Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's about time we start a new thread. I don't know why I keep on returning to this one, expecting it to be about Taurean Thompson.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
9.8/4.6/3.5 his soph year would lead you to believe by now we'd be expecting 14/8/5 right? But we would certainly take something close to his soph year but could use your 10/8/5 for sure as an average. And let's not put all the pressure on him only to improve as depending on minutes, some improved numbers from both Kentan and Steve would be welcome also.

I expect his numbers to improve with a couple of solid PGs in the back court next year.

Reaction Score
I expect his numbers to improve with a couple of solid PGs in the back court next year.

Why because they will throw him the ball (are his hands suddenly going to appear)? They may get worst without DHam's lobs too right because that's his source of offense.

This is a huge summer for him, HUGE. Come back the same guy he better hope the same of others or his minutes will go down his senior year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why because they will throw him the ball (are his hands suddenly going to appear)? They may get worst without DHam's lobs too right because that's his source of offense.

This is a huge summer for him, HUGE. Come back the same guy he better hope the same of others or his minutes will go down his senior year.

Mainly because PGs actually know how to initiate the offense, and get the guy the ball where he can actually do something with it. I realize that particular window is small, but a good PG has a lot better shot of accomplishing that, both skill and mentality wise. Good PGs can break down the D and allow guys to get more uncontested inside attempts; last year, we had so few guys who could actually beat their man to the rim. If nothing else, a smoothly running O would lead to far more open weakside lobs for Brimah.

The offense looked like an unpolished turd most of last season. With two good PGs--one more experienced, the other a natural, I expect that not to be (as much) the case. I've said it before elsewhere, but it's really amazing how much smarter players become when they have a quality PG (who knows what he's doing) running the show.

Reaction Score
Mainly because PGs actually know how to initiate the offense, and get the guy the ball where he can actually do something with it. I realize that particular window is small, but a good PG has a lot better shot of accomplishing that, both skill and mentality wise. Good PGs can break down the D and allow guys to get more uncontested inside attempts; last year, we had so few guys who could actually beat their man to the rim. If nothing else, a smoothly running O would lead to far more open weakside lobs for Brimah.

The offense looked like an unpolished turd most of last season. With two good PGs--one more experienced, the other a natural, I expect that not to be (as much) the case. I've said it before elsewhere, but it's really amazing how much smarter players become when they have a quality PG (who knows what he's doing) running the show.

Please there is nowhere at this time to give it to him to do something with it. Only lobs are a positive place. Agree 2 PG's are going to end up a very good thing but not for him if he hasn't improved. The offense needs to stay away from going to him unless it's a lob for a positive impact. Lobs and putbacks or else improvement which I guess we can still hold out hope?

Reaction Score
Back to Taurean Thompson, wonder the Hall is treating him? Maybe Sterling discussed his next visit with him while in Storrs?

Reaction Score
Just an update I was browsing the Seton Hall board and they seem pretty confident that Thompson committed to them. Take it with a grain of salt but it looks like he may be heading there.

Reaction Score
Just an update I was browsing the Seton Hall board and they seem pretty confident that Thompson committed to them. Take it with a grain of salt but it looks like he may be heading there.
Yeah, never say never but they seem really confident. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Yeah, never say never but they seem really confident. Oh well.
I was reading the Rivals board and all this confidence comes from a poster who claims his/her buddies on the UConn board think he is going to Seton Hall. Who knows?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Picture of him visiting Hall. Looks like it could be them.

Reaction Score

I'd say that's a very good sign for Cuse.

A lot of players will be there this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is that guy in the orange /red sneakers Seton Hall's new recruit? Is he a PG? If so, they're in trouble. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom