The "Discuss our seeding and path to the Final Four" Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The "Discuss our seeding and path to the Final Four" Thread

Reaction Score
NY Post has us losing to VCU. VCU is a popular pick among the basketball community. They are a mercurial team.
They're playing their best basketball of the year.

vcu.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I dare an
NY Post has us losing to VCU. VCU is a popular pick among the basketball community. They are a mercurial team.
y team in the country to turn a game against us into a track meet. Where we have difficulty is when we allow the other team to slow the game down.

Reaction Score
Wait so we're the top-seeded 4 seed according to the overall seeds, so how the hell did we get shafted to the west regional? I thought priority to proximity went by overall seeds

Reaction Score
Wait so we're the top-seeded 4 seed according to the overall seeds, so how the hell did we get shafted to the west regional? I thought priority to proximity went by overall seeds
The committee puts the first four teams from each conference into different brackets, Marquette was already in the east.

Reaction Score
Because Marquette was a 2 seed so had priority over us in getting the East region, and the committee has to split up teams from the same conference where possible

Reaction Score
idk, whatever the reason I'm getting pretty sick of getting slotted in the west the vast majority of the time

Reaction Score
Expected S-Curve was 8. UConn was under seeded by +5=13.

It looks like Utah State was the most under seeded team @ + 12. Arkansas @ + 9 ect ect...

Florida Atlantic should have been a 7 similar to the year Wofford beat Seton Hall in Rd 1.

+=S-Curve difference

Reaction Score
Anything can happen in any given game. But we should beat Iona by 20. There is only ONE team that can beat Uconn this year. And that team is UCONN. I really believe that. There is not one team on this field that I believe can beat us if we are firing on all cylinders.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
idk, whatever the reason I'm getting pretty sick of getting slotted in the west the vast majority of the time
The west has been very good to UConn

Reaction Score
So I watch Field of 68 alot. This is Rob Dauster's breakdown on UCONN:

To summarize, he thinks UCONN is a tough, physical team that controls the paint unlike any team in the NCAA. Specifically noted Sanogo and Andre Jackson (joked that he was more physically equipped to play WR in division 1). Dauster said UCONN creates quality shots with their infinitesimal amount of plays and counter plays. They will struggle when they have to start far away from the basket and the offense gets gummed up. He also said they don't have a dog that can just create shots from nothing in clutch time. So he sounds cautiously optimistic that they can make a run.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because Marquette was a 2 seed so had priority over us in getting the East region, and the committee has to split up teams from the same conference where possible
Why would Marquette want to be in the East? They are a midwest team.

KU was the #4 seed, so they would play the top 2-3-4 seeds. Texas was the top #2, so they couldn't play UT. So UCLA was next toughest. Gonzaga and UConn are the top #3 and #4 respectively. That's all it is. It all follows those #1 seeds.

Alabama #1 overall, so south. Houston #2, they'd want South but it's taken, so Midwest. Purdue #3, they'd want midwest but it's taken so East. KU stuck with west. Then the 2-3-4 follow except avoiding in conference matchups. None of the 2-3-4 get preferences on regions.

Reaction Score
Why would Marquette want to be in the East? They are a midwest team.

KU was the #4 seed, so they would play the top 2-3-4 seeds. Texas was the top #2, so they couldn't play UT. So UCLA was next toughest. Gonzaga and UConn are the top #3 and #4 respectively. That's all it is. It all follows those #1 seeds.

Alabama #1 overall, so south. Houston #2, they'd want South but it's taken, so Midwest. Purdue #3, they'd want midwest but it's taken so East. KU stuck with west. Then the 2-3-4 follow except avoiding in conference matchups. None of the 2-3-4 get preferences on regions.
You're missing the point, Marquette was a 2 seed so is placed in a region before UConn. So once Marquette ended up in the East, UConn couldn't

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You're missing the point, Marquette was a 2 seed so is placed in a region before UConn. So once Marquette ended up in the East, UConn couldn't
True. But we never would have been anyway because our default region followed KU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom