quite smart right now. Their b-ball and football teams poised to enter ACC as very competitive. ND likely to have regained its national power stride in football and will sell many tickets across the ACC conference stadiums. Years down the round, if ND considers giving up the NBC money to join ACC full time, it is doubtful Uconn will get the call to even out the list with its state of football and basketball right now, look for Louisville or Cincy to fill that role if the ACC were to go Big East again.

If coach Kelly keeps the Irish on this pace, look for NBC to lay out a really $weet contract for the Irish and the ACC stays at 12.

hugh?

14 first off. anyway cuse and pitt are not on any rise right now. pitt is a mess. they are turning into usf jr. they show up for big games and dont for others. hows many staffs in how many years? ever see the attendance issue in pitt on saturdays? there cousin left for a better league and the bball team no matter how many games it wins in Feb can't win in March. Cuse has issues bball wise but is a quality program none the less. fball wise they are trying to climg back up the cliff yet half the fans up there want the current coach gone and to try to rebuild again. yea that sounds like its going the right direction. they play in a old dome, and up until recently havn't invested in the program in years. they are a private schools who is losing ny slowly. its so bad that they had to put a sign in yankee stadium to try to show relevance again. yea the acc is a real winner with these 2. they fit right in with miami/wake/duke/bc.

nd seems to be bck fball wise. to bad the acc didn't get the fball team. i wonder why nd didnt join in fball? i mean its not like the acc can't hold its own in fball or something right? and no dont try to inform me about the 2015 contract etc. i know about it slick...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
so bc fans the past 2 years were front runners? they didn't go to games, they didn't donate $, they created wensites and were all over the media. but they were front runners?

or they are diehard fans who saw the issue and were willing to make sure it gets fixed. they saw that hurting the school short term for a long term gain was better then letting the school go down to its death over several years more of bs. i guess bc fans are front runners. your right, they aren't fans. fans dont care so bad that they bitch n moan and create websites and threaten office interns over money and so on becuase of on field product.

stop with the front runner bull****. get off your horse and enjoy uconn. to which degree u enjoy is right now is up to u.

as for recruits, i will ontinue to be friendly with them but they actually all know my stance with this staff. otherwise if i wasnt open about it they wouldn't be able to read my twitter without decommiting from this program. im 10 steps ahead of u in many ways u dont know. mind your own business.

warde has swoung and missed once and fouled the ball down the 1st base line on another thing i would like to see more of/change imho. so he has a 0-2 count in my head right now. this coaching staff will make or break his at bat. if he wanted to be so out spoken about a bad move he made(bball contract) then how come hes being so quiet fball wise. hes either got big balls and needs to show them soon or he is a 6'5 that southtampabill could **** up. we will see soon enough.

Buddy, you can't make yourself out to be Superfan and then stop supporting the team when they go in the tank and then take offense to being called a front-runner or fair weather fan.

You want to call for the blood of the coaching staff? I started that a long time before you did. While you babbling on and on about uptick, I was pointing out these people are not qualified to run a BCS program in 2011 and forward.

10 steps ahead of me. You truly are delusional. If your ten steps are anything like the nonsense you post here I think I'll rest easy.

Reaction Score
that seemed to work fine for cuse, pitt and bc? wern't u one of the guys that wanted to go to the acc? well then we are setting ourselves up to look real pretty vs pitt. the acc will see a empty stadium and ****ty fball and say, we ned to add them also like ****ing now.

no im not a front runner. didn't u read what i wrote? i was a fan back in 05/06. i watched games even when the team was bad. but back then u could see where this was going, now u can't. i thank the sr's for everything they have done, but some years just dont pan out on the field. what can i do to change that? well if i buy the shirt i usually buy, go to every game still and get the same amount of fries and dirnks and watch tv this and that then the schools thinks everything is fine becuase they are taking dumps on the field and still have my attention and $. you have to show them that something is wrong. a lot of fans are starting to do so. be happy about it and let them do what they want. its there time and money not yours. if they care enough to tell u here about there decision about the program, then when we get a new coach they will be back. u do hat u want with your money and time and so will i. the school will notice the trends.

If you really think that the school would take 0-12 if they made money you are silly. They want the athletics to be a draw to the university. Clearly the trajectory of the school is much different than it would have been without the BB programs' success. They want to continue it. If you think otherwise you are just pouting.

(much like I did when I was a 10 year old and used to scream at the TV every Sunday watching the Packers - "Do they WANT to lose? They aren't even trying!!!!" when clearly that wasn't the case - sometimes you are just bad, and it takes time to fix - when you make a bad decision in football it isn't something you can fix in 10 minutes)

Reaction Score
Might be time for a different term than apologists. Seems silly to have to apologize for the success that Edsall had once you compare it to the next guy

I'm sure someone will do better but it could start with something like - oh wait, and end with something like - they were rightists.

The girlfriend you have is always better than the girlfriend who left you. The first, most important quality in any girlfriend is:

1. Is your girlfriend.

Edsall fails the first and only test.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The girlfriend you have is always better than the girlfriend who left you. The first, most important quality in any girlfriend is:

1. Is your girlfriend.

Edsall fails the first and only test.

The quality of play on the field is starting to manifest itself in the posting on the board. This post is sort of like bringing in the Wildcat after a 30 yard pass. All you can do is scratch your head.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Buddy, you can't make yourself out to be Superfan and then stop supporting the team when they go in the tank and then take offense to being called a front-runner or fair weather fan.

You want to call for the blood of the coaching staff? I started that a long time before you did. While you babbling on and on about uptick, I was pointing out these people are not qualified to run a BCS program in 2011 and forward.

10 steps ahead of me. You truly are delusional. If your ten steps are anything like the nonsense you post here I think I'll rest easy.

did i say i was going to stop doing what i was doing at any point? where did i say i was not watching next week or wasn't going to do xzy? im mad as hell but i havn't folded it in. i went to a friends house last night that has power and watched the game on his laptop. yea im a front runner by definition clearly. im saying that u are claiing our fans front runners becuase they have given up on this staff which i think is false and wrong of u.

congrats, u saw this hire as bad before i did. but were on the same page now. now i called bad hire for warde before he put ink on paper, while u were chattiong about his michigan ties and how good he did on some conf committee while at buffalo about womens sports. i was pointing out that he doesn't seem qualified to run a bcs athletic dept and this one in particular with its current issues...

yes 10 stepos ahead of u. u are delusional, my ten steps are never posted here and will never be, that would be giving cards away.

Reaction Score
The quality of play on the field is starting to manifest itself in the posting on the board. This post is sort of like bringing in the Wildcat after a 30 yard pass. All you can do is scratch your head.

What I'm saying is that for all the love people show Edsall... he left. Actually wanting to coach your team is an important quality in a coach. So people compare Edsall to Pasqualoni but forget the most important quality of all -- Pasqualoni actually wants to be here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
did i say i was going to stop doing what i was doing at any point? where did i say i was not watching next week or wasn't going to do xzy? im mad as hell but i havn't folded it in. i went to a friends house last night that has power and watched the game on his ****ty laptop. yea im a ****ing front runner by definition clearly. im saying that u are claiing our fans front runners becuase they have given up on this staff which i think is false and wrong of u.

congrats, u saw this hire as bad before i did. but were on the same page now. now i called bad hire for warde before he put ink on paper, while u were chattiong about his michigan ties and how good he did on some conf committee while at buffalo about womens sports. i was pointing out that he doesn't seem qualified to run a bcs athletic dept and this one in particular with its current issues...

yes 10 stepos ahead of u. u are delusional, my ten steps are never posted here and will never be, that would be giving cards away.

Hopefully one of your 10 steps is a class on reading comprehension.

I said no such thing about Warde - all i ever said about him was I have no idea if he is good or not - it's not like I get to interview candidates, so I can't judge him until he does something. I don't even know what conference committee about women's sports you are talking about - I certainly wouldn't give a damn about a committee on almost anything, forget women's sports.

I can guarantee you this much 15 years from now you'll think back to the things you posted on the Boneyard and you'll wonder how you could have ever been so clueless.

Reaction Score
I will be there Fri...I root for the team and the program...not an inept coaching staff! I will say this if fans start flying "Fire DeLeone and Pasqualoni" flags in the parking lot it will send a message as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What I'm saying is that for all the love people show Edsall... he left. Actually wanting to coach your team is an important quality in a coach. So people compare Edsall to Pasqualoni but forget the most important quality of all -- Pasqualoni actually wants to be here.

You are missing the order of operations in these conversations. No one really shows Edsall 'love'. When people invoke the past and try to say he wasn't successful or start talking about Maryland it's merely pointed out that it is completely idiotic especially in the middle of the dumpster fire that Pasqualoni has started.

If the most important quality in a coach is he 'wants to be here'... well I'm sure P will continue to cash checks until he dies if you are willing to let him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If you really think that the school would take 0-12 if they made money you are silly. They want the athletics to be a draw to the university. Clearly the trajectory of the school is much different than it would have been without the BB programs' success. They want to continue it. If you think otherwise you are just pouting.

(much like I did when I was a 10 year old and used to scream at the TV every Sunday watching the Packers - "Do they WANT to lose? They aren't even trying!!!!" when clearly that wasn't the case - sometimes you are just bad, and it takes time to fix - when you make a bad decision in football it isn't something you can fix in 10 minutes)

i see stars falling in line that this school may be going down a $ issue road and they are currently about to them selves money wise in doing so by making bad decisions. if you spend 10 dollars in year 1 and in year 12 you can either spend 3 more dollars to take the product to the next level(invest in long term sucess) or spend no dollars and let the initial investment go to waste, which one are you going to do?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hopefully one of your 10 steps is a class on reading comprehension.

I said no such thing about Warde - all i ever said about him was I have no idea if he is good or not - it's not like I get to interview candidates, so I can't judge him until he does something. I don't even know what conference committee about women's sports you are talking about - I certainly wouldn't give a damn about a committee on almost anything, forget women's sports.

I can guarantee you this much 15 years from now you'll think back to the things you posted on the Boneyard and you'll wonder how you could have ever been so clueless.

i 15 years there will be no BY fball forum the way this school is going right now so i dont have to worry then. im not clueless at all. some here know what i bring to the table. others like u just keep hating on fans like me who are idiots/uneducated/front runners/etc..

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

im off the P wagon clearly. but u are correct in this stance as much as i hate it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i 15 years there will be no BY fball forum the way this school is going right now so i dont have to worry then.

Notice I said 'think back'. You really should consider adding Reading Comprehension as an 11th secret ninja step. You'll be that much further ahead of me!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Notice I said 'think back'. You really should consider adding Reading Comprehension as an 11th secret ninja step. You'll be that much further ahead of me!

ok. im going to go find the next thread where your arguing with everyone possible over things.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I hit a nerve here, but just an observation on the actual events taking place.

ND is leaving the Big East and choosing to play 5 ACC games each season. They are shrewd, they add to their competitive schedule, keep some of their traditional rival games, and provide even more appeal to NBC $$$. Not to mention, they now expand their recruting arm to the east coast and the fertile southeast (as if they needed that help anyway).

So they have not joined the ACC in football yet, but they add feature game$ to the ACC $chedule, ND goes their own way in the bowl process and the ACC champion still goes to a BCS bowl, everyone wins (except the Big East of course).

Reaction Score
Reading all these threads, nobody writes this much, vents so extensively, with the intent on bailing. But fans are demanding that PP go. We have that right, of course, and it would heed Herbst & Warde to pay attention. They need to stop giving bs statements and make a bold move before they do lose the fan base.

Reaction Score
i see stars falling in line that this school may be going down a $ issue road and they are currently about to **** them selves money wise in doing so by making bad decisions. if you spend 10 dollars in year 1 and in year 12 you can either spend 3 more dollars to take the product to the next level(invest in long term sucess) or spend no dollars and let the initial investment go to waste, which one are you going to do?

I will preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be argumentative when I ask this.

Do you have any real insight into how the school is run and its fiscal condition? What their priorities are and where the pain points are? Based on what I know or believe I know (and Herbst has told me directly that she cares about the direction of the program, the conference affiliation, etc), they will spend the 3 dollars. You may disagree on the timing, but I believe they will invest in the program until I see FACTS that prove otherwise.

Reaction Score
I will preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be argumentative when I ask this.

Do you have any real insight into how the school is run and its fiscal condition? What their priorities are and where the pain points are? Based on what I know or believe I know (and Herbst has told me directly that she cares about the direction of the program, the conference affiliation, etc), they will spend the 3 dollars. You may disagree on the timing, but I believe they will invest in the program until I see FACTS that prove otherwise.
I will back up these comments about Herbst. I emailed her a few weeks ago about the state of the program...not to demand firings but to pledge my support as a fan in these tough times. She responded back to me in about 5 minutes thanking me ir my support and promising me that this program will be given the resources to compete and win on the highest levels.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reading all these threads, nobody writes this much, vents so extensively, with the intent on bailing. But fans are demanding that PP go. We have that right, of course, and it would heed Herbst & Warde to pay attention. They need to stop giving bs statements and make a bold move before they do lose the fan base.

Of course fans have the right, but a real fan goes to the last two games without even thinking about it. Someone who has tickets, would be going if the team was better but is staying home just isn't that big of a fan.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It would be really nice for a lot of seniors who were good to very good players to not go out winless. BWW, Gratz, Moore, Trevardo and the others... If you sit down and make a list of the seniors on this team 0-7 in this league seems almost unfathomable.

It would also be nice to keep the stain pf a winless conference season out of the history books.

You just explained why PP has to go. Second straight year of 8 win talent and 4 win results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom