Tennessee topics (merged threads) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee topics (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
should put "Margo" in the title so folks would know what they're clicking on... only reason I clicked on it cause you're an "interesting" fella

Alright everyone. I just had an epiphany. Margo has become a internet sensation in WCBB on a limited scale because of her love and outrageous devotion to the Tennessee Lady Volunteers. That's nice.

Why can't UConn have their own version of "Margo"? A better question is why don't we? I don't know everything, but I do know that somewhere out there in the (UConn) Nation, There is a knowledgeable, articulate and personable lady (ladies) with the same if not more enthusiasm, that could very easily become UConn's version of Margo.

I think it would be nice if she would step up and be recognized, while at all times keeping it classy and real , while never losing sight of the big picture. The only problem would be their contrast in subject matter (fodder). Because of Tennessee's current surplus of woes that Margo has to choose from, she could go on for hours about the discord and troubling times, and fan dissention in their kingdom.

Our Margo would not have much (if anything) to complain about other than the WCBB season goes by too quickly. Or how nice it would have been to get that highly coveted prospect we were hoping to get. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think maybe having out own Margo is not such a good idea. We really don't have anything to whine about. :rolleyes: Do We?

Last edited:

JS

Reaction Score
Margo now in the title. And speaking of the title, my only other
comment is that it's prospective when it should be retrospective.

broken-wagon-396257.jpg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hey just like episodic TV she can't have a great show every time. She must be getting worn out from the hits that keep on coming to TENN.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
We really don't have anything to whine about. :rolleyes: Do We?

Yeah good sarcasm and emoji there. I too have seen a number of people on the BY who ALWAYS come up with something to complain about.

Reaction Score
The violations were reported on Vol Nation by a Boneyarder (Brassie)

Probably not helping recruiting -
The coaching staff sent recruiting materials to two recruits in Oregon that arrived the day before the first permissible date that recruits could receive such materials. Tennessee will not be allowed to send recruiting materials for the first 60 days of the permissible period this year.

The other violation occurred when an assistant called what he believed to be the father of a player he believed to be a 2017 recruit. He had dialed the wrong number and called the parent of a 2018 recruit, which was a recruiting calendar violation. The assistant coach was prohibited from calling any student athlete for 14 days and Tennessee is prohibited from calling the 2018 recruit for the first 60 days following Sept. 1, the first permissible day for phone calls.

I believe the first violation will be resolved in Tennessee's favor because they use the lunar calendar and the NCAA does not. :p

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like Margo's videos cause you can see the emotions unlike message board post where your comments are/can be taken out of context.

Reaction Score
Walz said "that's news to me," adding that Tennessee's athletic department has not directly reached out to him.

"I wouldn't even worry about it," Walz, 44, said of rumors surrounding himself. He said added that "I'm focused on Pitt," U of L's opponent Thursday night as the No. 12-ranked Cardinals continue their trek through Atlantic Coast Conference play.

JW stops WAY short of denying he has any interest in UT job, huh?

Reaction Score
JW stopps WAY short of denying he has any interest in UT job, huh?

That's what I thought.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We really don't have anything to whine about. :rolleyes: Do We?
We' ll since you asked I've been compiling a list:

Geno's salty language
Dawn Staley's "crabapple" demeanor and teaching her team to disrespect the referees
The 4th Quarter of South Carolina game
Our MOV vs ND, MD and DePaul was too close and come to think of it USF was too close also. What happens when/if we have to play them again. We should have sent them a message.
Our 3Pt shooting defense
Our free throw defense on occasion
My favorite player is not getting enough burn because Geno hates her & and why would he play her out of position anyway? Who does that?
I know Geno hates my favorite player because he calls her by her last, first/nick name.
Geno got out coached at Stanford by Tara
UCONN students were rude enough to say "oink, oink, oink when the other team was dribbling the ball
Our freshmen are not developing fast enough, none of them can play a lick of defense anyway.
This darn AAC is going to be the death of UCONN basketball.
Recruiting
-Why can't we sign a post player.
-Why can't we sign a player from Texas since Moriah.
-Why is our 2016 class so lowly ranked.
-Shouldn't Geno be out recruiting and give the Olympic team to someone else.
-That player did not come to UCONN because they do not want to be great and win a NC
All officiating and Dee Kanter specifically because we can't name any other official.
All announcers except (Kara, Kevin and Rebecca) Doris hate UCONN, Peck is a SEC homer and we can prove it.
Transfers are going to be the death of this program.
Other teams allow their players to customizing their uniforms (The Wilson rule )
Geno is clearly pushing Morgan out the door.
Shea Ralph never smiles
Geno is going to retire soon anyway and then the party will definitely be over
Is a coaching staff appropriately dressed?
Geno with no tie again- come one. Geno has time to put in a perfectly coordinated pocket square but you can't find a matching tie?
Does CD, Marissa, or Shea own a pair of flats between then?

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Walz said "that's news to me," adding that Tennessee's athletic department has not directly reached out to him.

"I wouldn't even worry about it," Walz, 44, said of rumors surrounding himself. He said added that "I'm focused on Pitt," U of L's opponent Thursday night as the No. 12-ranked Cardinals continue their trek through Atlantic Coast Conference play.

JW stops WAY short of denying he has any interest in UT job, huh?
Directly would be crass that is why you have an agent Jeff.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hey just like episodic TV she can't have a great show every time. She must be getting worn out from the hits that keep on coming to TENN.

I'm teasing Margo, but I'm not mad at her. I respect the fact that she's passionate about her Lady Vols, and wants to see them improve. Margo is who she is. She appears to know basketball. I hope she continues to post her video commentary. You go girl!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Directly would be crass that is why you have an agent Jeff.
Plus the article says it's the boosters interested in him at this point, not the athletic dept. Skillfully evasive ("I'm on to Pitt, next question")

Reaction Score
Tenn has a ton of cash and he would be the new kingpin in the SEC.........He can coach, recruit and develop talent..Tenn has and needs all of the above ASAP.........Funny, UCONN and Tenn might be closer than we think........Move Uof L off the schedule and move in Tenn.....Is this Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom