The Crowd | The Boneyard

The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know the exact numbers, but it looked like a full house to me. And it was as fully "blue" as I've ever seen it. And they yelled on 3rd downs. And they didn't head for the exits en masse until the coach quit on the game when he punted on 4th and 1. So you crowd bashers that don't go to games and don't buy tickets are going to come up with a new schtick.

Reaction Score
I don't know the exact numbers, but it looked like a full house to me. And it was as fully "blue" as I've ever seen it. And they yelled on 3rd downs. And they didn't head for the exits en masse until the coach quit on the game when he punted on 4th and 1. So you crowd bashers that don't go to games and don't buy tickets are going to come up with a new schtick.

I don't disagree but I sure hope they lie to us about the real start time for the game next week (tell everyone 7:30 if it's an 8:00 start - we do that to my sister in law and it works). We can't have an empty stadium for kick-off.

Reaction Score
it was a nice crowd for sure. I didn't think they were as edgy/loud/boisterous as some of the other night games in the past, but not a bad crowd. Didn't like how they all hit the exits at once though (seemed to be when the kid caught the ball in the endzone and ran it out)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Until halfway through the third quarter that felt like a real college football crowd.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Seriously, for ANY program in any conference, hosting Michigan is probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance. The fact that we're doing it at the lowest point in the last decade of the program makes me furious. You get one shot at something like this, and they're as bad as they can be.

Reaction Score
Seriously, for ANY program in any conference, hosting Michigan is probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance. The fact that we're doing it at the lowest point in the last decade of the program makes me furious. You get one shot at something like this, and they're as bad as they can be.

we'll get a shot again with Tennessee. Hopefully they'll be a Top 25 team by the time they come here.

Reaction Score
Last night made me realize for a short time why RGIII said that the Rent was the loudest away stadium he played in at Baylor.....it's been a LONG 3 seasons!

Reaction Score
Crowd Looked good all around. The Temp Seats even if not close to full made our stadium look complete. I'm hoping there aren't too many Michigan fans there. Next week may be the last time we play in anything resembling packed stadium for the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
Crowd was definitely packed (Announced attendance 38916) but I could have used some more noise. I couldn't believe how many left when it was just a 2 score game at the start of the 4th. However I also couldn't believe they tried to run a missed fieldgoal out of the endzone.

Reaction Score
People started to move after the pick-six. It was a good crowd, the stadium looked very good with the recent updates and the open end being closed up a bit.

Reaction Score
Crowd was good although it filled in way after kick off.

Less than impressed with the ribbon board. Used more for advertising than interacting with the crowd. The lettering was hard to read for crowd motivation (get loud, interception, etc.). The player introduction was downright creepy: name, number and the player's forehead and eyes. Is it me or is the band a little narrow to have a big impact?

Reaction Score

Less than impressed with the ribbon board. Used more for advertising than interacting with the crowd. The lettering was hard to read for crowd motivation (get loud, interception, etc.). The player introduction was downright creepy: name, number and the player's forehead and eyes. Is it me or is the band a little narrow to have a big impact?

Agreed 100% on the Ribbon Board. I had great expectations for it to be used to add to the crowd noise, but was instead just a bright way of advertising the usuals even more. You can leave the ads up almost all game - just have them off for the 25 seconds the play clock runs on D. Not that hard.

On the topic of crowd, I agree it was good, all things considered. Last night was the earliest I feel I have ever quit on the game. Not left early, mind you - but mentally quit. I wasn't able to stand and cheer past the middle of the 3rd quarter. If I quit - the guy who usually convinces himself we can come back despite any obstacles - I imagine there are plenty of others on the sidelines that have done the same.

Reaction Score

Don't know why they changed the player intro format but agree that it sucks compared to last years. Same thing for the music intro to the players taking the field. It has been totally screwed up and not for the better. Whoever is behind these changes should be cashiered. A private business would not be accepting faceplants like this. We look like newborns for chrissakes. Completely clueless.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It was not a full house. There were three rows where I was that were completely empty, maybe paid, but no butts in the seats. For my first game at the Rent, I was underwhelmed. I've been to Penn State games and that was a major game day environment. The crowds were 100% into the games. Most of the people in my section yesterday spent the whole time talking about anything but the game or acting like fools. This experience showed me the we are light years away from being big time and with Coach P at the helm we will never get there.This is gonna be a long season. Kicking myself for choosing this season to get season tickets.

Reaction Score
It was not a full house. There were three rows where I was that were completely empty, maybe paid, but no butts in the seats. For my first game at the Rent, I was underwhelmed. I've been to Penn State games and that was a major game day environment. The crowds were 100% into the games. Most of the people in my section yesterday spent the whole time talking about anything but the game or acting like fools. This experience showed me the we are light years away from being big time and with Coach P at the helm we will never get there.This is gonna be a long season. Kicking myself for choosing this season to get season tickets.

People don't sit in their own seats. As BL can attest to there were about 10 extra people in the row in front of us. I was in the box during the first half and came down in the second to sit with my friends.

Lots of drunken idiots more interested in arguing with people watching the game than watching the game.

Overall I thought the crowd was very good...and would have been great had we had a reason.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
People don't sit in their own seats. As BL can attest to there were about 10 extra people in the row in front of us. I was in the box during the first half and came down in the second to sit with my friends.
Any thoughts from the upstairs crowd?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I couldn't believe how many left when it was just a 2 score game at the start of the 4th.

BoatShow, we have some of the smartest fans in America, as proven by their knowledge that the game was OVER once this coach got down more than 7 points.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The crowd was above and beyond what the product warrants. Towson too, they were trying. Maybe not Pitt night game level, but they showed up.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I kind of dug the new husky intro though it seemed a bit muted and isolated to me. The player intros seem a bit off key, something just not working like it used to.

Noticably less interference from the PA and less DJ. The free keychains were a nice touch.

Like everyone else, I loved the look of the closed in endzone. Things at the Rent are getting better and we have the ingredients for a tough home field advanage, we just need to win there again.

Above anything else, I want to see some fight against Michigan. It's the biggest home game in program history. Time to stand up.

Reaction Score
The crowd was above and beyond what the product warrants. Towson too, they were trying. Maybe not Pitt night game level, but they showed up.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I kind of dug the new husky intro though it seemed a bit muted and isolated to me. The player intros seem a bit off key, something just not working like it used to.

Noticably less interference from the PA and less DJ. The free keychains were a nice touch.

Like everyone else, I loved the look of the closed in endzone. Things at the Rent are getting better and we have the ingredients for a tough home field advanage, we just need to win there again.

Above anything else, I want to see some fight against Michigan. It's the biggest home game in program history. Time to stand up.

Yes, it will be our biggest home game in history, but unless Warde fires PP this week, we'll be 0-3 and Michigan will win 70-0. PP needs to be FIRED NOW!!!!

Reaction Score
They did not allow people to stand under the scoreboard. Everybody had to get to a seat. Should have done it 10 years ago. Hope that they never let it happen again.

I totally agree. We sit in row 21 and the drunks are beyond annoying. It was funny last nite security made the redliners sit in the temp seats and they were yelling for fans to sit down. I must say there were more heavy drinkers in our section , none of the fans were familiar. I could not believe the amount of beer consumed @ $8.00-10 a pop. Not much food sold though.
My son cheers (screams) thru the whole game so a lot so many people moved.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I could not believe the amount of beer consumed @ $8.00-10 a pop.

Our fans have good taste. The Guinness and Magic Hat sold out long before the cut-off time.

Reaction Score
The hardcore fans came out last night. That was great. As others said, that truly felt like a college football stadium last night. UMD grads I talked to after the game seemed impressed.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts from the upstairs crowd?

Was only up there for the first half. Most people weren't really paying that much attention to the game but up until that point we were either leading or tied up until the last second, so the mood was pretty good. Wasn't the forum to specifically address anything with Herbst. McHugh was there also - talked to him for a few (he is a friend of the family). Once it went to hell in the 2nd half I almost wished I went back up there to see if I could sense anything. But I had friends in my seats and couldn't leave them down there the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom