The all things Boyle Merged Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The all things Boyle Merged Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
This is from Wikipedia but it has been talked about here before.

Orlovsky threw for 1,379 yards and nine touchdowns on 128 of 269 passing (47.6 percent) while being intercepted 11 times. This year the team went 2-9

Starting every game as a sophomore, Orlovsky hit on 221 of 366 attempts (60.4 percent), with 19 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. His 2,488 yards passing rank fourth on the school's season-record list. Year 2 the team went 6-6. This was when the team was playing as an independent before joining the Big East.

More information here: http://www.totalfootballstats.com/PlayerQB.asp?id=2993
See your point now thanks

Reaction Score
Next year when Whitmer is gone it will be an open competition again. Even if Boyle wins, the NC State transfer and the LI frosh (both Diaco recruits) will be given a much better chance than Boyle has gotten this far.

At this point Diaco is the last person left in Connecticut who still believes in CW.

HCBD said he would give Boyle the 4th series. The 4th series started in the red zone after a fumble, a great place to start. Instead, Diaco who believes Whitmer has special red zone skills changed the plan and sent in his pet player. Whitmer lost yards and more yards and turned great field position into a 45 yard FG - which was missed.

So much for Boyle's fair chance. He got the next possession much further away from points.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Next year when Whitmer is gone it will be an open competition again. Even if Boyle wins, the NC State transfer and the LI frosh (both Diaco recruits) will be given a much better chance than Boyle has gotten this far.
You would think there is a reason - you would think.
Otherwise you would say its personal.

Reaction Score
I thought you might comment on the bonehead throw that Boyle tossed. Maybe that is where you should begin?

IF ... the plan is for Boyle to gradually mature & find his way into a bigger role by game 8, what will Palatine say then?

Reaction Score
I'm ok with getting Shirreffs onto the field. He appears to have some dual threat ability and great size for the position. Tebow like size with better throwing mechanics.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Diaco really likes his recruits to play right away (especially the NCST transfer), I would expect Boyle to transfer if he knows he's at a disadvantage going into next spring.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If Diaco really likes his recruits to play right away (especially the NCST transfer), I would expect Boyle to transfer if he knows he's at a disadvantage going into next spring.
Yep - he doesn't seem to be the answer.

Reaction Score

Shirreffs is different. He got playing time his Freshman year. He will be a RS Soph next year and he will have had all season and off-season to learn the system and get in tune with the WR's.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure there is any indication that Boyle is not being treated fairly. He had one good drive against Boise. What else do we have to go on?

Reaction Score
Typical Palatine thread.

I'm not playing along.

Typical Jimmy, not responding to anything I posted, just name calling and adding nothing. So why does he post on thread?

I posted at least four things Jimmy could respond to or argue with, many others seemed to find them.

If you don't agree with my premise, fine. But don't accuse me of not supporting my view with evidence because I did. What's the point jimmy?

Reaction Score
I am conflicted. The issue is that they both might stink. Based on the limited playtime he got last year it is possible that as much as Whittmer struggles Boyle might even be further behind. Neither last years staff was anxious to play him and quick to make a change nor this staff which clearly made him third string and has not shown a ton of interest in playing him. I am resigned to the fact that Boyle might never be the qb and there might be a good reason. Should a switch be made we might quickly see why he has trouble getting on the field

Reaction Score
Newsome was the lone bright spot offensively yesterday.

True freshman qb. Should have clarified.

True freshman can be big contributors to a team, but there are some positions that just have a steep learning curve. QB is one of them.

Reaction Score
I think Boyle gets extra love from the Yard since he is big, from Connecticut and the back-up (most popular player on any football team). Agree with Scotty, two coaching administrations have not turned the keys over to Boyle which tells me he hasn't earned the burn yet

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As we now (finally) have a bye week, the opportunity to work on specifics (personnel changes, alterations in schemes) is now available.

There are too many people here who believe that this is similar to playing Madden, where moving from the New York Jets offensive playbook to the New Orleans Saints offensive playbook can be completed in the matter of a few minutes and will solve all offensive shortcomings. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way as the changes everyone wants take time to teach and the players need time to develop. In August many here were ready to label Knappe as the next great offensive lineman (although none of us had ever seen him in an actual game). Today many are ready to ride him out of town on a rail.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
With this line, giving the QB a "chance" is almost guaranteed to mean "a chance to get his head knocked off". So the answer is no, Boyle will not be given a "chance" until the OL can protect him.

But he did throw a pretty nice spiral on that INT, so he's got that going for him.

Reaction Score
Anybody want to bet some beers?

The starting QB next season will be the transfer from NCST. UCONN will have dual threat QBs moving forward under Diaco.

Reaction Score
Anyone think diaco has some loyalty to Whitmer because he decided to come back under certain conditions.

I realize if he's not getting the job done he's got to go, just a possible theory

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If the only hope we have to beat Tulane is to surprise them we have no hope at all.

I agree with you. But, sadly, the element of surprise would have definitely helped us win. We might not win another game this season.

Reaction Score
Typical Jimmy, not responding to anything I posted, just name calling and adding nothing. So why does he post on thread?

I posted at least four things Jimmy could respond to or argue with, many others seemed to find them.

If you don't agree with my premise, fine. But don't accuse me of not supporting my view with evidence because I did. What's the point jimmy?

The point is that the "evidence" you present is based on some made up fantasy that exists in your mind.

What have you seen from Boyle that makes you think he's remotely ready? Why on earth would Diaco play favorites with the most important position on the field? Did you know that Diaco gets evaluated based on how his team performs? Why on earth would he not treat Boyle fairly?

The whole concept is bizarre. And was made up based on absolutely nothing but your burning desire to hail the backup QB.

Reaction Score
No more Whitmer. No more Boyle. No more conventional QB. We don't have an OL to block for a conventional offense so it's time to shift to a non-conventional offense. Wildcat Foxx and play read-option on every single play. Put WRs in motion to add more option wrinkles. Throw the ball maybe 2 or 3 times per game with Foxx or a halfback. Then take cover and hope that 2015 comes soon enough.

Two losses away from being ineligible for post season .... I ask how does this benefit the program in any way for the future?

Reaction Score
We haven't seen much from Boyle this year. But isn't that the point? We know he's not Whitmer and while I have mixed feelings about putting anyone behind that line, only a 4 or 5 game commitment as the starter will answer any questions. I think CW may be done and we'll see a Foxx-Boyle split from here on in. Even if we stay with CW it's just a question of time before he is put out rather than taken out of the rotation.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess is that Boyle will get a ton of reps from tomorrow until 10/10 and play the bulk of the Tulane game (regardless of who starts).

Reaction Score
I think Boyle gets extra love from the Yard since he is big, from Connecticut and the back-up (most popular player on any football team). Agree with Scotty, two coaching administrations have not turned the keys over to Boyle which tells me he hasn't earned the burn yet

Then why does Diaco keep saying he's UConn future... He either is or isn't... The bench doesn't really help to determine that now does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom