T-Swift - UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

T-Swift - UConn

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love the addition of Captain Lou. I'm not sure it'd make a great sing along song, but I'd thoroughly enjoy it. I do love singing to Riding in my Car on a summer day with the windows down, but I doubt the kids know it.
I was pondering Pink's "Just like a pill", maybe Lady A's "Need You Now". I'm out of touch with most music from the last 10+ years. Most of it is not my gig. "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes.
Kids today are rediscovering old tunes. It's pretty wild. The recent Cure tour was a huge smash hit in part because all the college kids wanted to see them. 80's tunes in particular are seeing a revival. Blister in the Sun included.

Captain Lou because NRBQ has CT roots and pro wrestling was born nearby. It is goofy and weird and you can lead it right into "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" since he was in the video. I can see Lou Albano wigs & beards, you could make it a thing. They won't but kids could have fun with it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Look, if we're going to actually stand out and have fun, there are some songs that people will sing, often despite themselves.

My first choice at top.
One Way or Another - Blondie
Dancing Queen - ABBA
Captain Lou Albano - NRBQ

Got to move on from tired tunes like Start Me Up.
Agreed, but what makes any of those three any fresher than "Start Me Up?" They are all 40+ years old. I agree that UConn needs to update the Jock Jams sound track, and using the most current popular artist with the widest reach is a good start, they need to take another step and use the Pep/Marching bands while they are at it.

Back to the topic at hand, to say that UConn "stole" anything from Providence is a stretch at best. As if every program in the country didn't blare Gary Glitter in the 15-20 years leading up to his arrest for...a certain charge...in 1999 ("Rock & Roll, Part II" came out in the early 70s).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kids today are rediscovering old tunes. It's pretty wild. The recent Cure tour was a huge smash hit in part because all the college kids wanted to see them. 80's tunes in particular are seeing a revival. Blister in the Sun included.

Captain Lou because NRBQ has CT roots and pro wrestling was born nearby. It is goofy and weird and you can lead it right into "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" since he was in the video. I can see Lou Albano wigs & beards, you could make it a thing. They won't but kids could have fun with it.
"Goonies!!"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed, but what makes any of those three any fresher than "Start Me Up?" They are all 40+ years old. I agree that UConn needs to update the Jock Jams sound track, and using the most current popular artist with the widest reach is a good start, they need to take another step and use the Pep/Marching bands while they are at it.

Back to the topic at hand, to say that UConn "stole" anything from Providence is a stretch at best. As if every program in the country didn't blare Gary Glitter in the 15-20 years leading up to his arrest for...a certain charge...in 1999 ("Rock & Roll, Part II" came out in the early 70s).
Start me up has been played in sports arenas all those years. These songs haven't. It isn't about new songs vs old, new songs mostly suck. They rarely have a chorus that lends itself to this situation. I'm all for updating Jock Jams.

Reaction Score
It’s clear why you’re here. You’re a wolf in sheep’s clothing. You play nice, try to mix in for the most part and lay waiting for the prime opportunity to stick something in our faces.

And generally? We like you and let you hang around and know you’re harmless and your program stinks.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Your bravado belies an underlying insecurity. A little self reflection could help you understand your insecurity and then maybe find more effective ways to cope. I can imagine being a Providence fan would strain anyone's self esteem, no shame admitting that...

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My 10 year old’s favorite station is 80’s on 8 on Sirius radio in the car. A lot of Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, etc. I’m the team DJ for his youth hockey games and Bon Jovi, Eminem, Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc are on heavy rotation and they love it. There aren’t that many new songs to get you jacked up before games these days…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom