The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 32 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We are doing this. I’ll cook the steak.

@8893 and @Dove sit on the deck at my place ( they know where I live and they live close)

And here’s the incentive. I will buy all the steaks of whatever cut is agreed to in true big Texan fashion . If they finish the agreed to amounts Steak is on me me. If they don’t finish they donate 1/2 cost of steaks to a boneyard charity agreed upon. So either way I’m out of money, but if they lose it goes to good cause. I will buy the steaks at walts in old Saybrook ( great butcher!)

I have room for 4 at deck table I’m thinking @Deepster a good 3rd. @notthestuff has to be in too ( my dark horse winner).

I live with a teacher who now ( for obvious reasons ) has pro live streaming gear. You guys want to next level boneyard? Here’s your chance!!! I’ll even cut heads off of live stream to protect anonymity if that is desired .

This has to happen.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This has to happen.

It does.

But so far only deepster has manned up. I will open this up to any northeast Boneyarder within a days drive of the beautiful CT eastern shoreline . Lets get some signups. we just need 4 (maybe would work with 3 even). Who has what it takes here?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What's with the steak bath at the end? Put out any smoldering embers?

Reaction Score
is she marinading that steak? Or creating a sauce from the steak?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It does.

But so far only deepster has manned up. I will open this up to any northeast Boneyarder within a days drive of the beautiful CT eastern shoreline . Lets get some signups. we just need 4 (maybe would work with 3 even). Who has what it takes here?
No one has manned up to actually take the challenge. @Deepster has merely said he bets $100 that @Dove couldn't do it, as Dove claimed he could.

I never claimed I could or would do it; I only mused about what my strategy would be if I did. Like if I had to. But I don't, and I won't. Not worth it to me in any way, shape or form.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
One of the things I typically enjoy at steakhouses is that the salad is cold. There are 34 salads sitting there long enough for the lettuces to wilt.

Yes, I realize it's heresy to bring up salad in this thread.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
One of the things I typically enjoy at steakhouses is that the salad is cold. There are 34 salads sitting there long enough for the lettuces to wilt.

it reminds me of King of the Hill when Hank was eating BBQ everyday and got horribly constipated. That salad might as well be a garnish.

August_West

Reaction Score

Its not salad its garnish.

August_West

Reaction Score
No one has manned up to actually take the challenge. @Deepster has merely said he bets $100 that @Dove couldn't do it, as Dove claimed he could.

I never claimed I could or would do it; I only mused about what my strategy would be if I did. Like if I had to. But I don't, and I won't. Not worth it to me in any way, shape or form.

Its worth it.

Reaction Score

Oh no. I said I'm in.

There's no way I am going to come close.....but that sort of excuse never stopped me from hurting my body before.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have next week off. But I'm not driving 8 hours for top sirloin. And I wouldn't agree to more than 48 oz. But I am still stupid enough to at least consider a challenge.

I would definitely consider eating 3 lbs of Jamaican jerk wings if the proper pimento branches were used.

Reaction Score
Sounds fun but I will cede to someone else. I will donate, too.

Gee. That's odd. It was just yesterday you acted like you actually had a set of balls.

I wonder if this restaurant gets crap meat. I could grill three porterhouses and eat those ****ers in an hour if I tried. And we're talking 1.5" suckers. Sheriff treat this meat like a dishrag...sorry, not sorry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We are doing this. I’ll cook the steak.

@8893 and @Dove sit on the deck at my place ( they know where I live and they live close)

And here’s the incentive. I will buy all the steaks of whatever cut is agreed to in true big Texan fashion . If they finish the agreed to amounts Steak is on me me. If they don’t finish they donate 1/2 cost of steaks to a boneyard charity agreed upon. So either way I’m out of money, but if they lose it goes to good cause. I will buy the steaks at walts in old Saybrook ( great butcher!)

I have room for 4 at deck table I’m thinking @Deepster a good 3rd. @notthestuff has to be in too ( my dark horse winner).

I live with a teacher who now ( for obvious reasons ) has pro live streaming gear. You guys want to next level boneyard? Here’s your chance!!! I’ll even cut heads off of live stream to protect anonymity if that is desired .
THIS....NEEDS....TO....HAPPEN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We just need 4 contestants.

Am I going have to join? I wanna be sheriff!
Then you will need these:

1600444943367.png

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sheriff is schooling her line cook.

He put a steak on the white cutting board in the middle. She immediately threw it back on the pink one and motioned with her tongs with a, "Get out of my sight. You make me sick," kind of gesture.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh no. I said I'm in.

There's no way I am going to come close.....but that sort of excuse never stopped me from hurting my body before.
A ha. My bad, sorry.

I knew you said you'd love to hit the Big Texan challenge and have us watch you fail, but I didn't realize you agreed to challenge @Dove head to head for the @August_West challenge.

Good on you. I still agree to hurt my body in all sorts of ways for reasons that seem frivolous or gratuitous to others, but this is one that interests me only as a spectator.

Reaction Score
did you see her flip it over to use the "clean" side? A legend.
if Yoda wore a cowboy hat, had a long braid down to his arse, had rings on every finger and weilded tongs like a light saber, he still wouldn't be Sheriff.

August_West

Reaction Score
I have next week off. But I'm not driving 8 hours for top sirloin. And I wouldn't agree to more than 48 oz. But I am still stupid enough to at least consider a challenge.

I would definitely consider eating 3 lbs of Jamaican jerk wings if the proper pimento branches were used.
Did you not read my posts? I’ll buy by prime cuts of whatever at whatever weight contestants agree upon ( I’m thinking 36 Oz minimum

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Did you not read my posts? I’ll buy by prime cuts of whatever at whatever weight contestants agree upon ( I’m thinking 36 Oz minimum

Yes, I read the posts. I was telling you my conditions.

I think 36oz is too light. I know I can polish off a 20 oz porterhouse with baked potato, salad & a beer and still look at the dessert menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom