Ted Lasso - Season 3 (spoilers) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ted Lasso - Season 3 (spoilers)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In short, yes. All those other people earned their redemption, and with the exception of Beard they earned it on screen on the show. Nate didn't. His transgressions were certainly not minor and he was a terrible person from day 1 on the show, treated everyone like a piece of human garbage, and then all his reformation happened off screen and we're just supposed to buy it. Not me.
Nate earned his redemption by quitting West Ham when he finally realized who he was working for. He even referred to himself as "the assistant to the kit man".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm liking Ted Lasso even more on next-day reflection. AFC Richmond should be a force again next year. The added money in the coffers will augment an already top squad. The coaching change won't hurt them, they'll play hard for Kent. The return of the Wonder Kid is a boost tactically, they'll have answers to the rest of the leagues' countermeasures. They might have trouble keeping Nate long-term. The Hammers were 2nd, I believe, when he left and they ended up in the Europa League. Word will get out why he left West Ham. But I have no doubt he will give them the full year. Anyway, I get why Ted had to leave. His work was done and they didn't need him anymore. That's why Mary Poppins left. And that the episode was called "So Long, Farewell" from the Sound of Music makes me wonder if there is a universal theory of Julie Andrews.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Third season was just kind of uneven. They threw so many things up in the air and landed some and not others.

The Keeley arc was just a mess. It was almost like they had a bunch of boxes to check, they threw in a lesbian relationship to check that box and then they tossed it. That was the one character they kinda flubbed really badly. (They had another box to check with Colin Hughes, but they landed that story line wonderfully. The Trent-Colin scene was terrific.)

Nate was kind of a mess - they were committed to him as the West Ham bad guy and then they started to run out of time, so they rehabbed him entirely in few paragraphs. Too rushed, but ultimately fine in the end.

It was all pretty bloated and there were some episodes in season three that were just not good, but I don’t care. They caught themselves and stuck the landing. I loved this show.

The barbecue scene at the end was pitch perfect.

But Ted should have been at Beard’s wedding.

Reaction Score
The Easter eggs keep coming out.

Rebecca wore the same outfit in the final scene with Ted at the airport that she wore their first scene together in S1E1.

The book Jamie had his "Believe" sign piece in was the one he threw in the trash in Season 1 and it was well worn to show he'd read it over and over.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Easter eggs keep coming out.

Rebecca wore the same outfit in the final scene with Ted at the airport that she wore their first scene together in S1E1.

The book Jamie had his "Believe" sign piece in was the one he threw in the trash in Season 1 and it was well worn to show he'd read it over and over.
Look at the photo Mae straightened in the end scenes...

Reaction Score
Look at the photo Mae straightened in the end scenes...
I gasped when I saw this and was unaware of the Sudeikis-Wendt connection. I really enjoyed the finale and loved the series overall. Ted's darts monologue in Season 1 opened my eyes to how good the writing was. Things that stuck with me were Roy's locker room interaction with Trent Crimm, the Julie Andrews favorite character discussion, and the "perfect" banter made me listen to Billy Joel's The Stranger for the first time in 30+ years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the Julie Andrews favorite character discussion,
I'm surprised nobody chose her character in S.O.B. I thought she was impressive although Robert Preston stole the movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom