Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, I thought it was consensus that Cuse was pretty much out of it
I have a strong feeling this is where BIG T lands unfortunately for us Husky fans, never thought he would go to Seton Hall with Delgado there and their other 4 man who is going to be pretty good.

Cuse perfect landing for this long athletic big man.

Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling this is where BIG T lands unfortunately for us Husky fans, never thought he would go to Seton Hall with Delgado there and their other 4 man who is going to be pretty good.

Cuse perfect landing for this long athletic big man.
Makes sense for him. Only place he will see any sort of burn as a freshman. If Malachi Richardson stays in the draft, they will be pretty bad. Getting valuable minutes at UConn will be an uphill battle for your beloved Big T. We would want him for added depth.

Reaction Score
Makes sense for him. Only place he will see any sort of burn as a freshman. If Malachi Richardson stays in the draft, they will be pretty bad. Getting valuable minutes at UConn will be an uphill battle for your beloved Big T. We would want him for added depth.
Added depth? He might start with what we have at the 4 right now unless we go small with either TL or VJ at the 4.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Added depth? He might start with what we have at the 4 right now unless we go small with either TL or VJ at the 4.
I believe Facey and Durham are ahead of him, and if this were the case he'd be fighting with Diarra for min as well. This is also assuming we don't just rotate Enoch in at the 4 if/when we sit Facey.

Reaction Score
I believe Facey and Durham are ahead of him, and if this were the case he'd be fighting with Diarra for min as well. This is also assuming we don't just rotate Enoch in at the 4 if/when we sit Facey.
I don't see Enoch ever playing the 4 as he will be the main backup to AB. I don't think we can play KO's style with both SE and AB on the floor together. I'm not sold that KF will be anything more than he is now. If Thompson has any game he could easily beat KF for the starting nod. Not sure Durham will play next year especially if we get Thompson due to his injuries.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't see Enoch ever playing the 4 as he will be the main backup to AB. I don't think we can play KO's style with both SE and AB on the floor together. I'm not sold that KF will be anything more than he is now. If Thompson has any game he could easily beat KF for the starting nod. Not sure Durham will play next year especially if we get Thompson due to his injuries.
Even if Facey doesn't improve, I tend to think he'll get the starting nod until he proves he isn't capable. Perhaps if Facey is the same, Durham can't play(even though I'm pretty sure Ollie said he will be ready for the season), and T is simply better than Diarra, then he could get to start. Just don't find that scenario likely. Personally I'm hoping we can start a front court with two solid, championship winning big men, who with their seniority(along with Purvis), can lead us somewhere.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Enoch's got a long way to go before he can handle defending the 4. He couldn't defend anything other than slow big men last year; a PF that has any sort of handle will eat him up.

Reaction Score
Even if Facey doesn't improve, I tend to think he'll get the starting nod until he proves he isn't capable. Perhaps if Facey is the same, Durham can't play(even though I'm pretty sure Ollie said he will be ready for the season), and T is simply better than Diarra, then he could get to start. Just don't find that scenario likely. Personally I'm hoping we can start a front court with two solid, championship winning big men, who with their seniority(along with Purvis), can lead us somewhere.
okay let's circle back real quick with BIG T not getting PT at Uconn.

At the 4, all we have is Facey who has shown over his first 3 years he hasn't had the ability to lock down that position although given many opportunities. The other option is Diarra is another freshman who is rank below him and probably isn't as offensively gifted as BIG T. Durham (who I believe will be the future for Uconn) is coming off two ACL injuries and it is hard for me to believe that even if he didn't redshirt he would be a major contributor in this upcoming season.

As far as the 5, let's keep that alone because who knows if Brimah is coming back and even if he does, he gets in a lot of foul trouble, so I see Enoch getting at least 20+ mins a night.

The only way I see BIG T not getting a opportunity to show his skill set this upcoming year as a Husky if Ollie decided to give Larrier a chance at the 4 and Terry killed at the 4.

Would their be a better opportunity for BIG T at Cuse to get PT his freshman year, yes probably, is Cuse probably a better fit, yes, but let's not get it twisted, Uconn could use all the help they can get in the front court for this upcoming year.

Reaction Score
Start at the 4? If true, he would have committed on the spot. Again, with this roster, assuming Brimah and Purvis are back, he won't see much burn at all. Think Enoch this year, at best.

Reaction Score
The line up is wide open at this point. Only people penciled in as I can see it are Jalen and Amida. Rodney is penciled in as either the 2G or the 6th man. After that let's see who performs. Guessing TLarrier will find a spot although not in stone yet. Does Alterique force a smallish line up by stepping up? Is Juwan healthy? Is Enoch ready to handle a spot? And the big question is Kentan ready for his chance will his defense be good enough to cement a spot? So many unanswered questions and they include potential surprises in Diarra and Jackson.

At least it will be exciting to see who steps up and wants it huh?

Reaction Score
The line up is wide open at this point. Only people penciled in as I can see it are Jalen and Amida. Rodney is penciled in as either the 2G or the 6th man. After that let's see who performs. Guessing TLarrier will find a spot although not in stone yet. Does Alterique force a smallish line up by stepping up? Is Juwan healthy? Is Enoch ready to handle a spot? And the big question is Kentan ready for his chance will his defense be good enough to cement a spot? So many unanswered questions and they include potential surprises in Diarra and Jackson.

Rodney should and will start if he returns. He never should have been delegated to the bench this year in the first place. Had one bad game after 15 straight of double digit scoring.

Reaction Score
Rodney should and will start if he returns. He never should have been delegated to the bench this year in the first place. Had one bad game after 15 straight of double digit scoring.

its not like his playing time really changed much, and that whole double digit streak that was a made a big deal of on here was a bit overrated. Dude had multiple games where he did very little for 20-30 minutes and then scored when they were down double digits to pretty up the corpse.

Reaction Score
its not like his playing time really changed much, and that whole double digit streak that was a made a big deal of on here was a bit overrated. Dude had multiple games where he did very little for 20-30 minutes and then scored when they were down double digits to pretty up the corpse.
He led the team in +/-. He was plenty good, his ballhandling just holds him back in terms of completely taking over.

Reaction Score

I agree but the problem is as pointed out by Stats he's not a great 2G in terms of ball handling in the way you would need to be if the team came out pressing. I mean Jalen and he breaking a press as 1 and 2 as we see it right now is scary. Does he deserve to start, yes. Is he good as the 6th man, yes. I think him starting depends on Gilbert and Larrier's ability to play 1 and 4 then if he is to start.

Reaction Score
I agree but the problem is as pointed out by Stats he's not a great 2G in terms of ball handling in the way you would need to be if the team came out pressing. I mean Jalen and he breaking a press as 1 and 2 as we see it right now is scary. Does he deserve to start, yes. Is he good as the 6th man, yes. I think him starting depends on Gilbert and Larrier's ability to play 1 and 4 then if he is to start.
I understand that at the time a change needed to be made (had dropped 2 out of 3 conference games to Temple and @Tulsa) but I just wholeheartedly disagreed that Purvis was the one that needed to be switched out. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
It's a 40 minute game. If he didn't have the long stretches without a bucket/contribution it wouldn't be a debate if he was coming back next year or not, he'd be getting drafted.

Reaction Score
It's a 40 minute game. If he didn't have the long stretches without a bucket/contribution it wouldn't be a debate if he was coming back next year or not, he'd be getting drafted.
Obviously, but that wasn't my point. You made it seem like all those games where he scored dbl figures were "good games", I guess I got different standards than most.

Reaction Score
He led the team in +/-. He was plenty good, his ballhandling just holds him back in terms of completely taking over.

I don't disagree, I'm not really arguing that Purvis wasn't good for this team. I'll let the thread get back on course now.

Reaction Score
I understand that at the time a change needed to be made (had dropped 2 out of 3 conference games to Temple and @Tulsa) but I just wholeheartedly disagreed that Purvis was the one that needed to be switched out. Just my opinion.

Very fair point

Reaction Score
Don't see him coming here. He could very well be the 4th PF on the roster. No doubt Facey and Durham will definitely be ahead of him and with Diarra's work ethic, he could be too.

Reaction Score
Don't see him coming here. He could very well be the 4th PF on the roster. No doubt Facey and Durham will definitely be ahead of him and with Diarra's work ethic, he could be too.
"No doubt" and "definitely" don't apply to a kid that has torn both ACL's. Maybe chill with the absolutes.

Reaction Score
Obviously, but that wasn't my point. You made it seem like all those games where he scored dbl figures were "good games", I guess I got different standards than most.
Trust me, I agree. Articles were being written that he was our most consistent player. His inconsistency was still evident at times despite the double digit scoring streak. Despite this I still believe moving him to the bench as the 6th man wasn't the "spark" or "change" or team needed at the time, that's all.

Reaction Score
"No doubt" and "definitely" don't apply to a kid that has torn both ACL's. Maybe chill with the absolutes.

Durham will only play this season if both ACLs feel 100%. And Durham at 100% will be ahead of Thompson.

Reaction Score

I'd say purvis can be penciled in as a starter. Would be interesting if it's at the 2 or 3. If we don't get vital or some other late guard signing you have to think purvis is at the 2 with Gilbert off the bench. If we get vital and/or anot her guard maybe we see Gilbert start and slide purvis to the 3 for a nice 3 guard set. All depends on what we end up with for guard depth

And all my speculation even relies on the speculation that purvis comes back next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom