Tennessee is pulling out all the stops.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee is pulling out all the stops....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The silver unis worn when Duke beat us at the XL Center on a buzzer beater by the Aussie whose name escapes me. Jessica ? Those never saw the light of day again.

Well even though there was a strong rumor that the Silver Unis were burned in a center court bonfire...

silver_unis.jpg

...in actuality, they were given to the Div 3 Team of UConn at Avery Point for their use.
They saw the light of day...sort of...in a few Div 3 gyms.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well even though there was a strong rumor that the Silver Unis were burned in a center court bonfire...

View attachment 5155

...in actuality, they were given to the Div 3 Team of UConn at Avery Point for their use.
Maybe they helped the UCAP team last year, as they finished 9-1 in their league. Then again, they don't seem to have a team this year, so maybe the unis are haunted.

Reaction Score
I don't know - a SEC team in gray. If tthe opposition is in blue, there's a a 150 year old precedent that bodes nothing positive to the wearers of gray.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im a big fan of the color orange, and I usually like the orange that I see schools use such as Syracuse, Illinois, UVA, et al. That being said..the Orange that the Vols use is the worst orange I've seen used in an athletic uniform. Hands down the worst ;)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

View attachment 5155

And that team has been disbanded. Coincidence?

Reaction Score
Im a big fan of the color orange, and I usually like the orange that I see schools use such as Syracuse, Illinois, UVA, et al. That being said..the Orange that the Vols use is the worst orange I've seen used in an athletic uniform. Hands down the worst ;)
Perhaps Tennessee is trying to get away from the color orange. Research/polls are showing that orange is perceived as a "cheap" color. It's also a very unpopular color. What is the most popular color? Blue of course.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Anyone remember this classic?
Great one, and can certainly get with the "throw-up orange." Didn't get the "I'm not a dog person" until doing a search and finding out about Smokey the Vol hound mascot. I guess UTenn and UConn have a distant canine connection. But Jonathan wins the looks contest paws down.

smokey.jpg

Reaction Score
The silver unis worn when Duke beat us at the XL Center on a buzzer beater by the Aussie whose name escapes me. Jessica ? Those never saw the light of day again.
Given to UConn Avery Point as I recall. That was a new years eve game, I remember being at a house party and being miserable the second half!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Funny thing about the UTenn team
They could be a big problem!

They have all the pieces, have had for some time.

They're finally learning how to win big games

They remind me a bit of the TarHeals
Could lose in the opening round or go to the final-4

Could be big trouble, mark my words.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hunh. They's better have Tennessee in big letters across the front in case someone mistakes the team for Syracuse.

vapor_main.jpg

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Mrx. Z and I have always felt that it was prolly those gawdawful Jr. High School slumber party pajama bottoms that really doomed them last season. What could they have been THINKING? Of course, we could be wrong.

Or how 'bout this beauty? I see a touch of gray.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Isn't it the coach's job to wash the uniforms after the games? Thought that was the tradition started with PHS.

So they're going with gray? Interesting color choice down there in the land of stars and bars. But say it an't that, Pat. Put aside the Orange? Can't be because:

We are orange. Orange is us. Others may also wear orange, but for them it is a color chosen. For the University of Tennessee, orange is at the core of who we are. We wear it with pride. We should allow our publications and websites to wear it with pride, too.

That's from the UTenn palette branding guide. So Orange is not us? It's not our core anymore? So sad.

But I guess it's not really gray they will be wearing but Smokey, which will be a problem if their SECT hopes go up in smoke.

The great advantage of gray unis is that they don't HAVE to be washed!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Funny thing about the UTenn team
They could be a big problem!

They have all the pieces, have had for some time.

They're finally learning how to win big games

They remind me a bit of the TarHeals
Could lose in the opening round or go to the final-4

Could be big trouble, mark my words.
What does "all the pieces" mean?

They beat USC at home in their last game. It didn't mean anything, so I'm not sure how big that was. What other big game?

They are nothing like UNC.

That being said, they should make the EE. Matchups will decide if they make the final four.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I call it creamsicle orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits