Tage Thompson #28 in NHL draft prediction | The Boneyard

Tage Thompson #28 in NHL draft prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
14, 15, 17, 18, 47 tho :)

Didn't know Thompson was getting that much respect from NHL scouts, great to see for him and the program, especially if he can sneak into the first round.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
14, 15, 17, 18, 47 tho :)

i

Reaction Score
From PC Game earlier tonight:

MarkDivver7:12pm via Twitter Web Client
More NHL scouts, front office guys, including Brian Burke, at Schneider tonight than any game this year.

MarkDivver7:15pm via Twitter Web Client
LT. UConn's 6-5 freshman LW Tage Thompson is the big draw.
Huh? Brian Burke was at the game because him and a dozen other alumni were being honored after first period in addition Burke is at PC tons because he has a 1st rd draft pick playing for PC who is a senior this year. Thompson was -3 tonight and last weekend against Merrimack he didn't do to much.

Reaction Score
Thompson was -3 tonight and last weekend against Merrimack he didn't do to much.

You just can't resist taking a poke @ any UConn kid can ya? Frucking jerk.

Guessing your opinion doesn't move the needle much anyways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You just can't resist taking a poke @ any UConn kid can ya? Frucking jerk.

Guessing your opinion doesn't move the needle much anyways.
Supreme bags will be Supreme bags Medic...he has passed tool status already..LOL.

Reaction Score
He scores, Letunov picks up two points - silence.
Don't expect anything less from him....he goes off the radar when he is wrong and gets called out! The first goal was NHL sniper caliber...

Reaction Score
Great goal by the young lad it was needed at the time to keep the game interesting. I like the kid if we played the whole 60 minutes of each game this year on the Power Play but we all know that will never happen. He has (1) goal all year during regular play 5 on 5 and seems to gets more minutes than Wayne Gretzky in addition he is put in every situation to succeed on the ice. So with the ton of ice time Cavanaugh seems to give him and put in every situation to succeed on the ice, playing with Lutunov, getting the change on the offensive face offs etc.... am I impressed with the (1) goal all year? Nope not at all. Do I like his hockey sense and his production on the power play? Absolutely. Does he play a complete game? No. Is he still young ? Yes. Do I think he will improve year to year? Based on the sophmores,juniors,seniors production under Cavanaugh over the past 3 years that is a No. Am I glad he is wearing the UCONN colors? Yes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great goal by the young lad it was needed at the time to keep the game interesting. I like the kid if we played the whole 60 minutes of each game this year on the Power Play but we all know that will never happen. He has (1) goal all year during regular play 5 on 5 and seems to gets more minutes than Wayne Gretzky in addition he is put in every situation to succeed on the ice. So with the ton of ice time Cavanaugh seems to give him and put in every situation to succeed on the ice, playing with Lutunov, getting the change on the offensive face offs etc.... am I impressed with the (1) goal all year? Nope not at all. Do I like his hockey sense and his production on the power play? Absolutely. Does he play a complete game? No. Is he still young ? Yes. Do I think he will improve year to year? Based on the sophmores,juniors,seniors production under Cavanaugh over the past 3 years that is a No. Am I glad he is wearing the UCONN colors? Yes.
You do know he moved him back to defense when Wight went out of the game with an injury right? Are you a NHL scout or GM...NOPE! I'd dare you to say that exact post to his old man's face...would actually LOVE to be there when you did it...he could throw hands with the best of them in the NHL during his playing days. Oh yeah 1 other thing...the kid you called "the turn over machine" plays a pretty good game...in all facets INCLUDING sticking up for his teammates. Oh yeah and 1 other...the second goal they scored at the end of the game off the face-off...ran that play EXACTLY as Cav drew it up...amazing what you see and hear when you sit right behind the bench. But keep posting nonsense like this...it just shows how little you know about the game!

Reaction Score
Little angry man you would make an absolute horrendous hockey coach at any level. Hopefully the closest you get to a hockey bench is behind the glass in the front row with a bottle Windex and a few paper towels so you can watch your idle draft up the perfect play again lol. That is really creepy.

Reaction Score
Little angry man you would make an absolute horrendous hockey coach at any level. Hopefully the closest you get to a hockey bench is behind the glass in the front row with a bottle Windex and a few paper towels so you can watch your idle draft up the perfect play again lol. That is really creepy.
I have been playing hockey for over 35 yr's...actually know a lot about the game which is more than I can say for you. I don't watch the game from the bench..I spend 3 periods in my crease. You'd actually make out well in the men's league I play in...Inwould pay top dollar to see you skate in a game. I was just bringing up a point that you seem to trash Cav's coaching strategy's ...yet the kids buy into it. One thing is for sure ...good thing you don't scout for a team...you couldn't pick a winning fantasy hockey roster. Keep up your great posting efforts though...they are a great source of comedy here. Next thing you know you'll be telling us how you watched UConn/AIC on ESPN way back in the day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So what are the odds that Thompson and Lutonov are back next year? I'm not too familiar with this whole NHL draft thing and how the teams disperse their talent throughout the leagues below the NHL.

Oh, and duck**k Bettman

Reaction Score
So what are the odds that Thompson and Lutonov are back next year? I'm not too familiar with this whole NHL draft thing and how the teams disperse their talent throughout the leagues below the NHL.

Oh, and duck**k Bettman
If I was a betting man I would say the odds are 100 % both are back at UConn next year. I like watching them both especially Thompson on the PP but it's obvious they both need to mature and get stronger on the ice. As Coach Cav said his best line these past two weeks has been his 4th line of Ferris, El-Mir and Kalters....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I was a betting man I would say the odds are 100 % both are back at UConn next year. I like watching them both especially Thompson on the PP but it's obvious they both need to mature and get stronger on the ice. As Coach Cav said his best line these past two weeks has been his 4th line of Ferris, El-Mir and Kalters....
It's Kalter not Kalters.....It's also can't be over looked that since Ronan has come back from injury the 3rd line has played extremely well. 2 big goals in 2 games. You are dead on about Thompson and Letunov needing to get stronger. I see them both back next year minimum. Joe Masonius has also played well the past 6 games....he should be drafted as well.

Reaction Score
Yes Ronan has given that 3rd line a definite jump which it desperately needed. Masonius I'm not to sure about - a little too casual and lackadaisical out there as a dman to put it mildly. If he didn't get drafted out of the USA Program last year when he was draft eligible with all those scouts and exposure out there than something is wrong because it seems like everyone gets drafted out of that program including the Zamboni drivers.

Reaction Score
Yes Ronan has given that 3rd line a definite jump which it desperately needed. Masonius I'm not to sure about - a little too casual and lackadaisical out there as a dman to put it mildly. If he didn't get drafted out of the USA Program last year when he was draft eligible with all those scouts and exposure out there than something is wrong because it seems like everyone gets drafted out of that program including the Zamboni drivers.
Masonius is currently ranked 105 in NHL Central Scouting list of draft eligible players for the 2016 NHL Draft:
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/1/19/10790360/2016-nhl-draft-rankings-prospects-scouting
Last year he was ranked 201....

Reaction Score
Maybe someone will throw a flyer out on him in the later rounds?
Yeah...if that kid Clifton from QU was a 6th round pick..I can see a 4th (highest), 5th-6th rnd pick on him. He put up some good point totals as a freshman. Keep an eye on the Penguins...he went to their development camp this past summer.

Reaction Score
It's Kalter not Kalters.....It's also can't be over looked that since Ronan has come back from injury the 3rd line has played extremely well. 2 big goals in 2 games. You are dead on about Thompson and Letunov needing to get stronger. I see them both back next year minimum. Joe Masonius has also played well the past 6 games....he should be drafted as well.
If Segalla was a fourth rounder, Masonius deserves to be picked.

Reaction Score
Ronan is like a little Theo Fleury out there - small dude that skates like the wind. It's not a coincidence we win two must-win games as soon as he comes back.

At least he looks small from the stands no clue what his actual height is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro