Tennessee topics (merged threads) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee topics (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think the most promising youngish coach in the country is Oregon State's Scott Rueck.
Didn't Holly beat Oregon State @OSU this year.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
WWMS? What will Margo say on Tuesday morning after the Gamecocks deliver a beat down in Knoxville? Which is what I think will happen. Game on ESPN2 at 7 PM on Monday, February 15. Tune in for the fun.

Reaction Score
We all want to be judged on our body of work and not by that day we showed up for a meeting with ketchup on our sleeve.

Reaction Score
Earth to Margo- the wheels have fallen off. You just haven't noticed it. Time to change those orange colored glasses, your prescription is out of date.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, the hair- having hair - is new and she dyed it orange. Give her credit for the strength of her convictions. Fans who love their teams through thick and thin are OK with me.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Walz isn't going anywhere. This has happened every year for the last 4-5 years. In the near future an article will be released that his contract was just extended and his base salary increased.
I agree with someone above, every time another program shows interest, it is good for his pocketbook.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Didn't Holly beat Oregon State @OSU this year.

Yup, she did last year, too. This season Tenn won by 3 points in Corvallis, last year Tenn won by 11 points in Knoxville. They lost to Notre Dame @ South Bend this season by 1 point.

But this doesn't at all change my position/opinion.

You've got to factor in the personnel. Oregon State's lineup features just 2 players that were ranked top 100 coming out of HS (Weisner #41, Wiese #80). Their 6'6" center from Canada was a project who averaged 4.4 ppg and 2.9 rpg as a freshman, but they developed her into perhaps a 1st round WNBA draft pick. Final two starters were 2* and 3* by ESPN coming out of HS.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Walz isn't going anywhere. This has happened every year for the last 4-5 years. In the near future an article will be released that his contract was just extended and his base salary increased. I agree with someone above, every time another program shows interest, it is good for his pocketbook.
It means he's doing something right.

Reaction Score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...red-discussing-sex-assault-culture/80227668/#

I imagine that would happen at most Campuses. I wonder if the administration would have been better off having the athletes say they are unable to discuss the situation because of the lawsuit. Might be better then having someone in the administration in front of reporters tell the players not to answer the question.
Hmm, reading the article it appears coach Holly believes it is the female students responsibility to be safe from sexual assault by traveling in groups at night. Apparently getting male athletes to stop committing sexual assault is not a viable option. It is little wonder they are being sued.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Given the stink TN fans made over the report filed on UConn that ended up with only 1 minor infraction I find it quite ironic that here we are again with TN self-reporting again as if by self-reporting it is as if it didn't happen at all.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
The Jack Daniels factory.

How many who were at the finals in Nashville took a tour here?

My brothers and I did - second tier highlight for us, ranked just below the games themselves.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
I liked the first part of your post, but what on earth makes you think Caldwell is anything but an average coach and an average recruiter? When she got to UCLA, she inherited some good players, recruited like crap, and left the program in shambles.

BTW i'm not trying to argue with you, but back several years ago when Tenn fans were talking about her taking over for Pat, and lauding her as a great coach, I went thru the history then. She's just awful. If anyone really argues that she's a good coach, it's an optical illusion perpetuated by delusional Tennessee fans...

I don't think Tenn fans are delusional anymore. In the numerous recent discussions on VolNation about who can save their program from the Holly era, Caldwell's name is polling pretty low - she would definitely not make the prime debate cut.

For that matter, neither is Tyler's name showing much love. I think the misery of this season has injected some realism into their fan base's collective thought process as to what the program needs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmm, reading the article it appears coach Holly believes it is the female students responsibility to be safe from sexual assault by traveling in groups at night. Apparently getting male athletes to stop committing sexual assault is not a viable option. It is little wonder they are being sued.
Holly is responsible for "Getting male athletes to stop committing sexual assault"?

cabbie191

Reaction Score

I think this is a totally unfair assessment of Holly. Just what would you expect her to say - "Yes, I have first hand knowledge about these assaults and I agree that the University (which happens to write my paycheck) has totally stonewalled the issue and is as guilty as charged!"

It is out of her control to monitor the actions of predatory men on and off campus, and specifically it is neither in her power nor her responsibility to monitor the actions of male athletes on campus - that belongs to their coaches.

What is within her power and responsibility is to talk with her players about what steps they can take to increase their safety on and off campus. I take her at her word that she has done this.

Reaction Score
Holly is responsible for "Getting male athletes to stop committing sexual assault"?
Sorry, poor wording on my part. I did not mean to imply that Holly is responsible. Her response makes sense when the University makes little or no effort to hold male athletes who commit sexual assault accountable for their crimes. That is the reason for the lawsuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Just had a thought that would plunge this entire thread into despair: Tennessee beats SC. I am sure we would find reasons why it does not really mean anything. But the real question at this point of evolution of the BY is who would we most want to see lose a game, Tennessee or SC? I vote to see SC lose and offer a few crumbs of congratulations to Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Just had a thought that would plunge this entire thread into despair: Tennessee beats SC. I am sure we would find reasons why it does not really mean anything. But the real question at this point of evolution of the BY is who would we most want to see lose a game, Tennessee or SC? I vote to see SC lose and offer a few crumbs of congratulations to Tennessee.

1. I don't know how many martinis you had this morning. Tennessee will not beat SCAR on Monday.

2. SCAR vs Lady Vols? It is a no-brainer. I want Tennessee to lose big. Speaking to the Parliament after Barbarossa started, Churchill said that he would say a few words in favor of the Devil if Hitler attacked hell. SCAR is a lot better than the Devil. If SCAR is invaded by the imperial forces, my choice is easy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't even have to think about this - GO GAMECOCKS!!

(Not that it will make any difference. SC will punish the LV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom