The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 30 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good morning big Texans.

will sheriff be on the grill for prep and lunch rush this morning? I can’t wait to find out
There’s gotta be a contact us page, right? Maybe just email and tell them you’re a part of the sheriff fan club and ask for her grill schedule.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Good morning big Texans.

will sheriff be on the grill for prep and lunch rush this morning? I can’t wait to find out

Boneyard 0-10 on winners.

Can we get one today!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's CW on how you should get your steak cooked? Wouldn't more cook be easier to eat?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What's CW on how you should get your steak cooked? Wouldn't more cook be easier to eat?
Assuming it's sirloin, my sweet spot is medium/medium rare. If you nail it, it breaks down as soon as you bite it.

Do you have to eat the potato skin to win? Not a problem for me, but it may be for many.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I would not want it cooked any further than medium. Regardless if it were easier to eat or not, I need flavor. Especially when staring down the barrel of 5.5+ lbs. of food.

August_West

Reaction Score
Assuming it's sirloin, my sweet spot is medium/medium rare. If you nail it, it breaks down as soon as you bite it.

Do you have to eat the potato skin to win? Not a problem for me, but it may be for many.

I think you have to go rare/medium rare simply because it’s on your plate for 60 minutes. It will keep rising in temp those first 20. Its top sirloin, even medium is too chewy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm thinking I would start by cutting all of the steak and then mixing it with the baked potato, doing a little steak salad, making a mini steak slider with the roll, then attacking the steak and taking occasional breaks for a shrimp cocktail when your jaws get tired.

August_West

Reaction Score
Sheriff with the mushroom prep!

Reaction Score
I'm thinking I would start by cutting all of the steak and then mixing it with the baked potato, doing a little steak salad, making a mini steak slider with the roll, then attacking the steak and taking occasional breaks for a shrimp cocktail when your jaws get tired.
you could be the back-to-back main feature with @Dove for the Boneyard 72oz Steak Challenge®

August_West

Reaction Score
Can we all actually in all seriousness give it up for Sheriff?! She is in there at 9 am. Not a soul within 50 yards of her for next hour, but properly all masked up setting an example for all mankind. The world needs more Sheriff's.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can we all actually in all seriousness give it up for Sheriff?! She is in there at 9 am. Not a soul within 50 yards of her for next hour, but properly all masked up setting an example for all mankind. The world needs more Sheriff's.
She has some serious focus today. No messing around.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I would not want it cooked any further than medium. Regardless if it were easier to eat or not, I need flavor. Especially when staring down the barrel of 5.5+ lbs. of food.
That's what the cannister of seasoning is for. Flavor.

Ya know what's sad? I was driving in to work wondering what was in the mix. Salt? Pepper? Cumin? Onion powder? Adobo?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Aside from stomach training prior...I think I would start eating the steak while also cutting up the whole thing into 1" cubes. Mini sips of water as I go. (I wonder if Coke would dissolve the steak while in the stomach), Occasional side bites as I go.

Reaction Score
Aside from stomach training prior...I think I would start eating the steak while also cutting up the whole thing into 1" cubes. Mini sips of water as I go. (I wonder if Coke would dissolve the steak while in the stomach), Occasional side bites as I go.
Boneyard 72oz Steak Challenge®

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Boneyard 72oz Steak Challenge®
If it was Cajun chicken pasta I would be all in. Keep the overcooked meat wad.

August_West

Reaction Score
you could be the back-to-back main feature with @Dove for the Boneyard 72oz Steak Challenge®

We are doing this. I’ll cook the steak.

@8893 and @Dove sit on the deck at my place ( they know where I live and they live close)

And here’s the incentive. I will buy all the steaks of whatever cut is agreed to in true big Texan fashion . If they finish the agreed to amounts Steak is on me me. If they don’t finish they donate 1/2 cost of steaks to a boneyard charity agreed upon. So either way I’m out of money, but if they lose it goes to good cause. I will buy the steaks at walts in old Saybrook ( great butcher!)

I have room for 4 at deck table I’m thinking @Deepster a good 3rd. @notthestuff has to be in too ( my dark horse winner).

I live with a teacher who now ( for obvious reasons ) has pro live streaming gear. You guys want to next level boneyard? Here’s your chance!!! I’ll even cut heads off of live stream to protect anonymity if that is desired .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's what the cannister of seasoning is for. Flavor.

Ya know what's sad? I was driving in to work wondering what was in the mix. Salt? Pepper? Cumin? Onion powder? Adobo?
The seasoning should be a compliment. Whether I am grilling or smoking, I like to taste the meat as well. Regarding the rub, garlic powder is in there, no doubt and a probably a dash of chili or cayenne pepper.

Buy a jar from website! I did.
How big is that $14 container? Could you post a pic of the back label when it comes in?

August_West

Reaction Score
The seasoning should be a compliment. Whether I am grilling or smoking, I like to taste the meat as well. Regarding the rub, garlic powder is in there, no doubt and a probably a dash of chili or cayenne pepper.

How big is that $14 container? Could you post a pic of the back label when it comes in?

I’ve been checking shipping for two days. Hasn’t made it out of Amarillo yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog