Terrence Samuel Transferring | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Calhoun tried very hard to get Donnell Beverly to stay, and Beverly did. And he contributed. Sorry to see TSam go.
He did, but he also got surpassed in the lineup by a freshman PG by his senior year, and that was the backup PG spot. Who knows what things will look like by his senior year, but I don't blame TSam if he wanted to avoid a similar fate. Either way I hope he kills it wherever he winds up.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You probably have the culprit on ignore
Wow that is too harsh! Tsam was critical to our run and was a good defensive guard. He had a place as long as it wasn't being the back-up or starting point guard. He didn't have the handle of skills to play that position.

Who wanted him kicked off the team?

I have no one on Ignore. The fact that I actually ignore them and don't quote their posts is good enough for me. They already know they are not fans. My validation won't affect that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, 2016 just went from "big" to "huge."

re: Terrence, I kind of hope he ends up at St. John's and kicks the hell out of Providence, Georgetown and Villanova a little bit. And I hope we never have to face him in the tournament.
We love him because he's a great kid and he helped us win a championship, he also sucked last year. He will always be remembered very fondly around here for his huge plays during our tourny run, also he's a nice kid so that adds to it.

Reaction Score
Something is afoot. If it was not related to something very recent, I believe he would have indicated earlier an intent to transfer during, or soon after the player exit meetings. Only 2 new things have occurred recently (one involves a big man with immediate eligibility) and the other one we all know. Also, J. Adams committed long ago so there would have been rumblings earlier on if Adams alone was the reason. Anyway, wish Tsam best wherever he goes. He always had a smile on his face and showed great tenacity and genuinely cared about doing well for the team and fans. We’ll miss you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He did, but he also got surpassed in the lineup by a freshman PG by his senior year, and that was the backup PG spot. Who knows what things will look like by his senior year, but I don't blame TSam if he wanted to avoid a similar fate. Either way I hope he kills it wherever he winds up.
T sam should be grateful if he ends up the same fate as bev, right? I mean samuel can't shoot anywhere on the floor. pretty much offers nothing to the table except some defensive ability. 6'3 shooting guard can't shoot for a lick. if gibbs isn't committing and tsam thinks he can get a better opp elsewhere, good luck with that.

C

Chief00

Actually this has been in the cards for a couple months. I always liked TSam - if it was a more successful team he might have accepted a great backup role on a really good team. But that was not the situation any more. I loved his attitude - he will be missed.
Best Wishes, TSam
Chief 00

Reaction Score
Besides contributing to a national championship team, you have to remember Terrence for his enthusiasm for UConn. The time between when he committed and arrived on campus was a turbulent time for the program, but he never backed off his commitment and couldn't wait to be in Storrs. His high school teammate shamiek sheppard is transferring out of South Carolina. It'll be interesting to see if they end up at the same school, hopefully in the nyc area.

Reaction Score
I wish TSam the best of luck and offer him thanks for all the heart he showed during his years as a Husky. I think he deserves that in this thread.

I am sure any pieces of upcoming news that might have motivated his decision, if there even are any, will get plenty of threads of their own.

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm just seeing this now. I was always one of the biggest Samuel supporters, and I'm definitely disappointed to see him go. He was a huge part of our championship team, and always provided great energy and defense off the bench.

Good luck wherever you end up, Terrence. You will certainly be missed.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This really sucks... Seems like a great guy/teammate/repersentitve of the program. We don't win the title without his defense, hustle, and handle. Best of luck to Terrence Samuel, he should be very good for a lower level team. Husky for life...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So one insider says it has been in the cards for months (presumably dating back to mid-season?) and another is scared that he didn't hear about it but has heard that other players are presently seriously considering leaving.

What gives?

Reaction Score
I'm not going to reconcile who posted what. But all I hear is all kinds of TSam bashing. Now it is doomsday since he is leaving?

Thanks for the title. Wish him well. Regardless of if we get Gibbs or not.

Reaction Score
This is top grading in the business world. I'm all for it. Terrence wants to go to s place where he can play major minutes. He was great last FF.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did you just refer to Chief as an insider?
He is one of the people here who claim to have access to inside information. Personally, I believe he is posting from inside a psychiatric hospital. I was going to put quotes around "insider," but I decided to be less provocative.

Reaction Score
Its amazing how people show the kid love now, but during the season they wanted him gone.

Regardless, I hope he really takes off at his next school - if he develops a jumpshot he can be pretty good.

I think some people need to be able to figure out the difference between criticism and wanting a kid "gone". He had a rough year with little improvement which was somewhat of a surprise after seeing his key minutes during the NC. But I still think most would have liked him to accept his role and stayed for 4 years as a Husky. At least I think so?

Reaction Score
KO did a great job holding that Championship team together. But let's remember that they were JC's guys. I think last year KO saw the handwriting on the wall. He needed better players. The team also saw that. That's why TS left. If he ended up with significant PT next year it's because Ollie can't recruit anyone better. But they all know he's trying like hell. Let's see if he can pull it off.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of the TSam critics needed to learn to write and think like adults rather than petulant children.

Not sure who you would be talking about but it's a basketball forum. If you play or coach UConn criticism may come with the deal like it or not. And hell if it was all roses and every player was great we'd all be really bored wouldn't we?

Reaction Score
Not sure who you would be talking about but it's a basketball forum. If you play or coach UConn criticism may come with the deal like it or not. And hell if it was all roses and every player was great we'd all be really bored wouldn't we?
This is correct. But there's a difference between being justifiably critical and "He doesn't belong out there! He's not good enough to play at UConn! He's an example of why our athletics department is failing!", which was the tone of much of the TSam criticism.

I don't remember exactly who tended toward that sort of "criticism", but I'd guess that if I checked my ignore list I'd find out.

Regardless, we're now derailing this thread. I'm going to bow out, and just say - once again - that TSam is forever a champion and forever a Husky. I'll miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom