That wasn't foul | The Boneyard

That wasn't foul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
when Geno got the T, that was a body on body block. nothing wrong there.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
when Geno got the T, that was a body on body block. nothing wrong there.
Except for the complete takedown of Faris's left arm. Oh, and the body-on-body contact, which, last time I checked, was a fould.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Except for the complete takedown of Faris's left arm. Oh, and the body-on-body contact, which, last time I checked, was a fould.
She did not take down her left arm. And regular body on body is not a foul, otherwise every post up would be a foul

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cute that Dee Kantner has taken on a UConn handle and is posting on the Boneyard. That can be the only explanation for this post.

We aren't buying it, Dee. Neither did Geno, or the game announcers or the in-studio announcers.
who?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No, I don't want to waste my time. However, you should try and explain how it was not a foul to the announcers, the ESPN half time crew, and the other multitudes who saw it differently.
honestly I would if I could. It was hilarious how bad they thought the call was.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That wasn't a post up, that was a drive. That wasn't body on body, that was contact instigated by the defender violating the law of verticality. I thought you were kidding.
It was a block. I was using the post up as an example for what body on body means and why's its not a foul

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
LMAO

Body on body contact, as well as lots of other contact in the game, is not a foul because no advantage is created. Contact that creates an advantage is callable as a foul. Doesn't mean refs will call every one of them - sometimes they set the bar pretty high.

Having said that, anyone who construes that play as anything other than a foul on the MD player needs to have their head examined. It was without question the worst non-call I can remember seeing. And yes I have ref'd (at the high school level not college, but still).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
P.S. that play is called as a foul at every level of the game, men's and women's, without exception. It's the closest thing to a no-brainer foul call as you will see in the game. Go find 10 refs, have them watch the replay, and see if any one of them expresses even the slightest doubt that that was a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom