Tage Thompson #28 in NHL draft prediction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tage Thompson #28 in NHL draft prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ronan is like a little Theo Fleury out there - small dude that skates like the wind. It's not a coincidence we win two must-win games as soon as he comes back.

At least he looks small from the stands no clue what his actual height is
He's listed at 5'7" but he does fly.

Karl El-Mir has really started to play well down the stretch after playing sparingly the first half. I like his game too.

Reaction Score
He's listed at 5'7" but he does fly.

Karl El-Mir has really started to play well down the stretch after playing sparingly the first half. I like his game too.
Mac that 4th line of Kalter, El-Mir and Ferris have really started to click and were flying around against UNH.

Reaction Score
Is there a dark horse to keep an eye on down the stretch?

Forward Tage Thompson of the University of Connecticut has been impressive in his first season in Hockey East.

Thompson (6-5, 185), No. 24 on Central Scouting's midterm ranking of North American skaters, had 14 goals, 32 points and 97 shots on goal in 36 games for the Huskies. He led the NCAA with 13 power-play goals in the regular season.

The right-handed center has earned the trust of the coaching staff, has logged big minutes and, according to Marr, has improved his skating tremendously since the start of the season.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-centra...ings-five-questions/c-279888258?tid=277764372

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
JeffCoxSports8:04am via Twitter for iPhone
UConn right wing Tage Thompson is one of first up at 2016 NHL Scouting Combine this morning in Buffalo.
006.jpg

Reaction Score
Last I heard Cavanaugh thinks we have a shot to keep Thompson and Letunov through their junior seasons

Reaction Score
John Altavilla @ Courant: UConn's Tage Thompson Could Realize His NHL Dream Friday Night

Decent read:

>>UConn's 6-foot-5 sophomore forward, who led NCAA Division I in power plays goals last season, is poised to become not only the first Husky already with the team taken in theNHL draft, but its first first-round pick.

"It's very exciting to be projected in the first round," Thompson said. "I've dreamt of it my entire life and now it's starting to become a reality. It's been a little bit of a whirlwind lately, but we're hoping for the first round and we'll see where Friday [when the draft begins in Buffalo] takes us."

Regardless of where Thompson is selected, he will return to UConn for his sophomore season.<<

>>"I'm in a really good spot here at UConn," Thompson said. "They've given me many opportunities to be successful. I feel comfortable with coaching staff, my teammates and I feel like we're going to have a solid team next year. Coach showed his faith in me by trusting me, even though I was young coming in. There were growing pains he had to work with along the way.<<

>>"If Tage goes in the first round, what it will mean is over the last few years UConn will have had first-round picks in the NBA, the WNBA, the NFL, major league soccer, Major League Baseball and now the NHL. That's pretty cool," Cavanaugh said. "How many colleges in the United States can say that?"<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even though I'm a Rangers fan, I think it would be awesome if the Islanders take the kid from Long Island @ 19. It's a bit of a reach at that spot, but it would be great to see Thompson play in Bridgeport for a season or two!

Reaction Score
Talk about the world turned upside down...A UConn hockey player might be picked in the first round while a basketball player is in danger of missing being picked.

And we'll have 2 draftees (Thompson/Masonius) basketball only produced 1.

Reaction Score
And we'll have 2 draftees (Thompson/Masonius) basketball only produced 1.
1) Masonius isn't a lock to be drafted (though I wish him the best!)
2) The NHL draft has 7 rounds vs. the NBA's 2.

Also, Karashik is ranked the 154th NA skater, so he has a chance too!

Reaction Score
What he said. Apples and oranges to compare the NBA and NHL drafts. Not to mention you're drafting players in the NBA to play immediately (theoretically) whereas in the NHL you're drafting players with the ability to hold their rights and allow them to develop in college, juniors, or the minors so there's MUCH more speculative drafting. For what it's worth, the NBA and NCAA should seriously consider adopting a similar model where players could return to college after being drafted if teams felt it was best for them to continue developing. The D-League is not the best place for young 19 and 20 year old players who made the wrong choice to stay in the draft to learn how to play the game.

Reaction Score

Also, Karashik is ranked the 154th NA skater, so he has a chance too!

I know, was just a taking a friendly shot at our basketball but it's truly amazing to see the trajectory all of our sports programs are on. Every sport is starting to carve out their own legacy.

Thanks for the reminder on Karashik too forgot he was projected to be picked.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Would love to see him stay "home" in New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom