The coaches see them in practice, they know what is best. | The Boneyard

The coaches see them in practice, they know what is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
See how stupid that sounds.

Yep, I hated that when that was used as a defense of the last coach, and I hate it now. There is no reason, zero, zilch for not getting another running back a couple of carries. They can't possibly hurt this prolific offense of ours too much could they?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If he is still using rolodex, he should get fired too.
I'm pretty sure Warde has a blackberry or other smartphone. Now George Blaney, he probably uses a rolodex...

Reaction Score
old coaches. senile minds? the blame is with Hathaway for hiring a retread coach.
rich rod, what were they thinking?

Reaction Score
When you win more than you lose, it doesn't sound nearly as stupid as you make it out to be. The last coach won more than he lost. Pasqualoni hasn't.

And you're using a strawman. We couldn't figure out why Cody Endres wasn't starting. Then he fails multiple drug tests. That has nothing to do with practice, but is probably a big reason he wasn't starting.

DeLeone is a nightmare, but your strawman is still a strawman.

Reaction Score
When you win more than you lose, it doesn't sound nearly as stupid as you make it out to be. The last coach won more than he lost. Pasqualoni hasn't.

And you're using a strawman. We couldn't figure out why Cody Endres wasn't starting. Then he fails multiple drug tests. That has nothing to do with practice, but is probably a big reason he wasn't starting.

DeLeone is a nightmare, but your strawman is still a strawman.
Well we can't figure out why no other RB gets a carry this year. Maybe we will soon hear they've all been smoking weed. PP and Edsall are essentially the same coach. PP is older, but he does bring an exciting defensive approach that always seems to get the offense the ball back with a chance to tie or win.

Reaction Score
Well we can't figure out why no other RB gets a carry this year. Maybe we will soon hear they've all been smoking weed. PP and Edsall are essentially the same coach. PP is older, but he does bring an exciting defensive approach that always seems to get the offense the ball back with a chance to tie or win.

I'm not defending Pasqualoni and his decisions. Just pointing out the flaws of the over-simplified strawman argument posted by the OP.

Even Edsall would give his running back a breather once in awhile.

Reaction Score
Strawman
strawman-motivational.jpg

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Problem with Deleone is he sees no problem with play calling seems to be outspoken bout his moves guy needs to be donkey punched

Reaction Score
See how stupid that sounds.

I don't think that the reasoning is stupid. Coaches see these players every day in practice. We see them for 3 hours on a Saturday. What I think is always open for debate is talent evaluation. Are the coaches missing something? And if there is an issue with putting the best talent on the field, then we need a new coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Unless the other backs are fumbling in practice, can't remember the plays or are total failures at pass protection someone should be getting a shot. PP is 7-9 using the present formula. I think we could all use some whoop it Gangnam style.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Unless the other backs are fumbling in practice, can't remember the plays or are total failures at pass protection someone should be getting a shot. PP is 7-9 using the present formula. I think we could all use some whoop it Gangnam style.

McCombs went for 119 yards with an over 5 per carry average and a whopping 23 carries.

Reaction Score
I doubt the other backs are not seeing the field because of fumbling issues... Smh! Max and Hyppolite have been in this system for 2 years already im pretty sure they know the play book just as good as McCombs... From the conversation this week with Clayton and DeLeone fumbling is not the case and Williams is pure talent, BUT Clayton and DeLeone feels comfortable with only 1 RB and they said it is what it is! The offense uses the wildcat as a running back rotation

Reaction Score
There is a bright side to the whole McCombs situation. At least we don't have to worry about P and D busting out the wishbone anytime soon.

Reaction Score
palatine is still mad because Nebrich isn't the starting quarterback. Of course he isn't starting at Fordham either. He's their wildcat qb, but pal knows he is a better passer than Peyton Manning just the same...

Reaction Score
palatine is still mad because Nebrich isn't the starting quarterback. Of course he isn't starting at Fordham either. He's their wildcat qb, but pal knows he is a better passer than Peyton Manning just the same...

Wow, crazy talk.

My theory is that players should get a chance in games. Lots of coaches not named Edsall or P. also have that philos0phy.

I know that seems that seems radical. It's surprising that even when fans see it with their own eyes like the cases of Marcus Easley and Nick Williams, they still refuse to adjust their opinion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
palatine is still mad because Nebrich isn't the starting quarterback...

Didn't have you pegged as one of those dopes that dismiss a sincere POV with dimestore psychology, scoot.

Reaction Score
Wow, crazy talk.

My theory is that players should get a chance in games. Lots of coaches not named Edsall or P. also have that philos0phy.

I know that seems that seems radical. It's surprising that even when fans see it with their own eyes like the cases of Marcus Easley and Nick Williams, they still refuse to adjust their opinion.

You really think Nick Williams is demonstrating that he deserves time over our other WRs? I'm not saying you can't make a case -- he is the best with the ball in his hands -- but it's more than a little debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom