Tennessee is pulling out all the stops.... | The Boneyard

Tennessee is pulling out all the stops....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks Pap for the Link............I would love to see a Tennessee vs South Carolina Final in the SEC Tournament. Especially on a neutral floor.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The grey is going too all sports. The softball team has grey hoodies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Isn't it the coach's job to wash the uniforms after the games? Thought that was the tradition started with PHS.

So they're going with gray? Interesting color choice down there in the land of stars and bars. But say it an't that, Pat. Put aside the Orange? Can't be because:

We are orange. Orange is us. Others may also wear orange, but for them it is a color chosen. For the University of Tennessee, orange is at the core of who we are. We wear it with pride. We should allow our publications and websites to wear it with pride, too.

That's from the UTenn palette branding guide. So Orange is not us? It's not our core anymore? So sad.

But I guess it's not really gray they will be wearing but Smokey, which will be a problem if their SECT hopes go up in smoke.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nothing like new uniforms to bring success. Remember?

dusTROTHER.JPG

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Or how 'bout this beauty? I see a touch of gray.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, but they successfully blocked alien tracking devices. Never saw a single alien when they wore them.

Nothing like new uniforms to bring success. Remember?

spacer
dusTROTHER.JPG

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They need new alternate uniforms to be motivated? Uh-oh.

I guess something like this Smokey Gray color

volslead.jpg

ps. They lost both games wearing the Smokey Gray.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
They need new alternate uniforms to be motivated? Uh-oh.

I guess something like this Smokey Gray color

volslead.jpg

ps. They lost both games wearing the Smokey Gray.
There's always a first for getting in the winning column, and the Lady Vols will be wearing a differently designed helmet, so that should do the trick.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Yes, but they successfully blocked alien tracking devices. Never saw a single all I end when they wore them.

all I end = alien ???? autocorrect??

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm trying to remember the two uniforms that UCONN has worn in the more recent past.

I seem to remember a slate grey uniform a few years ago that was used a few times but didn't stick around.

Then more recently, wasn't there a one-time appearance of a grey-ish uni complete with red/orange (the horror) trim? The trim looked almost true orange on TV. I just remember thinking, "Why....? Why?"

Reaction Score
I'm trying to remember the two uniforms that UCONN has worn in the more recent past.

I seem to remember a slate grey uniform a few years ago that was used a few times but didn't stick around.

Then more recently, wasn't there a one-time appearance of a grey-ish uni complete with red/orange (the horror) trim? The trim looked almost true orange on TV. I just remember thinking, "Why....? Why?"
UConn wears a greyish uniform for home games played away from Gampel, navy on the road, and white uniforms for home games at Gampel (I assume if UConn were the lower seed playing in a sub regional in Storrs they'd wear the navy).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Yet another example of gray unis ≠ success. UConn lost this game to ND in Feb., 2012:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
UConn wears a greyish uniform for home games played away from Gampel, navy on the road, and white uniforms for home games at Gampel (I assume if UConn were the lower seed playing in a sub regional in Storrs they'd wear the navy).

I'm thinking of a deeper/darker grey, one that was sort of "special" (used loosely), maybe even shiny? Something other than the light grey they wear in Hartford. But my recollection may be off.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yet another example of gray unis ≠ success. UConn lost this game to ND in Feb., 2012:

Yeah. Those are the unis I recall. Just UGH.

I really hope they are never resurrected.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
That's the ND game when Geno pulled all of the starters.

Reaction Score
The silver unis worn when Duke beat us at the XL Center on a buzzer beater by the Aussie whose name escapes me. Jessica ? Those never saw the light of day again.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The grey is the same as the football jersey. When Butch Jones first showed them. I didn't think that I would like them. I saw one at the mall and thought it was better than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom