The Cuse Looks Defeated Before Entering The Locker Room | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Cuse Looks Defeated Before Entering The Locker Room

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Syracuse's only chance lies with a really weak ACC this year. IF they can be top 4 they have a chance because the tournament gods wouldn't be able to fathom anything less than 4 teams from the ACC in the tournament.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Syracuse is 5-4, with terrible losses. They will not be in the tournament. And we'd beat them comfortably. It took an abnormal abysmal shooting half for Nova to only beat them by 14. They aren't good
With those zones and the reach that his starting 5 have I wouldn’t count Cuse out. If they have to go to the bench they are toast. I remember last season most all here said Cuse wouldn’t make the dance but in the end their dance cards had a few more punches than UConn’s. I despise Cuse but they beat IU and FSU so l am not placing them in the suck category as quickly as you.

Reaction Score
But they won on grit and passion. If UConn threw up those bricks do they beat Cuse? I’m guessing no but who knows. Not meant teams in college basketball win with shooting percentages like that
I’m not sure what that has to do with long rebounds coming off of 3 pointers. I’m not disparaging Nova in any way. They won a game where both teams had terrible shooting nights by getting up almost as many 3s as Cuse had total attempts. They’re clearly a better team with far better ball movement and talent.

Reaction Score
With those zones and the reach that his starting 5 have I wouldn’t count Cuse out. If they have to go to the bench they are toast. I remember last season most all here said Cuse wouldn’t make the dance but in the end their dance cards had a few more punches than UConn’s. I despise Cuse but they beat IU and FSU so l am not placing them in the suck category as quickly as you.
If we had their same resume and team you'd be depressed. They're terrible. Nova had a brain fart in the first half. Once they started playing competent offense they made cuse look like a D2 team

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Syracuse's only chance lies with a really weak ACC this year. IF they can be top 4 they have a chance because the tournament gods wouldn't be able to fathom anything less than 4 teams from the ACC in the tournament.
I could find points of agreement with any of the preceding dozen or so posts, even though many are in strong disagreement with each other.

Nonetheless, this post above is the wild card possibility that isn't too far afield from what we saw last March.

Villanova's closeout was like a reverse of 'regressing to the mean,' and showed them running Cuse out of the building in a way that wasn't surprising and tempered some of my earlier feelings that Nova isn't all that good.

Combining stats from two different games, Colgate & Villanova were 31/93 on 3-pointers. Perhaps in the divine allotment, the Raiders made some of the Wildcats' threes. Still, two losses for Otto.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’d feel defeated too if my fan base tried to claim NYC as “our city” but could only sell out 72% of the worlds most famous arena.
In tandem with another local team! To be fair we’ve had our share of Nov/Dec games at MSG with sparse crowds.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
In tandem with another local team! To be fair we’ve had our share of Nov/Dec games at MSG with sparse crowds.
Yeah that one vs Syracuse in that random “tire company classic” in 2016 was like only half full.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Syracuse is 5-4, with terrible losses. They will not be in the tournament. And we'd beat them comfortably. It took an abnormal abysmal shooting half for Nova to only beat them by 14. They aren't good
this happens every year for the last 6/8 years. They have terrible losses for 1/2 the season, they beat duke at home and have another solid win, finished 2 games over .500, finish around 8/10, and they make the tourney where they go on a run to where they say it proves they were a tourney team all season.

It's annoying and sad lol

Reaction Score
It's not popular here to say anything good about Cude and I dislike them but typically they get better as the season goes and usually have competitive games with quality teams beating some. The Boeheim boys have some skills. Shocked if they don't make the tourney.

Reaction Score
It's not popular here to say anything good about Cude and I dislike them but typically they get better as the season goes and usually have competitive games with quality teams beating some. The Boeheim boys have some skills. Shocked if they don't make the tourney.
You’ll be shocked if a team with multiple bad losses misses the tourney? They don’t make the tourney just because they’re cuse. If this were us sitting at 5-4 with a loss to Colgate you would not be predicting us to make the tourney. They don’t have the talent, size, or athleticism. They finish middle of the pack in the ACC. And finish around .500. NIT bound

Reaction Score
Not going to go as far as calling them soft, but when you miss 37 3-pointers and 52 shots, 18 offensive rebounds doesn’t seem hugely impressive.
You don’t win the battle on the glass by 20 if you’re soft.

It’s simply stupid to call a well-coached and experienced top 10 program soft. I’m really getting sick of how reactionary members of this forum are getting

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what that has to do with long rebounds coming off of 3 pointers. I’m not disparaging Nova in any way. They won a game where both teams had terrible shooting nights by getting up almost as many 3s as Cuse had total attempts. They’re clearly a better team with far better ball movement and talent.
Did you watch the game? The biggest moments at the end of the game were offensive rebounds and put-backs within the paint/restricted area. And shouldn’t a 2-3 zone limit long rebounds regardless?

Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? The biggest moments at the end of the game were offensive rebounds and put-backs within the paint/restricted area. And shouldn’t a 2-3 zone limit long rebounds regardless?
I did watch the game. I’m talking more about the sheer number of offensive rebounds. Are you denying that there were a lot of long ones off the three pointers? People are taking this so personally! I’m just commenting that the number of O Rebounds is a bit misleading.

Reaction Score
"The" Cuse? Is this like "The Ohio State University" now?

I always thought it was just 'Cuse.
Reminds me of the first half of the 1990 BE semi's vs. the Hoyas where Brent Musburger kept calling our team "The UConn". Someone must have mentioned it to him at halftime.

Reaction Score
their only terrible loss was to colgate. we want VCU to get better seeing as we barely beat them. otherwise losses to auburn and nova were expected.

Reaction Score
their only terrible loss was to colgate. we want VCU to get better seeing as we barely beat them. otherwise losses to auburn and nova were expected.
That's an absolutely terrible loss. They didn't just lose, they got thoroughly beat. Idk whats hard to understand about that. We "barely" beat VCU....but we did. They didn't. And that loss aint great either

Reaction Score
I did watch the game. I’m talking more about the sheer number of offensive rebounds. Are you denying that there were a lot of long ones off the three pointers? People are taking this so personally! I’m just commenting that the number of O Rebounds is a bit misleading.
Not taking anything personally and I’m not sure where you’re getting that from. We can agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
That's an absolutely terrible loss. They didn't just lose, they got thoroughly beat. Idk whats hard to understand about that. We "barely" beat VCU....but we did. They didn't. And that loss aint great either
so much aggression my god. i wasn't disagreeing about colgate being "an absolutely terrible loss" i was saying VCU isn't in the same category. now you tell me what's so hard to understand about that.

Reaction Score
so much aggression my god. i wasn't disagreeing about colgate being "an absolutely terrible loss" i was saying VCU isn't in the same category. now you tell me what's so hard to understand about that.
Aggression? That was in response to the whole thread. It’s ok. Lol, I hope our team doesn’t play that soft tonight.

Those loses were expected because they stink

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
this happens every year for the last 6/8 years. They have terrible losses for 1/2 the season, they beat duke at home and have another solid win, finished 2 games over .500, finish around 8/10, and they make the tourney where they go on a run to where they say it proves they were a tourney team all season.

It's annoying and sad lol
Yup. It’s pretty predictable. Get a 10 seed and play some weak 7 seed. Get a 14 seed that just beat a 3 seed and go to the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Not very competitive in league play GF was class B or C i can’t remember and the bed counts change every year. They may have been class B that year.

He was not well though of as a kid by opposing coaches, but very respected as a player.
Saw kid play several times over his Junior and senior years. Dad played at LeMoyne for Beulein who offered the kid his senior year, but kid leaned to Syracuse. He played with Buddy for Albany Rocks AAU team. Believe me the kid can shoot the three and shot it from way out as a Junior and senior. Carried his team those years. Competition was pretty good in Class B state tournament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom