That wasn't foul | Page 3 | The Boneyard

That wasn't foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
when Geno got the T, that was a body on body block. nothing wrong there.

It's a good thing the basketball IQ of Husky men's fans aren't scrutinized by the NCAA.
We would be looking at another year of penalties !

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

"Body on body blocks" fly in football and hockey, not in basketball against a player in the act of shooting. Not close or debatable... a clear foul. I'm shocked that after all the replays and commentary of the broadcast crews and 'yarders you can maintain such amazingly misplaced self-confidence in your position.

Reaction Score
It's a good thing the basketball IQ of Husky men's fans aren't scrutinized by the NCAA.
We would be looking at another year of penalties !

No need to malign them over this. Huskyforlife started another thread on this subject over there, and the view on the play was unanimous (except for husky himself): it was an obvious, easy foul call.

Reaction Score
One question,,,,,, are you familiar with the game "BASKETBALL"............not worth saying anymore

Reaction Score
Tip off, when Huskyforlife does not know who Dee Kantner is......Case closed.....

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Because you are blind and don't know the rules.
Does that qualify him/her to be a WCBB Referee?

Seriously though, I would like to hear the actual Referees ( as opposed to armchair referees) explanation of the "no call."

Anything that calls attention to the poor quality of refereeing in WCBB is a good thing, IMHO.

Reaction Score
On a vaguely related note (fouling), there's this.

AFoBb6i.jpg

Not trying to troll / play devil's advocate - I just found it sort of hilarious; it's an involuntary "facepalm." :D

Reaction Score
Not going to respond to trolls, but if you look at the technical. He actually "signaled" two technicals that would have ejected Geno. He may/may not been intending to call the second....but he did signal TWO technicals. Why didn't he throw him out?....BECAUSE HE KNEW ALL THREE ZEBRAS MISSED THE FOULD CALL.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

AFoBb6i.jpg

Not trying to troll / play devil's advocate - I just found it sort of hilarious; it's an involuntary "facepalm." :D

BTW, Breanna's face palm was called a foul.

Reaction Score
Not going to respond to trolls, but if you look at the technical. He actually "signaled" two technicals that would have ejected Geno. He may/may not been intending to call the second....but he did signal TWO technicals. Why didn't he throw him out?....BECAUSE HE KNEW ALL THREE ZEBRAS MISSED THE FOULD CALL.
I initially thought that also. I was sitting directly behind the Maryland bench about 7 rows up. Freeze was questioning whether the last shot was a 3 or a two. The ref kept showing the Maryland bench 2 fingers. He did it like 4 times. that is probably what you think was the ref signaling 2 technicals.

Reaction Score

AFoBb6i.jpg

Stewie's comment, "you might not want to see this"

Reaction Score

AFoBb6i.jpg

Clearly the Maryland players face fouling Breanna's hand. This is why I hate refs :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What is amazing is they completely fail to address the question asked and basically demonstrate their incompetence.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
What is amazing is they completely fail to address the question asked and basically demonstrate their incompetence.

I only saw one disagree, the rest agreed it was a foul with great certainty. Most of the arguing is over Geno and the T. Maybe there's more to the discussion that I missed. I just saw 2 pages

Reaction Score
It's no surprise that a coach who racks up Ts like Geno wouldn't be the most liked in a forum of zebras. ;)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's no surprise that a coach who racks up Ts like Geno wouldn't be the most liked in a forum of zebras. ;)

Can you tell us how many he's gotten in the last five years? :rolleyes:

And yes, it seems most of the discussion was on the when, where of the T, not if it was a blown call (which they seem to agree it was).

Of course, it's quite possible they're all incompetent. Most of them officiate men's games....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno doesn't rack up Ts much anymore. Hasn't for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom