"The expectation is to win every football game." Diaco | Page 8 | The Boneyard

"The expectation is to win every football game." Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
That video was incredibly uncomfortable and just friggin awesome all at the same time.
Best 3 and a half minutes... I think I have ever invested on the internet.

Des, you can tell he doesn't like Diaco. That smackdown will cement the Courant as a Diaco hating machine.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
That video was incredibly uncomfortable and just friggin awesome all at the same time.

So awkward, yet so great.

Reaction Score
I love Diaco's attitude. All the trolls and naysayers can pound sand. Whether they go 13-0 or not, Diaco is installing a winning attitude and is not afraid to shake things up. After having a zombie at coach for three years, the players were out of shape, mentally soft, and expected to lose. It was pathetic and I was embarrassed for the players. When losing stops hurting a program is in trouble. Now if they lose, it will hurt because they expect to win and they will hold each other accountable.

I question whether the naysayers / trolls / critics ever played sports seriously because they clearly don't understand the mentality it takes to be a winner.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
DC desperately needs a new profession. I don't think I've ever witnessed a beat writer try harder to make a season's worth of coverage all about him. If a fan questions what he writes, he gets all defensive and whines. If he asks a ridiculous question and then gets called out on it, he opens his next column with "delirious...crazy...nuts".

Reaction Score
I love Diaco's attitude. All the trolls and naysayers can pound sand. Whether they go 13-0 or not, Diaco is installing a winning attitude and is not afraid to shake things up. After having a zombie at coach for three years, the players were out of shape, mentally soft, and expected to lose. It was pathetic and I was embarrassed for the players. When losing stops hurting a program is in trouble. Now if they lose, it will hurt because they expect to win and they will hold each other accountable.

I question whether the naysayers / trolls / critics ever played sports seriously because they clearly don't understand the mentality it takes to be a winner.

Oh please. Diaco was awful in his first year. Nobody has completely given up on him.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
Oh please. Diaco was awful in his first year. Nobody has completely given up on him.

Exactly. I haven't given up hope. I'm incredibly optimistic. But last year was a bad job.

Reaction Score

Yes, we know Diaco was the reason we went 2-10 last year.

We know it had nothing to do with a non unified, out of shape, mismanaged heaping pile of dung the twins left Diaco.

It obvious you don't understand what it takes to build a program from scratch.

Diaco is so bat crap crazy this team will run through a brick wall for him.

But you go a head and keep bringing up last year.

Hope springs eternal for many on here. Obviously not in your house.

Reaction Score
With all the words he is protecting his players. I am looking forward to how different this year will be compared to last year. We've got a big chip on our shoulders and expectations by the team are to get things back to the way they were 3 seasons ago. Accepting losing is out.

Reaction Score
Yes, we know Diaco was the reason we went 2-10 last year.

We know it had nothing to do with a non unified, out of shape, mismanaged heaping pile of dung the twins left Diaco.

It obvious you don't understand what it takes to build a program from scratch.

Diaco is so bat crap crazy this team will run through a brick wall for him.

But you go a head and keep bringing up last year.

Hope springs eternal for many on here. Obviously not in your house.

LOL

Ok Mr. Strawman

Reaction Score
Why, you think Nick Saban could have won with that team? That's ridiculous

Maybe you and sportsart can discuss this together. You'd have to have a deeper understanding of football to have this discussion. Not sure either of you have it.

Reaction Score
Strawman? That doesn't even make sense.

Diaco did what he did because he was starting from scratch.

Please keep whining about last year. That is LOL.

You obviously have some personal issue with me.

He did a bad job last year. I know it's hard for you to understand this concept but I've consistently said that his job performance was not about wins and losses and that I've not given up the hope that he can be a good coach here.

I don't know what else to tell you other than put me on ignore if you can't stand to hear my opinions.

Reaction Score
You obviously have some personal issue with me.

He did a bad job last year. I know it's hard for you to understand this concept but I've consistently said that his job performance was not about wins and losses and that I've not given up the hope that he can be a good coach here.

I don't know what else to tell you other than put me on ignore if you can't stand to hear my opinions.

He made a few head scratching moves for sure. But to make a blanket statement that he was awful clearly shows you don't understand why he made some of the moves he made.

As for asking for the ignore, thats weak.

You have now aligned yourself with freescooter and chief. Good company to share the same feelings with.

I have no issue with you and have not responded to any posts in months.

Just not looking forward to your belief that last year's team, record or coaching job has to be brought up in every thread.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm a believer in Diaco, for now. Last year was just a complete tear down and rebuild. It was one long experiment.

But I have him on a short leash. He has to show real progress by December 2016. I don't ever want to see us losing again to 0-11 teams at home while coughing the ball up five times.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco has inspired me to bring you both back together.

It's hot. It's Thursday. We don't get to hit anyone in another uniform for a month.

Y'all are on the same team - the solution is simple: We should
follow Dooley's lead and just bash Dez. #teamsilver

Here is how you let go of last year: Let's say UConn loses to Michigan at Atlantis (that's a basketball game Jimmy). Does the 2014 National Championship make you feel any better about that loss? It was only 18 months ago. If the past wins don't make you feel any better who gives a damn about last years losses anymore?

Reaction Score
If you think anyone..anyone.. Would have won first year with this group.. A terrible team who lost 9 starters, 6 lineman and 2 NFL draft picks..... Who was terrible the year before.....your intelligence may be below standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom