Tarris Reed commits! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tarris Reed commits!

Reaction Score
I think he’ll be a better version of Sanogo due to his rim protection and quick first step. Don’t shoot the messenger!
Seriously, sanogo was an absolutely amazing player. Excited to get tarris, but let’s take a breath. Sanogo had the best footwork, and moves, and soft hands i can recall. When he got the ball low it was over.

Reaction Score
His game is more like Sanogo than Clingan (but he wears Clingan's number 32), also he was in the same class as Clingan but he was rated higher as a prospect. IMO, from watching a few minutes of film he does not come close to the defensive presence Donovan had but it keeps our 2-center rotation plan intact. I'd love to see what Signare could do in non-garbage time minutes though.

Reaction Score
Singare will develop over the summer to the point where he plays 39 a game relegating Slamson and Reed to fighting over holding the ball garbage time.

Reaction Score
Singare will develop over the summer to the point where he plays 39 a game relegating Slamson and Reed to fighting over holding the ball garbage time.

Not so sure about that. Hope so though

Reaction Score
Reed's commit reminds me how far Hurley has come as a coach over the past couple of years. When Clingan committed it was questionable if Hurley was going to be flexible enough to abandon the high hedge defense with a player that didn't fit the mold of playing that way. Hurley had tried to put a square peg in a round hole in previous years by having Josh Carlton high hedge. When Carlton left he anchored the front line of the Houston team that made the final four,.playing closer to the basket which was a better use of his talents. Clearly he was good enough if utilized better. Hurley has stayed with having a high hedge player Whaley/Johnson, but now has adjusted to drop coverage during games when Clingan, (and expecting Reed), are in. Reed seems to offensively have an explosive move to the basket, but my expectations would be for a Josh Carlton impact (Houston version). Reed will be more successful here than Josh, because Hurley is a better coach now IMO. From a raw material standpoint, I think they are comparable.

I'm also reminded that Hurley addressed his move from Rhode Island as exciting because he thought he could recruit better big men here. How is that working out?
And I think it’s silly for Samson to high hedge. So many of his fouls are a result of him running back to the paint a step behind the play. It also seriously hurts his rebounding. When we don’t high hedge our +/- improved and our Bigs can stay on the floor.

Reaction Score
Maybe he looks like more of a beast here because this video is from high school?
I think his motor and skill here translates at any level . Man amongst boys too. Seems to have lost his way. Bad coaching and not being in as good of shape he can be. He will be a stud! I think he’s gonna make a name for himself here. Wonder what number he’ll pick.

Reaction Score
Exactly the player we need at center with 2 years to play. Very excited for next year, Tarris Jr is going to absolutely kill it here.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I watched the highlights of Purdue Michigan from this year and he didnt appear that much smaller than Edey. Not like when Karaban was gaurding Edey...Looks like he gives us some real size so we wont get bullied in big east play. Samson is awesome but sometimes he is a liability

Reaction Score
And I think it’s silly for Samson to high hedge. So many of his fouls are a result of him running back to the paint a step behind the play. It also seriously hurts his rebounding. When we don’t high hedge our +/- improved and our Bigs can stay on the floor.
Also puts him in poor position guarding against penetration as he often is blocked out of the play because he is on the wrong side of his man and is blocked from attacking the driver.

Reaction Score
Coming out of high school in 2022, looked we he was #34 prospect on ESPNU, about the range where Solo Ball was ranked.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Seriously, sanogo was an absolutely amazing player. Excited to get tarris, but let’s take a breath. Sanogo had the best footwork, and moves, and soft hands i can recall. When he got the ball low it was over.
Sanogo was/is great but I'm guessing you never saw Emeka O play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom