Ted Lasso - Season 3 (spoilers) | The Boneyard

Ted Lasso - Season 3 (spoilers)

Reaction Score
Where does every one think the following storylines go:

1) Trent Crimm's book.
2) Keeley and Roy and Jamie and the new girl Jack.
3) Rebecca's final story arc
4) Nate's final story arc
5) Ted's final story arc

Hard to think that 4/5 end up with something other than Ted beating Nate/Rupert, then Nate coming back to Ted/Richmond with his tail between his legs. Have to also feel they're setting up Ted going back home to KC.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Haven't watched this week's episode so no idea if anything changes based on that but my guesses are

1) Trent Crimm's book - He focuses on Colin as a gay athlete, maybe also something he personally relates to

2) Keeley and Roy and Jamie and the new girl Jack. - Keeley and Jack as a fling, ends up with Roy

3) Rebecca's final story arc - No strong feelings on this, probably ends up in a happy relationship with no kids

4) Nate's final story arc - He's going to be redeeemed, it's stupid. He's just a genuinely bad person

5) Ted's final story arc - Moves back to KC, Beard stays and Nate comes back as the manager to replace him as part of above

Reaction Score
1) Trent Crimm's book: Really don't know what to take from this.

2) Keeley and Roy and Jamie and the new girl Jack: I think Roy ends up with Keeley. Jamie, has had a good character arc, but I can't see Keeley picking him over Roy. Jack will fade away.

3) Rebecca's final story arc: How does the psychic play into all this? I think Rebecca ends up pregnant, but have no idea who will be the father. There have been inferences that she'll end up with Sam, (green matchbook), but I don't see it. The introduction of the Dutch guy in the last episode seems pointless to me as a platonic one-night stand. Hooking up with Ted would tidy things up way too nicely, but I was kind of intrigued that he seemed bummed out when she didn't respond to his texts in the last episode.

4) Nate's final story arc: Nate is a messed up character. The whole spitting thing is whack. I think he has started to come around, based on his dinner with the hostess. He'll probably realize that Ted was always in his corner. I like the idea he goes back to Richmond as manager.

5) Ted's final story arc: I think Ted has to go home to his son and back to American football. Maybe he gets an offer from the Chiefs!

Some other random thoughts:

First, I love Sassy.
I always thought Roy was going to end up with his niece's teacher, but she hasn't made an appearance this season.
I thought the team psychologist (Sharon) was a great character. Sad she didn't figure more into the story.
The Amsterdam episode just seemed out of place to me and didn't seem to further the story. Kind of like that weird Beard episode last season. Maybe some things will develop to change that.
And lastly, I love Sassy.

Reaction Score
1000% agree on Sassy.

I also think we need a end to the story about Ted's father. I guess they've tied it up to a degree by letting us know he killed himself, was an alcoholic, etc....but I think there's still a flashback scene or final final point there that has put Ted where he is today.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
1) Trent Crimm's book. He will ignore Colin being gay, because he has to let Colin come out. Probably focuses on the family atmosphere and the way the team looks out for each other, maybe some of Ted's personal challenges.
2) Keeley and Roy and Jamie and the new girl Jack. Roy already realizes his mistake. The Keeley & Jack thing is a bit ridiculous. Jamie is helping Roy mature. Gotta push for Roy and Keeley again, but Keeley liking the new Jamie is still in play.
3) Rebecca's final story arc. Not Sam. It doesn't work. Dutch guy should be eye opening for her. She needs to be more open to people. Maybe Ted but it feels wrong.
4) Nate's final story arc. Maybe finally lands the waitress. But he's a jerk, and his new boss reinforces his worst tendencies. He won't win the PL with WestHam. Somehow he splits with Rupert, coaches elsewhere and is redeemed.
5) Ted's final story arc. Ted goes to America and coaches Sporting KC. Roy takes over and Beard stays with him. Something is missing. Sassy isn't it for him. He needs a new female character that completes him.

I thought the Amsterdam episode was brilliant.
  • Ted finally discovered Soccer, and his love of America and KC is rekindled. Hence my prediction above. I loved the Arthur Bryant's BBQ sauce cameo.
  • Rebecca opened up, came out of her shell and was rewarded with kindness and compassion. This is a necessary step to trusting me and finding one.
  • Roy and Jaime bonded and Jamie is revealed (as we saw the episode before) as intelligent and capable. He's grown tremendously and I think will step up with Zava gone and become a star.
  • Roy learned more about investing his time in people with the way Jamie responded, and realized he needed to make the same investment with Keeley. He's poised to become a better coach and hopefully win Keeley back.
  • Keeley is infatuated with smart capable people who don't see her as a ditzy blonde. This is just 2.0 of that with benefits. Hopefully she moves on confidently.
  • Higgins just living his best life in the Jazz club. You have to love it.

Reaction Score
1) Trent Crimm's book. He will ignore Colin being gay, because he has to let Colin come out. Probably focuses on the family atmosphere and the way the team looks out for each other, maybe some of Ted's personal challenges.
2) Keeley and Roy and Jamie and the new girl Jack. Roy already realizes his mistake. The Keeley & Jack thing is a bit ridiculous. Jamie is helping Roy mature. Gotta push for Roy and Keeley again, but Keeley liking the new Jamie is still in play.
3) Rebecca's final story arc. Not Sam. It doesn't work. Dutch guy should be eye opening for her. She needs to be more open to people. Maybe Ted but it feels wrong.
4) Nate's final story arc. Maybe finally lands the waitress. But he's a jerk, and his new boss reinforces his worst tendencies. He won't win the PL with WestHam. Somehow he splits with Rupert, coaches elsewhere and is redeemed.
5) Ted's final story arc. Ted goes to America and coaches Sporting KC. Roy takes over and Beard stays with him. Something is missing. Sassy isn't it for him. He needs a new female character that completes him.

I thought the Amsterdam episode was brilliant.
  • Ted finally discovered Soccer, and his love of America and KC is rekindled. Hence my prediction above. I loved the Arthur Bryant's BBQ sauce cameo.
  • Rebecca opened up, came out of her shell and was rewarded with kindness and compassion. This is a necessary step to trusting me and finding one.
  • Roy and Jaime bonded and Jamie is revealed (as we saw the episode before) as intelligent and capable. He's grown tremendously and I think will step up with Zava gone and become a star.
  • Roy learned more about investing his time in people with the way Jamie responded, and realized he needed to make the same investment with Keeley. He's poised to become a better coach and hopefully win Keeley back.
  • Keeley is infatuated with smart capable people who don't see her as a ditzy blonde. This is just 2.0 of that with benefits. Hopefully she moves on confidently.
  • Higgins just living his best life in the Jazz club. You have to love it.
Great recap. And let's not forget Piggy Stardust.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
1. Trent's book will be a window into the relationships that drive AFC Richmond, will pull stories from all major characters and will discuss his own coming out while leaving Colin alone, unless it comes out beforehand, then it will be a supportive story.
2. Keeley won't end up with either of them but they will all be OK with it.
3. Rebecca is going to end up with Ted. She will be stepmom to his son, completely the prophecy. He will retire as coach and settle in England. He went to the BBQ looking for American and found British soccer as a proxy for England
4. Nate will take over as coach of AFC Richmond, marry the waitress and reconcile with Ted.
5. Ted will make peace with his father's death and family situation and settle down with Rebecca, though I'd pick Sassy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My wife thinks Rebecca is pregnant, I think she's going to end up with the Dutch dude. He mentioned that he has a daughter, so she'll be a step-mom and fulfill the prophecy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My wife thinks Rebecca is pregnant, I think she's going to end up with the Dutch dude. He mentioned that he has a daughter, so she'll be a step-mom and fulfill the prophecy.
My wife said the same thing about the Dutch dude and his daughter. But note, it also works if she ends up with Ted. They left lots of room here.

I have to say, I'm a fan of the Jaime redemption arc. I also think Nate would be fine away from Rupert and his dad. Jade may be good for him.

Reaction Score
I can't believe how many people think Ted and Rebecca will (or should) end up together. I don't see any part of it.

They have a great boss/EE relationship. They care about each other and "coach" and support each other when they need it, but there's never, ever been a single romantic moment. The time he was having an anxiety attack in the alley, she was supportive. When Rupert is being a tool, he's supportive. But there's nothing romantic at ALL between them.

Oh, and it's also pretty clear Ted is going back home to the US to rekindle things with his wife....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I can't believe how many people think Ted and Rebecca will (or should) end up together. I don't see any part of it.

They have a great boss/EE relationship. They care about each other and "coach" and support each other when they need it, but there's never, ever been a single romantic moment. The time he was having an anxiety attack in the alley, she was supportive. When Rupert is being a tool, he's supportive. But there's nothing romantic at ALL between them.

Oh, and it's also pretty clear Ted is going back home to the US to rekindle things with his wife....
I agree with you, there's nothing there. But his wife has moved on, he's out. Sassy isn't a fit. Ted needs someone new, and ASAP.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, there's nothing there. But his wife has moved on, he's out. Sassy isn't a fit. Ted needs someone new, and ASAP.
I don't know....did you see her look back up at him in the window as she was getting in the car?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't know....did you see her look back up at him in the window as she was getting in the car?
Yes, pity is what I saw. Poor Ted, he's such a mess, I almost feel sorry for doing this to him.....nah.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I was also getting vibes that she's realizing that Jake isn't what she wants and she misses Ted.

Reaction Score
My new take? The last three seasons are Trent’s book. We’ve been watching it as written by him all along.

Reaction Score
I loved the final episode. Can’t complain about a single story arc.

I hated Nate and was against his redemption but dammit the writers win me over with the Beard scene in S3E11.

The Rebecca and Dutch guy thing was schmaltzy but I can live with it.

At the end of the day, it was about Ted showing everyone there’s room to be a better version of yourself and the impact that had. Brilliant.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It was a good final episode. My guesses were pretty good, except I thought they'd get Roy and Keeley back together. Glad Nate was redeemed, they did a good job with that. Glad to see Rupert go down, and Rebecca moving on from focusing on him. I could have done without Beard in a thong, but it was a clever ploy for Ted to walk in as he did.

Reaction Score
Final episode was good, and liked the final season overall a lot more than most people seemed to. Happy with how they wrapped up everyone's stories, except Nate. He deserved none of that redemption, but at least he didn't end up as the new manager

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Final episode was good, and liked the final season overall a lot more than most people seemed to. Happy with how they wrapped up everyone's stories, except Nate. He deserved none of that redemption, but at least he didn't end up as the new manager
But Beard did? After stealing Ted's car and betraying his kindness? Nate's transgressions were minor, mostly driven by bad role models in his dad and then Rupert. He learned to see Ted as a role model, Jade helped him with self-worth. Jaime had bad role models too, then Ted and Roy helped him. Keeley was a vapid page 3 girl before Rebecca helped her. Rebecca was a basket case of anger and resentment, Ted and others helped her. Had to end that way for Nate.

Reaction Score
But Beard did? After stealing Ted's car and betraying his kindness? Nate's transgressions were minor, mostly driven by bad role models in his dad and then Rupert. He learned to see Ted as a role model, Jade helped him with self-worth. Jaime had bad role models too, then Ted and Roy helped him. Keeley was a vapid page 3 girl before Rebecca helped her. Rebecca was a basket case of anger and resentment, Ted and others helped her. Had to end that way for Nate.
In short, yes. All those other people earned their redemption, and with the exception of Beard they earned it on screen on the show. Nate didn't. His transgressions were certainly not minor and he was a terrible person from day 1 on the show, treated everyone like a piece of human garbage, and then all his reformation happened off screen and we're just supposed to buy it. Not me.

I buy Ted would forgive him, Beard eventually forgiving him works, but a unanimous team vote to bring him back a few weeks after they just watched a video of him ripping up the Believe sign and getting so angry they assaulted his players is feeding a load of BS to the audience

Reaction Score
Final episode landed the jump. Great choice of music with Cat Stevens and The Flaming Lips. Just a great example of music augmenting the story.

I hope they end this show and no spin-offs. It’s played out.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
In short, yes. All those other people earned their redemption, and with the exception of Beard they earned it on screen on the show. Nate didn't. His transgressions were certainly not minor and he was a terrible person from day 1 on the show, treated everyone like a piece of human garbage, and then all his reformation happened off screen and we're just supposed to buy it. Not me.

I buy Ted would forgive him, Beard eventually forgiving him works, but a unanimous team vote to bring him back a few weeks after they just watched a video of him ripping up the Believe sign and getting so angry they assaulted his players is feeding a load of BS to the audience

Ted Lasso probably had more plot occur off-screen than any other show that I can remember short of Gendry racing back to Castle back in under an hour. The Nate redemption with the team likely had a lot to do with how his departure from West Ham filtered through the squad. We were never directly shown or told that it was Nate who turned in Rupert, but it's pretty clear that's what happened. I forget when he apologized to the kitman but that story almost certainly made the rounds. Then there is Ted himself, we did see him defend Nate, or at least not be mad at him publicly. Why are we assuming the squad hadn't been privy to that sort of talk all along. After their disaster match at West Ham, do we really think Ted didn't have a lay off Nate talk with the team? Of course, he did. The TV critics complaining, about not being spoon fed major interactions, miss the point of the show, which is these things get resolved if you just stick with the program.

The only shortfalls IMO are that if you are going to revisit the Jamie/Roy/Keeley triangle, you need to put a little more into why she and Roy split up and why Ted wasn't shown at Beard's wedding?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Final episode landed the jump. Great choice of music with Cat Stevens and The Flaming Lips. Just a great example of music augmenting the story.

I hope they end this show and no spin-offs. It’s played out.

Best song is the one at the end of EP 11. I thought it was an old Queen song but it is apparently brand new by someone I've never heard of, though with Brian May on guitar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom