Texas Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Texas Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Is Marissa the head coach today? A couple of times they've showed her yelling at players - this time in the tunnel w/Crystal Dangerfield.

She may have had the scout for this game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A couple of other noteworthy stats:
No turnovers in the second quarter.
11 assists on 14 baskets compared to Texas' 4 assists on 12 baskets.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The 4th quarter should be interesting. Can the Texas bigs keep their stamina and play inside by then? Can the legs of the Texas guards hold up and continue to break down the UConn guards off the dribble by then. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Watching highlights of the Duke/South Carolina game. South Carolina is gonna struggle if teams play zone. The Lady Gamecocks can not shoot from outside.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Clearly Geno feels he has said enough and is letting his assistants do the sideline talking during the 1st half. He'll have his say at the halftime and during the 2nd half sideline talking.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Watching highlights of the Duke/South Carolina game. South Carolina is gonna struggle if teams play zone. The Lady Gamecocks can not shoot from outside.
Gray and Davis were hot against OSU. Did they hit from the perimeter or on drives?

Reaction Score
Currently at the game & Pheese is playing with incredible fire - you can see it in her eyes, sort of like Kia against DP though Kia has anyone beat on fire and passion. Pheese and Kia will be, imo, players of the game provided they keep this up.

Not surprised KLS got sat though. If I saw correctly, she seemed to get the ol' fashion silent treatment from Geno. I wonder if she'll start the second half.

Very passionate crowd though the median age seems to be 62 :p

JordyG

Reaction Score
I also want to see Danger step up defensively and offensively in the 2nd half. If KLS maintains her composure and plays well in the 2nd, it over.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Surprising 9 point lead by UConn considering Texas is dominating the boards (21-11) and KLS played 6 minutes and scored Zero points. Winning because of 12 assists on 14 made baskets. Also only 6 TO's, Texas has 13 Guess being 6 of 10 on 3 points shooting while Texas is 1-7 helps as well:)

Texas guards are having an easy time getting to the basket either making baskets or getting fouled

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would like to see Kia and KLS play the 3rd quarter without picking up their 3rd foul. Crystal also has two fouls.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Meanwhile while watching Cal vs Nebraska I see Jessica Shepard hasn't changed from last year. She's still undisciplined and 30 lbs. overweight. So much for the sophomore leap.

Reaction Score
True. Our bench is doing well. I guess KLS didn't want to play :cool:

Part she seemed out of it. Part is matching TX. They need to play Butler to bang with Tx bigs. Collier and Gabby need to match their athleticism on the boards. Then play 2 guards. The team played much better with that line up. With TX big getting 3 fouls, if they go smaller than UConn may change or Geno could play KLS more as a guard and keep the aforementioned front court.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KLS slow to rotate out leading to a three not going to engender good feelings from Geno.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Andy Landers jabbering about how quick Texas players are goes a long way to explain why he's an ex coach.

Another of his gems today was his statement that UConn doesn't have a "true" post who can play with her back to the basket.

Her name is Natalie. And she was on the floor when he said it, IIRC.

Reaction Score
I wonder whether UConn was looking past this game to the Notre Dame game.......wouldn't think Geno would let that happen but players are imperfect humans just like the rest of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom