OT: - Syracuse | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Providence is a better program than Cuse and it is not remotely close. Better future too.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reaction Score

At least they’re in the news now
For anyone who doesn’t want to do a lot of reading. Former Cuse Walk On & Buddys roommate at Brewster was allegedly Diddys drug mule

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I love Dasher. He might the biggest idiot out there. But most of their fans realize what's going on.

Cuse can get back to a respectable place. but being a top 20 program is going to be tough in a very toxic ACC. I also don't think they can hire a great coach (Nate Oats isn't going there) so they are hoping that Red is their guy.

Dasher:
Cope U Mad GIF by Pudgy Memez

The rest of them (mostly) have started their healing. There are actually some pretty funny guys over there. The Brendan Paul thread gave me a few chuckles.

Also let me add to that. Dude just got busted bringing Cocaine on Diddys plane INTO Florida. Who needs to bring blow into Florida?! That's like trying to bring Connecticut grown Pineapples into Hawaii Talk about the shortfalls of a Syracuse education.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand the “luck” claims around our natties in 11’ and 14’ they constantly talk about over there. We peaked at the right time and won most of our games very convincingly. We had the best player in each tourney and beat great teams on the way. In 14’ we beat Nova, Iowa St, Kentucky and Florida (the overall #1 and heavy favorite). That was a brutal path.

In 2011 we had to beat very good Arizona and Kentucky teams and repeat finalist Butler (coached by Brad Stevens). We also had to beat an SDSU team that was ranked #6 in the country.

I focus more on our bad luck. We lost Jerome Dyson to an Achilles when we were clearly the best team in the country in 2009. (even then, we still made the FF). We’d have gotten #6.

We also lost regional finals in NC to Duke and UNC, Maryland in Washington DC, UCLA in Oakland and some other oddities that really screwed us. We should have 6-8 titles. (The accuracy of this last paragraph wasn’t researched, going on memory)

Reaction Score
in 14’ we beat Nova, Iowa St, Kentucky and Florida (the overall #1 and heavy favorite). That was a brutal path.
funny how that works isnt it? we "didnt have to beat anyone good" in 2023 but when we did in 2011 and 2014 its b/c we got "lucky"

are the 1999 and 2004 chips accepted as well earned?

Reaction Score
We also lost regional finals in NC to Duke and UNC, Maryland in Washington DC, UCLA in Oakland and some other oddities that really screwed us. We should have 6-8 titles. (The accuracy of this last paragraph wasn’t researched, going on memory)
The loss to Maryland was at the dome in Canada.

Reaction Score
I saw this yesterday. Took a bunch of screenshots and definitely had a good laugh.
Un- believable. LMAO!!
Great, just what I need, another teams message board to troll, I mean read
I’m never going to accomplish another thing in my life. Professional message boarder, that’ll be me.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand the “luck” claims around our natties in 11’ and 14’ they constantly talk about over there. We peaked at the right time and won most of our games very convincingly. We had the best player in each tourney and beat great teams on the way. In 14’ we beat Nova, Iowa St, Kentucky and Florida (the overall #1 and heavy favorite). That was a brutal path.

In 2011 we had to beat very good Arizona and Kentucky teams and repeat finalist Butler (coached by Brad Stevens). We also had to beat an SDSU team that was ranked #6 in the country.

I focus more on our bad luck. We lost Jerome Dyson to an Achilles when we were clearly the best team in the country in 2009. (even then, we still made the FF). We’d have gotten #6.

We lost to Maryland in of all places -- Syracuse.

Reaction Score

Texas in Texas and Florida in Miami too.

Maryland was in Syracuse though.

Poe

Reaction Score
They should hang up a banner or print some tshirts for producing more drug mules than nba players

Reaction Score
funny how that works isnt it? we "didnt have to beat anyone good" in 2023 but when we did in 2011 and 2014 its b/c we got "lucky"

are the 1999 and 2004 chips accepted as well earned?
It's just a coping mechanism for fans that are stupidly drunk on haterade and have a hate for UConn.

It's a myth that they "didn't have to beat anyone good" in 2023. UConn's 5 NCAAT opponents were ranked in the Top 25 of KenPom and in the AP polls. I read somewhere UConn was only the 3rd school to have to do that in 15 years or something like that. Even in Iona is a difficult opponent for the first round, much tougher than a 16 seed.

tv

Reaction Score

Don't forget about 2003, vs Texas in San Antonio...

Reaction Score
Don't forget about 2003, vs Texas in San Antonio...
This is the one I was confusing with Maryland. Thanks.
So many times, we had to play a huge tourney game in the worst possible place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom