The Blind Side movie | The Boneyard

The Blind Side movie

Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone has seen this movie or read the book. I saw signs years ago that this could get weird/ugly in the future but didn't envision it would get this ugly. Holy moly.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised they were dirtbags, but I'm surprised just how badly they were able to financially abuse this kid. Morally depraved stuff.

It was pretty clear from the start that they only had a relationship with him so they could try to get him to their school for football if you approached the sappy movie/book with a critical eye. But This is bad, bad bad.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised they were dirtbags, but I'm surprised just how badly they were able to financially abuse this kid. Morally depraved stuff.

It was pretty clear from the start that they only had a relationship with him so they could try to get him to their school for football if you approached the sappy movie/book with a critical eye. But This is bad, bad bad.
Let it play out...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yup. Two sides to this story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I mean that's a nice saying, but it's often not true at all.

Regardless, there's a good shot everyone ends up a villain in this story.

Reaction Score
Yup. Two sides to this story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Timing is everything in life:

->… That movie, based on a book of the same name, “turned me into something so rare it almost doesn’t exist — a famous offensive lineman,” Oher remarks in his new book, “When Your Back’s Against the Wall,” written with author Don Yaeger and published Aug. 8 by Avery. <-

Reaction Score
Rich people problems. Every family has their own dysfunction. Who knows the truth but I’m about 70/30 favoring Oher’s side.

The Tuoys response basically admits recruiting violations but it’s the SEC.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I think you lose the benefit of the doubt when you own 1 or more taco bells

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't get why the story was worthy of a movie. I'm sure there are dozens if not more professional athletes and others equally as successful in business who were in foster homes and/or adopted.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I don't get why the story was worthy of a movie. I'm sure there are dozens if not more professional athletes and others equally as successful in business who were in foster homes and/or adopted.
When Michael Lewis writes a popular book about something, Hollywood notices.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think you lose the benefit of the doubt when you own 1 or more taco bells

Wait, Sean Tuohy has made $50 million and owns 115 Taco Bell and KFC franchises? The family's net worth is $100 million.

This story is bizarre.

Reaction Score
Wait, Sean Tuohy has made $50 million and owns 115 Taco Bell and KFC franchises? The family's net worth is $100 million.

This story is bizarre.
He sold most of his franchises and the real estate that went along with it for $213 million.

Reaction Score
He sold most of his franchises and the real estate that went along with it for $213 million.
But I don't think those things were bought with proceeds from the book/movie. The family was already wealthy before Oher. Whole situation is ugly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That the kids got money from The Blind Side but the subject didn't is all I need to hear.
I heard a statement from the son, because apparently I can't use just his initials without the BY referencing a Connecticut player, that all the kids including Michael got a $70,000 payment for the movie, and possibly book, rights. It is often a mistake to go full righteous indignation off of one side of the story. Agree with those who have said let it play out. There will be plenty of time for the rest of us to virtue signal about it if it turns out the Touys are the villains they're being betrayed to be.

Reaction Score
But I don't think those things were bought with proceeds from the book/movie. The family was already wealthy before Oher. Whole situation is ugly.
Touhy owned over 70 Taco Bells and KFC's when the movie was released so it's safe to say he was already extremely wealthy.

The Touhy's say they made the same amount off of the movie as Michael Oher did, thousands of dollars. Michael Oher says he made zero dollars off of the movie and the Tuohy's made millions.

I'm sure there's an accounting of this and we'll find out who is lying or if they're both lying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom