The all things Boyle Merged Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The all things Boyle Merged Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With this line, giving the QB a "chance" is almost guaranteed to mean "a chance to get his head knocked off". So the answer is no, Boyle will not be given a "chance" until the OL can protect him.

But he did throw a pretty nice spiral on that INT, so he's got that going for him.

Beats lame duck INTs that turn into pick 6's

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The point is that the "evidence" you present is based on some made up fantasy that exists in your mind.

The whole concept is bizarre. And was made up based on absolutely nothing but your burning desire to hail the backup QB.
Not quite. It was based on stuff he made up plus Pal's self assessment that he is smarter than the coaches.

Now, can you disprove that claim over the Internet? No, you can't. Therefore, Pal is smarter that Diaco. Case closed.

Reaction Score
Then why does Diaco keep saying he's UConn future... He either is or isn't... The bench doesn't really help to determine that now does it?
I've not heard Diaco say this.

Reaction Score
Heard Diaco say lots of good things about Boyle in that video, but never heard him referred to as "the future." Still, maybe it's time to give him a legitimate shot. I don't buy the whole avoid injury, don't ruin his confidence, etc. arguments. Anyone playing at this level wants to be in the game, and is not afraid of getting hurt or making a mistake. Sorry, but nobody that delicate makes it this far. If he just isn't good enough, then I'm ok with that, but I don't buy the idea of protecting his body or his ego.

Reaction Score
Newsome was the lone bright spot offensively yesterday.
Not on KO returns. He took a lot of big hits. When decides to run it out of the end zone he better make it past the 25. I don't think one time he ran it out he even made it to the twenty.

Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: #UConn QB commit Tyler Davis threw for 143 yards & 2 TDs, ran for 373 and 3 TDs in win over Elmont Memorial http://post original url/z5WcGwRGjT

Update on other 2015 commits: http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/plenty-of-highlights-for-uconn-commits.html

>>Chris Lee caught six passes for 96 yards including touchdown receptions of 10, 8 and 7 yards but his Severna Park (Md.) team lost 28-27 to Annapolis in overtime.

Frank Battle had four catches for 116 yards to lead his Belen Jesuit squad to a 10-7 win over South Fort Myers on Friday. Battle has 12 catches for 171 yards in the first four games of the season.

Nazir Williams had five catches for 84 yards including a 30-yard touchdown in Bridgeton (N.J.) High's 27-26 loss to River Dell.

Aaron Garland returned an interception 25 yards for a touchdown in Fenwick (Ill.) High's 38-0 win over DePaul Prep<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just leave him alone. The last dozen guys crowned haven't added up to a single above average QB.

Reaction Score
Diaco is sparing Boyle from being seriously injured this year. I really believe that is why he is in there sporadically. Performes a few tailored plays then leaves

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Diaco is sparing Boyle from being seriously injured this year. I really believe that is why he is in there sporadically. Performes a few tailored plays then leaves
Makes sense. I think Boyle might get some more series depending on the opponent. Against the fast / big defenses, maybe you expose him less. Give him some more series against the lesser teams. When he played full games against the meat of the schedule last year he couldn't elevate his game. Maybe he will eventually, but not with this year's line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

This is idiotic if true. If he isn't safe don't play him at all. If they are in danger maybe don't send the guy with a bunch of concussions out there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This is idiotic if true. If he isn't safe don't play him at all. If they are in danger maybe don't send the guy with a bunch of concussions out there.

This is what I don't understand.

1) If he's hurt - why didn't we have a 3rd string QB at USF.

2) If he's not hurt, then why did we baby CW at USF

3) If he's "hurt but available" why is he seeing the field unnecessarily.

4) If he isn't hurt at all, I can't even imagine what he's thinking when the freaking WR is getting snaps at QB.

5) It's a safe assumption that CW is better than TB right now. Nobody can say who will be better, but at least TB may have a future.

6) If we're going to get killed every game,I'd say just roll with TB. He's never shown me anything and with this line it's possible he could get worse but man...I can't stomach CW anymore ( and I know he is isn't our main problem).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It is very simple. If Boyle was/is lighting it up in practice then he would be playing.
I'm sorry but wasn't Casey's rep that he was a poor practice player and then he was inserted into the 3rd to last game and we go one a three game winning streak while putting up very impressive numbers in some of those wins. So I don't buy the practice thing. Until he's put in a game, THIS SEASON, for the whole game, I'll start believing that he isn't any better than CW.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Any minute spent over the next two weeks not spent on figuring out a way to block at the lowest acceptable level is a minute that is completely wasted. The entire team should watch film, read books, and be in pads blocking for little old ladies at the pharmacy as they have their prescriptions filled if that's what it takes. We are riding a two-wheeled tricycle wondering why we are riding in circles and arguing whether we should mount a bell or horn on the handlebars.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Two losses away from being ineligible for post season .... I ask how does this benefit the program in any way for the future?

How does 10+ sacks a game, constant turnovers due to relentless pressure, and highly likely injury possibilities benefit our program for the future? Shirreffs and Davis are both dual threat QBs coming into the program next season. You implement read-option now and then hope for the best next year that someone from the Boyle/Shirreffs/Davis camp can hit the ground running. OL has more than a half season to block in a read-option and you also can develop the backs to play in read-option (which is equally as important). Along the way, we just might be able to move the ball more than a few feet per possession, score some points, win some games and gain some confidence heading into next year.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Next year when Whitmer is gone it will be an open competition again. Even if Boyle wins, the NC State transfer and the LI frosh (both Diaco recruits) will be given a much better chance than Boyle has gotten this far.

At this point Diaco is the last person left in Connecticut who still believes in CW.

HCBD said he would give Boyle the 4th series. The 4th series started in the red zone after a fumble, a great place to start. Instead, Diaco who believes Whitmer has special red zone skills changed the plan and sent in his pet player. Whitmer lost yards and more yards and turned great field position into a 45 yard FG - which was missed.

So much for Boyle's fair chance. He got the next possession much further away from points.

Nothing says "should be starting" like a QB rating under 64.

He had the worst QB rating in football last year and it's lower this year.

What are you expecting out of him?

C

Chief00

I don't think Diaco has given Boyle a fair shot. A fair shot would be to start him and play Tim for at least a half; preferably a game. CW has repeatedly been given that chance and has been quite frankly a total disaster.

Reaction Score
It disappoints me that We may never know how well Boyle can play. Last year thrown into the jaws of our schedule with a new head coach, not a reasonable audition. Witmer may be a good guy but he is not the guy. Give Boyle a shot thru the end of the year. He has a great arm and quick slants, posts should be effective. If not, let him transfer and let other top state programs send their players elsewhere. Diaco is becoming the first UConn coach I have ever hated. Now let the traditional Boneyard mudslinging begin.

Reaction Score
Here's what's not working- Whitmer. If we don't see more Boyle next game, then you have ask the question is it personal.

Diaco has burned up his good will with generally poor, mistake laden efforts. So, the harder questions have to start to be asked. Got to stick with guy, but we don't have the luxury of giving him a free pass either.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It disappoints me that We may never know how well Boyle can play. Last year thrown into the jaws of our schedule with a new head coach, not a reasonable audition. Witmer may be a good guy but he is not the guy. Give Boyle a shot thru the end of the year. He has a great arm and quick slants, posts should be effective. If not, let him transfer and let other top state programs send their players elsewhere. Diaco is becoming the first UConn coach I have ever hated. Now let the traditional Boneyard mudslinging begin.

No mudsling however -
1. There are already mutliple QB and Boyle posts - we didnt need another.
2. If the UConn staff is going to start calling slants for Boyle and not Whitmer I dont know what to say. The pass playcalling should be 3 step drops for ALL QB's.
3. If you thought last year was NOT a reasonabe audition I dont know why you believe the rest of the year would be behind this OL. Last year the audition wasnt reasonable for Boyle for perfectly reasonable for Casy to shine. He had a bit of an audition on Saturday - didnt go too well - 1 for 4 and an overthrow to a wide open receiver caught by a thrid string DB wearing white.
4. No one is preventing him from transfering so if he would like to take his talents to South Beach or anywhere else he is free to do so. Dont make it sound like he is being prevented from being a future heisman candidate.
5. You are correct - Boyle is the savior and the answer - only our coaching staff doesnt see it that way - the paid professionals, the guys who have done this for a living.
6. Would you be clamoring this much for Boyle if he was from Illinois and not the 'local hero' who was told by his first school choice 'you dont fit our offense - look elsewhere' after a coaching change? Bob Diaco like the mobile QB - FACT, the same way Addazio does at BC. If you are going to tell me he is mobile I mean similar to Shireffs and Davis and Foxx mobile.

Go TEAM!!

Reaction Score
The paid professionals did not realize that Casey would make such a huge difference. They are not infallible, that's why they get fired. This is a critical time in uconn football. IF this hire turns out to be a mistake, it places us in a hole from which we may never be able to climb out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom