Texas loses to Oklahoma | The Boneyard

Texas loses to Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
A team that definitely seems to have peaked too early in the season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
cockhrnleghrn said:
A team that definitely seems to have peaked too early in the season.

I guess

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ribeye_bonein_11_lrg.jpg

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Texas shot 16/64 and 4/23 3s. Total of 48 fouls called in the game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well at least Texas's #101 SOS in Sagarin should dip into double digit territory now. Yep, Easy Street has now filled with potholes for the Horns.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Who will be the next team to swan dive out of the upper reaches? Pretty sure it ain't gonna be the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Texas shot 16/64 and 4/23 3s. Total of 48 fouls called in the game.
That's not only lousy three point shooting (17%) but lousy two point shooting (29%) and you don't win a lot of games shooting those numbers. They seemed to be playing quite well and suddenly ran head first into a stone wall.

Reaction Score
They did lose Ariel Atkins to injury.

10 ppg
42% FG
#3 scorer
That's not only lousy three point shooting (17%) but lousy two point shooting (29%) and you don't win a lot of games shooting those numbers. They seemed to be playing quite well and suddenly ran head first into a stone wall.

Texas is shooting 28% of 3 pointers for the season - they make 3.3 per game. This wasn't just an off night

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I didnt see the whole game but what I did see there seemed to be some chippiness between the teams. Elbows, players knocked down, etc.

Reaction Score
I didnt see the whole game but what I did see there seemed to be some chippiness between the teams. Elbows, players knocked down, etc.

What Icebear said. It's Texas-Oklahoma. I don't care what sport it is, or if women are playing it. There will be chippiness, there will be elbows, there will be people knocked down. It's Texas-Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
We get UT Monday in Waco. Hope Astpn waits one more week to turn it around.

UT is HUGE but not slick. OU is an average bball team. Them being 4-0 in conference will not stand up. Iowa State is a just flat-out BAD bball team yet they pulled the upset over UT as did OU.

We are tiny, tiny in the paint (at least once our starting big gets her typical 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes. Our two soph #4 and #5 can play with anybody skill wise. They're just tiny compared to UT. (6'0 and 6'3)

I fear Monday for the ladybears. At the same time those HUGE UT posts just lost two in a row to unranked teams, so perhaps those ladies were overrated not only for the season but as part of the top recruiting classes Aston has put together the past few years.

Reaction Score
Texas gets Atkins, and Brianna Taylor back for Baylor. This should help, however, I still think Texas a year away from being a top team.

Reaction Score
Well, so much for fearing UT. They are HUGE in the paint, but helterskelter on offense and out of control on fouls.

They also lost two ladies to injuries last night. One looked like just a bad ankle. The other (and I forget her name; a forward) had all the signs of an ACL.

Mulkey pulled one of her best coaching plans EVER. Davis simply could not get a rebound underneath the ladies 6-8 " taller. And Texas was not shooting well. Mulkey pulled Davis to the perimeter, and then because the UT guards weren't used to paying attenetion to her, she was a perpetual snowbird. We probably scored 10 point on Davis 20 taking off down the court on any long rebound that our ladies had a decent shot at.

UT MIGHT be a power next year, but I was not impressed at ALL with the bball skills of thier BIGS. Their recruiting classses have been ranked the last three yeaers on base of heighth. But those ladies are pretty one dimensional. A big man camp this summer could do them wonders.

We also played about as well as ANY recent team has played on off-ball man defense. UT had no where to pass the ball--tall, and if the have a set offense, they never ran it much. But then again, our off-ball man defense was in their face the whole night.

Neither team cranked up many threes. It was simply a "hustle" game of who wants the ball and the rbound the most.

Kudos to Mulkey for one of the best motivational and coaching games of her Baylor career. And I know some of you will be disapointed, but she really is taming down on the sideline (of course we were up by 13 at half so she hadn't had too many calls go bad).

OU is THE suprise of the year. No way I thought Coale had a teame this year. Bad on me.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Kudos to Mulkey for one of the best motivational and coaching games of her Baylor career. And I know some of you will be disapointed, but she really is taming down on the sideline (of course we were up by 13 at half so she hadn't had too many calls go bad).

Definitely seemed that way, but love those heels, the ones on Mulkey not the UNC type. I sure hope she never has to run on the court with them to protest a call, but she's so good with her stilettos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom