?The Downfall of Louisville? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

?The Downfall of Louisville?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
This could be the end of Louisville as a big time college sports entity. Hookers, recruiting inbvestigation and the state legislature had to get involved in The Yum! Center finance scandal and reorganization of the BoT. At some point the decision will be made to cut the cord and Louisville will revert back to a commuter school.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think this scandal will actually "threaten the viability of college basketball" or college sports as a whole?

Reaction Score
Does anyone think this scandal will actually "threaten the viability of college basketball" or college sports as a whole?
No it'll be fine, but we could see alternatives to the one-and-done route becoming more popular.

Reaction Score
Pitino should be gone either way. If he knew, then he is a disgusting, unethical coach who has no place in college basketball. If he didn't know, then he has no control over his program. As a head coach, if your program goes through a prostitution scandal and now a bribery scandal and you know nothing about it, you have zero control over your program and that shouldn't be tolerated.

Reaction Score
This could be the end of Louisville as a big time college sports entity. Hookers, recruiting inbvestigation and the state legislature had to get involved in The Yum! Center finance scandal and reorganization of the BoT. At some point the decision will be made to cut the cord and Louisville will revert back to a commuter school.

It does raise the question of how much the fallout of all this will affect the financial health/reputation of their football program.

Chely's Home

Bring back the whalers
Reaction Score
It's funny how when Jurich was doing these dirty deeds it was ok, as long as youre not caught. Now he's the scapegoat. I hope the school gets in major trouble, not just individuals. I have a list of things id like to see:

Take the national title away.
Take Scholarships.
demote them back to the aac.
tournament ban the next 3 yrs minimum.
Add uconn to acc.
a written apology by the acc to uconn.
this is fair.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Beautiful. Now on to syracuse and their 3 paid players steered to a sports agency.

Reaction Score

I could see a future situation where players basically play a better funded version of the current aau system where there is a circuit for Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour. Basically a U21 AAU league with huge tv contracts. I think it would be preferable if these kids still played for their colleges but not through the NCAA...just schools affiliated with shoe brands. UConn would be part of the Nike league for example, and players would be paid.

But I think it is still at least 15 years away.

Reaction Score
I know this is wishful thinking, but is there any chance (greater than zero) that the ACC actually tries to boot them??

Reaction Score
It's funny how when Jurich was doing these dirty deeds it was ok, as long as youre not caught. Now he's the scapegoat. I hope the school gets in major trouble, not just individuals. I have a list of things id like to see:

Take the national title away.
Take Scholarships.
demote them back to the aac.
tournament ban the next 3 yrs minimum.
Add uconn to acc.
a written apology by the acc to uconn.
this is fair.

good list, but i think you wrote it backwards...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom