The Crowd | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When we are down 40 points in the third quarter, the remaining UConn fans will leave.

You are giving UConn a chance in the Michigan game??? I think UConn will be down 40 by the end of the first QUARTER!! Hell, Michigan could give us 40 points and we'll still lose by 70...

Reaction Score
Maybe they need to set-up
Maybe they need to set-up a beer IV against Michigan.

Beer IV? For the Michigan game they should set-up convenient free-basing stations all around the concourse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Michigan game will be closer than you all anticipate. Do not quit on this game.

Reaction Score
The Michigan game will be closer than you all anticipate. Do not quit on this game.

As the resident denegerate gambler....from your lips to God's ears. A competitive game would be fantastic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As the resident denegerate gambler....from your lips to God's ears. A competitive game would be fantastic.

UConn is not nearly as bad as they play. Michigan is not nearly as good as people pretend.

The worst thing that happened was the Akron scare.

UConn is not going to win - but this idea they are going to be down 30-40 points at the half is insane.

Reaction Score
didn't get to the game until end of first quarter. lots of people walking in with us, and even more just hanging out in the parking lot or just outside the stadium.
What I don't get is that thousands that never make it to their seats.
At any point in time, there is literally 5K people walking around the stadium.

my theory is that the game just isn't important to most people. it's more a chance to hang and drink with friends, and if 'forced', maybe see a few plays of a football game. as soon as uconn was down 2 touchdowns in the 3rd (maybe it was early 4th quarter), people began leaving in droves. I'm sure lots went back to their cars to continue tailgating.

I think the tailgating has become bigger than the actual game. I'm sure this has to do with the on-field performance the past few seasons.

Marty - for the 11 years I have been going to the Rent, I have always graded us out higher as tailgaters than fans. This is not something new.

In addition, I'm not sure I have a problem if we are close to a sell out and 5,000 or so fans are still in the parking lots tailgating. It makes for a more festive atmosphere. Eventually, when things turn around, and I think they will someday, those 5,000 or more fans will want in on the action. There are tens of thousands of fans that tailgate only down South, never getting into the game.

Reaction Score
Marty - for the 11 years I have been going to the Rent, I have always graded us out higher as tailgaters than fans. This is not something new.

In addition, I'm not sure I have a problem if we are close to a sell out and 5,000 or so fans are still in the parking lots tailgating. It makes for a more festive atmosphere. Eventually, when things turn around, and I think they will someday, those 5,000 or more fans will want in on the action. There are tens of thousands of fans that tailgate only down South, never getting into the game.
Same with the B1G. The percentage of people in the rv lots that actually go into games is pretty low.

Reaction Score

Agreed. Maryland is a very good team and I don't expect Michigan to be any better. Let's not make concessions because of Tommy Harmon traditions.

Reaction Score

i agree. right now the tailgating is the most fun aspect of coming to the rent.

Reaction Score

Really?? Will UM going to throw the game because bookies got something on the Wolverines?? I gave up on this team when it lost to Towsen and Maryland...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really?? Will UM going to throw the game because bookies got something on the Wolverines?? I gave up on this team when it lost to Towsen and Maryland...

Well hopefully the players don't quit as easily as 'huskydogart'

Yes, really I think the game will be closer than people predict.

Reaction Score
i agree. right now the tailgating is the most fun aspect of coming to the rent.

Definitely looking forward to that more than the game right now.

I thought this was going to be the pinnacle of my existence as a sports fan though, UofM???????

Reaction Score
To put it in perspective....when the Rent opened, my tickets in sec 221 (row 6) were $25 apiece and my blue parking pass was $50. Ten years later my tickets cost $30 apiece (+20% inflation) and the parking pass costs $110, or up 120%. Its pretty clear that the demand for the tailgating is significantly higher than that for the football. And I think most people would agree the quality of the tailgating is significantly higher than that of the football being played

Reaction Score
To put it in perspective....when the Rent opened, my tickets in sec 221 (row 6) were $25 apiece and my blue parking pass was $50. Ten years later my tickets cost $30 apiece (+20% inflation) and the parking pass costs $110, or up 120%. Its pretty clear that the demand for the tailgating is significantly higher than that for the football. And I think most people would agree the quality of the tailgating is significantly higher than that of the football being played
Don't forget not this 3 year cycle but the one directly before they dropped the seat donation and ticket prices to try and stimulate season ticket sales.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully the players don't quit as easily as 'huskydogart'

Yes, really I think the game will be closer than people predict.

Whaler:

No, I'm not quitting on the team, I just had enough of PP's coaching. It is ALMOST as bad as some of the Whalers head coaches - and I never gave up on the Whale!!! (Still I want to see them back in the NHL, but Bettman is against it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom