terzi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

terzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He and his father have a Saturday morning radio show on WDRC radio.

Terzi Talk

Connecticut’s own father-son tag team takes to the airwaves twice a month on Saturday mornings with Terzi Talk!

Al Terzi is a veteran news anchor, on the air in Connecticut since 1968. He’s a two-time "Emmy Award" winner who began his broadcasting career in 1960 as a radio DJ, in Little Falls, NY. Al’s a Vietnam-era military veteran who served 7 years active duty in intelligence operations as a Korean and Chinese linguist working part-time in Armed Forces Radio in South Korea and Taiwan. His first television job was as a weathercaster in San Angelo, TX, followed by his storied career as a news anchor on Connecticut’s CBS (WFSB) and ABC (WTNH) affiliates. Following studies at both Yale University and Central Connecticut State University, Al earned his BA at Charter Oak State College, and in 1992, a law degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law.

Imagine getting paid for going to the Super Bowl, World Series, NCAA basketball Final Fours and a two-week trip to England and Israel. This is just a thumbnail sketch of what Tony Terzi’s exciting 20 years as a television and radio personality in Connecticut consisted of. With the guidance of his father, Tony was fortunate to serve as an on-air personality for various radio stations and as a sports reporter and anchor for Hartford’s NBC (WVIT) and Fox (WTIC) affiliates. While this multiple award winner and three-time Emmy nominee enjoyed his time in the local media, in February 2005, Tony traded in working nights and weekends for quality family time with his wife Susan and their two sons. For the past seven years, Tony has enjoyed his sales management and fundraising roles, but cherishes the opportunity to be a husband, father and coach the most.

Reaction Score
He spends a lot of time on Des's blog. At least he used to. I wouldn't know now as I stopped visiting the blog.

I just want to know how Terzi got the scoop before Ed D.

I'm extremely confident UConn not only has the lead but has a "back channel" offer. That doesn't mean it can't blow up but as was said in the movie War Games "confidence is high".

Reaction Score
This is kind of a weird tweet by Terzi. He is a media person putting his name behind a story, not some anonymous Internet persona. Wilner is the only other person who has come out definitively and taken a position on Louisville or UConn to the ACC. Terzi probably does have connections in the Big East. But when has he ever broken anything?

For the first time I am a little worried that Louisville is a real challenger to UConn for an ACC invitation.

You are so gullible. He is a media person in the same sense you are.

Reaction Score
Somebody said he has 23 twitter followers. My high school freshman son opened a twitter account last month and had 15 in a day because of robot followers. Terzi is trying to drum up followers/page hits. Just like Blaudschun.

He's up to 29.

Reaction Score
Anything is possible. Risk is Clem, Miami, FSU, VTech really vocal about adding fball strength and somehow Louisville is perceived as helping.

Others schools may just not care enough if it means holding ACC together.
Right. And Jurich is probably giving the team a pep talk that the future of Louisville athletics rides on this game. And PP is probably mumbling and drooling, telling the guys, "Let's go!"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He spends a lot of time on Des's blog. At least he used to. I wouldn't know now as I stopped visiting the blog.

I just want to know how Terzi got the scoop before Ed D.

I'm extremely confident UConn not only has the lead but has a "back channel" offer. That doesn't mean it can't blow up but as was said in the movie War Games "confidence is high".

I tend to agree with you.

I also got tony Terzi confused with Al Terzi. Tony Terzi is a nobody. The difference between Tony Terzi and mhver3 is that mhver3 is actually has a track record of being right every now and then. Tony Terzi is just putting himself out on a limb so that if he is right, he can say "I told you so" and have some credibility. If he is wrong, no one will remember because who cares about Tony Terzi?

Reaction Score
In fairness, he's sure gotten a lot of mileage out of that "They're Great!" tagline.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you.

I also got tony Terzi confused with Al Terzi. Tony Terzi is a nobody. The difference between Tony Terzi and mhver3 is that mhver3 is actually has a track record of being right every now and then. Tony Terzi is just putting himself out on a limb so that if he is right, he can say "I told you so" and have some credibility. If he is wrong, no one will remember because who cares about Tony Terzi?
And what is so amazing is that Al Terzi is still around. Janet Peckinpaugh, a local, very blond, TV personality, brought suit against Al Terzi (Tony's father) and Channel 3 in federal court for sexual harassment, and she hit for $8 Mill back in 1999. She accused Al of propositioning her and groping her, and then Channel 3 fired her when she complained about it. Channel 3 defended the case and lost big. They couldn't exactly use the real reason they got rid of her (they found someone younger and prettier), because that would have played right into the age discrimination count that Peckinpaugh also brought - she lost on that one. But $8 Mill still works well. Anyway, the point I was making is that it is amazing that Al Terzi survived as a Connecticut newscaster after that debacle, but somehow he did. Son Tony never amounted to much, however.

Reaction Score
Tony Terzi is a play-by-play announcer wannabe who has dreams of greatness. He's pissed as local media outlets for his own ineptiude. He lashes out at UConn at any & all opportunities. Hit the "ignore" switch.

Reaction Score
And what is so amazing is that Al Terzi is still around. Janet Peckinpaugh, a local, very blond, TV personality, brought suit against Al Terzi (Tony's father) and Channel 3 in federal court for sexual harassment, and she hit for $8 Mill back in 1999. She accused Al of propositioning her and groping her, and then Channel 3 fired her when she complained about it. Channel 3 defended the case and lost big. They couldn't exactly use the real reason they got rid of her (they found someone younger and prettier), because that would have played right into the age discrimination count that Peckinpaugh also brought - she lost on that one. But $8 Mill still works well. Anyway, the point I was making is that it is amazing that Al Terzi survived as a Connecticut newscaster after that debacle, but somehow he did. Son Tony never amounted to much, however.

Say it isn't so. When I was a kid in the late 80s I always turned to Janet Peckinpaugh and Al Terzi for news. Hearing that she sued him for sexual harassment is right up there with finding out my parents are the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus in terms of wrecking my illusions of childhood

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Ahh Janet....she was pretty darned attractive when she first arrived on the scene.

Reaction Score
Say it isn't so. When I was a kid in the late 80s I always turned to Janet Peckinpaugh and Al Terzi for news. Hearing that she sued him for sexual harassment is right up there with finding out my parents are the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus in terms of wrecking my illusions of childhood
Hearing he thought he had a shot was even more disturbing.

Reaction Score
So Toni Terzi says ACC probably getting Louisville and Blaudschun says ACC probably going with UConn.

Who to trust....hmmm

Reaction Score

#terziscrewed

:)

GG

Reaction Score
Meant to post this to this thread, but posted it to another (don't ask).
FWIW, MHVER3 says we are in. Dude of WV says UCONN and UL are in. If you are going to buy what terzi says, why not these guys. I will believe it once it is done, but MHVER3 called the Big 10 move over a month ago.
GG, 36 minutes ago #25

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We already trashed Terzi earlier this week in another thread, he must be lashing out.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty purrs contentedly and says:
You sir, with the perspicacity of this post, are fit to use my image as an avatar!

CL82

Reaction Score
This makes perfect sense if Uconn has a Big 10 invite.

No, we're doomed (even if I've been wondering the same thing.)

CL82

Reaction Score
Right. And Jurich is probably giving the team a pep talk that the future of Louisville athletics rides on this game. And PP is probably mumbling and drooling, telling the guys, "Don't let George down. His job is riding on this game"

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Why is there a thread about the opinion of a guy with 30 followers?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty purrs contentedly and says:
You sir, with the perspicacity of this post, are fit to use my image as an avatar!
Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bballbeast